Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7  All   Go Down

Author Topic: January pipeline offroad GTG  (Read 32888 times)

blackchev

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
January pipeline offroad GTG
« on: November 17, 2004, 18:36:41 PM »

MDZ66 is working on getting a guide through the pipeline for us. He will update us on the progress so stay tuned :o :o

isjustus

• I need an updated AVatar
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 18:58:20 PM »

You're looking for a guided run of the pipeline?? I know the pipeline well as I've been off-roading there for 5-6 years. With the way my Jimmy is set up though, I've found it a little boring as a late. Not saying that a group of Av's wouldn't have fun, just not challenging enough with my Jimmy. If I can help in some way, let me know.
2002 Green Av Z71

blackchev

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 19:11:01 PM »

We were up there a couple of years ago but not sure of the route through. We were guided by visualj and his jeep club ( awesome group of people), Check with mdz66, his was in contact with visualj.
He is waiting to see what visuals schedule is for January.

Hope to see you there.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 19:11:14 PM by blackchev »

isjustus

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 20:09:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure I know who VisualJ is(he's got a green TJ wrangler, and lives up the street from me). And, I probably know some of the others he wheels with. Jan is a little too far off for me to say that I could definately go, but.........when the time comes, I'll try to be there. I'd pull my Jimmy up with my AV, so I could kinda say I was part of the GTG!!
2002 Green Av Z71

blackchev

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 15:45:52 PM »

The more the merrier, Thanks in advance.
Is there any way to get a road map or plat map of the area?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 15:46:26 PM by blackchev »

Mdz66

• I love my 1st and only Z-66 Avalanche!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 19:07:16 PM »

I will make a road trip to Mountain next tuesday and pick up anything I get my hands on and post what I get.   I will also see what is available for a dinner stop I would suggest a picnic but I think we will have shovel snow off the table first.    Matt        p.s  any help is very much appreciated as I can get to Mountain but the Pipeline  trails are another story (all those trees look the same to me) :o :o :o
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 19:36:09 PM by Mdz66 »

02 Forest Green Z-66, Medium Cloth, Grille Gaurd, K&N Cold Air Kit, Gibson Stainless Sport Truck Cat-Back, Tube Side Steps, Silver Stars , Full-Time Amber Drls, 10In Flip Down Monitor, Bose Dvd, Green Underbody Kit, Functional Ram Air Hood, Forest, Green Bowtie, Billet Grill, Mountain Decal In Back Window,  Red Brake Calipers, Aux Tranny Cooler, D&S Rotors

isjustus

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 20:43:24 PM »

MDZ, I used the email in your profile and sent you 2 scans of GPS "tracks" showing MOST of the pipeline N. of CTY W. Maybe these will help out. Let me know if you get them. :1:
2002 Green Av Z71

blackchev

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 10:48:04 AM »

MDZ, I used the email in your profile and sent you 2 scans of GPS "tracks" showing MOST of the pipeline N. of CTY W. Maybe these will help out. Let me know if you get them. :1:
Can you send me the tracks and I will put them in my gps with my maping software

isjustus

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 15:16:36 PM »

Blackchev, you have email(2) to the account in your profile. ;D
2002 Green Av Z71

Mdz66

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 17:40:26 PM »

We went to the Pipeline area today to find a dinner stop.  It is about a quarter mile out of our way and has very good food.   I am really glad we are going when the ground is frozen because the first water hole is about 3 feet deep.    Things are cooling off here so we should has plenty of ice by the time we go.     Anyone interested in going and need hotel info let me know.       Matt

02 Forest Green Z-66, Medium Cloth, Grille Gaurd, K&N Cold Air Kit, Gibson Stainless Sport Truck Cat-Back, Tube Side Steps, Silver Stars , Full-Time Amber Drls, 10In Flip Down Monitor, Bose Dvd, Green Underbody Kit, Functional Ram Air Hood, Forest, Green Bowtie, Billet Grill, Mountain Decal In Back Window,  Red Brake Calipers, Aux Tranny Cooler, D&S Rotors

Mdz66

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 21:44:02 PM »

Is January 29th ok for the Pipeline trip?   Matt

isjustus

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 15:52:21 PM »

I'll have to see if I can make it. Although, I'd bring <----- that truck, pulling it up on a trailer with my Av.

How much of the pipeline did you check out, from that map I sent ya?
2002 Green Av Z71

Avialanche

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 16:32:39 PM »

Works for me. :B:
2004 DGM 2500 4x4 Fully Loaded, Z85 Off-Road PKG, 4:10's, 33" Tires, 3" Body Lift, Strobes, 4300K Low Beam HIDS, 4300K Fog HIDS, Deep Sump Finned Trans Pan, Hitch Electrical Plug Relocated to Bumper, Wait-For-Me-Performance Tune, Y91 Luxury Navigation System with Aux DVD Player/TV Tuner, Rear DVD Player, Tint, Iridium Plugs

Mdz66

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 19:33:17 PM »

I knew I could count on you,Avialanche.  I didn't go past the first water hole as I was alone on the trip. I would have needed waders to get around the hole.   Something had gotten stuck real bad recently that required a large tractor to drive in there.  I drove in by the substation on County W.   As soon as it is frozen I will make another trip up there, it is a very nice drive.  I will have pics then.  Matt          p.s.  I still have not heard back from Visualj weather or not he will be up for this.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 19:35:52 PM by Mdz66 »

isjustus

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2004, 20:56:27 PM »

My GPS tracks, should have shown the bypass that we take around that water/mud hole. Even with ice, I think I would check ice thicknesses on the bigger mud and water holes(I like to err with caution). I don't know if any of them are spring fed or not, but if so, could have thin/brittle ice covering to them. I've never run it in the winter, so I don't know what I should tell you to expect. If I'm able to make it(too far away right now) I know it quite well, so I could help navigate it.
2002 Green Av Z71

NorthFace-no more

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
  • Still Love the North Face Edition Avalanche- Sold
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2004, 07:16:44 AM »

Hello everyone,

January 29th works for us also. I will sure be ready for a break from work by then.

Matt, I would appreciate any info on hotels in the area.

I may not be posting much but count us in, and I will have Debbie check for any updates or changes.

See you all then.

David
No longer have - 2002 North Face Avalanche, Sage Green, Brush guard, winshield decals, side steps, motorized screen in-dash DVD player, back-up sensor, bug deflector, vent visors.

2005 SOMII 2500 AV. Factory Nav, Bug Deflector, backup Camera, more to come.
www.picturetrail.com/northface_av

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2004, 16:45:51 PM »

Hmm... that sounds kinda fun!!! but i wouldnt go... im stickly road only  ;) starting to sound like mdz  ;)

Proud Member Of The BoilerMakers Local 696 Union

sunny_dub

• Sunny and Chromed out!
    • Cardomain site
« Reply #17 on: December 2, 2004, 13:58:46 PM »

Please keep me informed on this.  I will need to change out the Chrome 20's though for this trip.  I have the offroad itch and no where around to scratch it.

StrobinAvalanche

« Reply #18 on: December 2, 2004, 14:11:35 PM »

Strobe is out . . . and no it's not because I don't wanna 4x4 . . . that is the date of my father's passing and I am going to be with my family.  

Sorry.  

Mongos Wife

• Gee, What color Avalanche should I ask for?
« Reply #19 on: December 4, 2004, 18:45:48 PM »

Might be in -- can you send us some details (maps, hotel info, etc)?

Mdz66

« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2004, 19:34:04 PM »

Hey would you guys like to stay closer to the Pipeline area (very small town) or in my town which is 45 minutes away.   We have about 8 hotels half  allow pets vs 2 in the Pipeline area.     Matt    

blackchev

« Reply #21 on: December 5, 2004, 20:09:34 PM »

Can we opt for you house, The MDZ motel for 2+

blackchev

« Reply #22 on: December 5, 2004, 20:10:35 PM »

Hey would you guys like to stay closer to the Pipeline area (very small town) or in my town which is 45 minutes away.   We have about 8 hotels half  allow pets vs 2 in the Pipeline area.     Matt    
Check your PM'S

Mdz66

« Reply #23 on: December 5, 2004, 22:04:54 PM »

Blackchev,  You guys are more than welcome at our place and anyone willing to pitch a tent in our backyard is more than welcome as well. :4 :4: :4:  I checked with the local Econo Lodge   (a former Howard Johnson hotel) on the shore of Lake Michigan.     1.5 miles from my home.               They will allow pets  $68 per night or if we get 5 rooms, group rate drops it down to $50   Matt
« Last Edit: December 6, 2004, 09:05:23 AM by Mdz66 »

ChevyAV2003

• #$^%$@! Me Love Chevy Avalanche! #$^%$@!
« Reply #24 on: December 6, 2004, 19:55:09 PM »

Sounds like fun but the date is around my wifes b-day(28th) and I can't afford to scratch up my baby (my AV)... dirty her is fine but if I screwed up and scratched it I would be mad at myself... earlier vehicles I didn't have a problem with a scratch or 2 ;)

Maybe when I get a job and can afford a mudder or at least an ATV I can enjoy some offroading like that :D Now if it is just some backroading down some dirt roads .. I am all about that but working through 3 foot mud holes I learned a long time ago is not always a good idea... never know what someone might of lost in one of those holes :P

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 24 queries.