Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/31/14 07:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning, Restoring Plastic tonneau, body panels.  (Read 11681 times)
beachboy27

Awards
« on: 07/05/08 12:23 PM »

What should I use to freshen and restore the black plastic panels on my 04 Z71? They are just starting to fade and I want to catch them before they are that whitish grey I see so often.

Thanks.
WILDFIRE
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07/05/08 12:28 PM »

check out this thread, people have been having excellent results 

alternative to Gatorback......?

sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out
Tango Chaser
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07/05/08 12:29 PM »

What should I use to freshen and restore the black plastic panels on my 04 Z71? They are just starting to fade and I want to catch them before they are that whitish grey I see so often.

Thanks.

Check out http://www.gatorbackcoatings.com/  for a more permanant solution

Others should chime in for other ideas that require re-treatment a few times a year.
WILDFIRE

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/05/08 12:30 PM »

welcome to the club btw  Wave

GoNavy429

08' LS

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 07/05/08 12:52 PM »

Well I have a 2008, so don't know if this helps if they arre already faded, but, I cleaned mine real good, then put turtle wax Ice car polish on them, seems to work really well, they haven't even hinted at starting to fade yet.  This new turtle wax Ice is awesome, you can use it on everything on the truck, paint, glass and the plastic panels.  Don't think I will be using anything else from now on, this stuff is like magic, and Sssoooo easy to use, no hard rubbing, put it on and wipe, that is about it.

http://www.icepolish.com/?tid=1949&gclid=CJv82KjCqZQCFQ4hnAod2FhlgA

Oh by the way, you don't have to get it online, Autozone, O'Reilly's and just about any place that has an automotive department has this stuff.
« Last Edit: 07/05/08 12:56 PM by GoNavy429 » Logged

2008 Deep Ruby Metallic Avalanche LS, 5.3L non-flex fuel Vortec V8, Custom Cloth 40/20/40, On Star, XM Radio Six CD changer, Remote Start, Tow package
IslandAvy

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 07/12/08 08:07 PM »

Hi all,
Plastic cladding, tonneau covers, sail panels......a friend of mine told me immediately after I bought my 2005 that I should just spray them and wipe off with WD-40. It works. doesn't cost an arm or leg, I spray on a towel and wipe on.  No gray has shown up yet, and I do not get it on my paint.

I think the mod portion of this site is great.

Have fun.
WILDFIRE

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 07/13/08 01:39 AM »

Hi all,
Plastic cladding, tonneau covers, sail panels......a friend of mine told me immediately after I bought my 2005 that I should just spray them and wipe off with WD-40. It works. doesn't cost an arm or leg, I spray on a towel and wipe on.  No gray has shown up yet, and I do not get it on my paint.

Have fun.
I would think it would collect dust pretty bad?

ohiobellboy
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 07/13/08 05:56 AM »

Hi all,

Have fun.
Watch out for it to run on your paint when it gets wet.

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with way too many mods to list. Current mileage 172,*** Nice weather only now.
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 154,*** Now used as my winter beater
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12 as a daily driver for Twiggy. A few mods. Current mileage is 145,***
Other Summer toy - 2011 FLTRUSE (Slate/Black) also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra (Only made one year) Lots of fun on two wheels!
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 07/13/08 11:53 AM »

How often do you want to apply stuff?

if ya every week then use armor type..

if once a month try tire shine stuff

if once a year try Future floor wax

If one time then gatorback

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: