• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Flying to Destin FL and driving back to NH via 95....

nhavalanche

I know I posted this in Florida already and that didn't make sense as I will be traveling through all of your states in this region....

Hey Everyone,

I am flying down to help my sister drive back home to New Hampshire. I did not know if anyone was in the areas I might be staying or driving through.

I did this a few years ago in Texas and actually met like 6-8 members for lunch...it was nice.

Just thinking if maybe I could run into some of you in the South...

I am flying down July 21st and would start driving back the following day - towards Tallahassee and then heading up North on 95.

Maybe spend the night near Savannah GA ..then up towards Raleigh NC and so on...just wondering  if anyone is interested in showing me a nice bar or two in the areas along the way...

I will buy if we hook up...

If anyone has any suggestions of great BBQ and great bars...not into the nightclub stuff gawd I am 36 years old...lol
but we like to drink at some really nice places...more of the rustic BBQ diners etc,....

Let me know what you suggest and thanks for helping us plan a great trip!

:cool:

You know coming through Birmingham and Chattanooga/Cleveland TN is only 30 minutes and only 1 mile difference in driving time and distance...  You will drive by (real close) where the Nationals are taking place this year...  :B: ... and 81 is a much prettier drive (through the Appalachians) than flat ol 95.

All jokes aside, that route will bypass the DC beltway and Phili and put you back on 95 in/near NYC - depending on the time you hit DC you may make up that 1/2 hour...

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 21
Hey that sounds much better than going 95 all the way back...I was stationed in Montgomery AL back in the early 90's and traveled to Birmingham quite frequently...

Thanks for the possibility of changing my route...sounds great!

I wanted to get into Tennessee because I am dying to eat some good BBQ ribs and they supposedly have some of the best in the country.
:cool:

Back