Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chief Interviewed for the Today Show  (Read 58958 times)

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
Re: Chief Interviewed for the Today Show
« Reply #100 on: 07/10/08 12:02 AM »

Nice interview, sorry it was chopped up.

As far as promoting the AV and this site maybe we all could consider an unofficial "avalanche" of the media in our areas. As an example, get the media to cover the Nationals especially the charity efforts and bring up the fact that even with high gas prices owners travel all over to the meets and help kids. (Maybe even invite local dealers and GM brass to attend as well to see the enthusiasm for the AV and that there is still a demand for a large size vehicle.)
This effort could be multiplied at various GTGs all over the country.
Years ago most people hated bikers but things have changed with all the charity events and positive press they have gotten.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

PerfectReign

• CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member
  • A Turn Signal is a Statement, Not a Request
    • My Little Home on the Intrawebs
« Reply #101 on: 07/10/08 08:44 AM »

No Grand Am - YECK!  Grand Prix, and you can actually get a Grand Prix with a LS4 5.3L V8 under the hood right from General Motors!

my bad! 

I still think of Smokey and the Bandit whenever I think of a Grand Am.  I know the grand prix is supposed to be nicer.

Aren't they both FWD, tho?

2006 WBH2016 Malibu Hybrid

Tdybr27

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
  • Good bye ol' pal.
    • CAC
« Reply #102 on: 07/10/08 09:01 AM »

my bad! 

I still think of Smokey and the Bandit whenever I think of a Grand Am.  I know the grand prix is supposed to be nicer.

Aren't they both FWD, tho?

I always thought he drove a Trans Am   :dunno:
Gone but not forgotten.   Good bye old pal.

teksavy

• CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member
  • Got a Cubby?
    • CUBBYCAM Website
« Reply #103 on: 07/10/08 10:15 AM »

Chief-

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing the back story with us. I also appreciate pointing out Toyota's stance on the matter.

Like others have said, it is great putting a face to the name. I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the admins on the board in person, but never the founder. Although it was a virtual meet, it was a great one...

Everyone else-

On a different note. Why can't a family have the best of both worlds? Why does it have to be either a gus guzzler or a fuel sipper? I have both and absolutely LOVE it.

My TDI is my daily commuter and I got 40 mpg with no compromises.. its fast, fun comfortable and economical. But for the weekends, travel and home projects, the AV is the order of the day and it rocks. The AV is the perfect truck for me and I love mine. I feel like I have a cake and I'm eating it too.

The perfect combo:

I see no reason why others couldn't do the same. Ot at least why nobody talks about it. ;)

-Ed

SOLD! 2003 Loaded Z71 4x4 DGM with 6" RCD Lift, 4.56 Gears, Lots of goodies.
See most of it on my website

Rocky07

• Best, Most AVersatile AVehicle on the Planet
« Reply #104 on: 07/10/08 11:19 AM »

...... If you live in the greater Houston Area and drive a Chevrolet, consider kicking some business there way, even if its just your next oil change for any Chevrolet you're rolling around in, and when you do, make sure you let them know you're there to support them for doing the news story.

Chief.....lived in Houston for almost 40 years and bought every Chevy I owned from them.  They are the best Chevy dealer I have ever dealt with. :thumbsup:
'07 LTZ Avalanche-"Rocky II"
'02 Z71 Avalanche-"Rocky I"
'64 1/2 Mustang Rag-top
'66 Mustang Coupe
'68 Mustang Coupe (under restoration)
'80 John Deere 2040

irontrain

• CAFCNA Global Moderator
  • Chicago BULLS #1
« Reply #105 on: 07/10/08 12:00 PM »

I always thought he drove a Trans Am   :dunno:

He did. I owned 2 of em. :thumbsup: One was a 77 special edition with the Olds 403and an at. The second one was also a 77 that began life with a Pontiac 400 w/Hurst 4 speed.. I swapped it out for a SD455 from a 72 Pontiac TA. Both were Starlight Black and had more decals than Revell packs with their model cars currently.
This space for rent

INresponse

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • Remember when people used to be proud of America?
« Reply #106 on: 07/10/08 03:02 PM »

Nice interview, sorry it was chopped up.

As far as promoting the AV and this site maybe we all could consider an unofficial "avalanche" of the media in our areas. As an example, get the media to cover the Nationals especially the charity efforts and bring up the fact that even with high gas prices owners travel all over to the meets and help kids. (Maybe even invite local dealers and GM brass to attend as well to see the enthusiasm for the AV and that there is still a demand for a large size vehicle.)
This effort could be multiplied at various GTGs all over the country.
Years ago most people hated bikers but things have changed with all the charity events and positive press they have gotten.

Good idea.   Actually I beleive Chevrolet and local dealers were invited to last years Nationals, and I would suspect the offer was extended again this year.  Also many members have talked with local dealers about the club and/or invited local dealers to events and GTG's.  WE also had the local news channel at Nationals last year for the day at the youth home.  They had a very nice news story interviewing Todd and bringing positive attention to CAFCNA and the childrens home.

If anyone is planning a large GTG in their area, call the local news and invite them.  Who knows, maybe you will make the national news, and hopefully without being misquoted or taken out of context.
Born On Date: 9-8-01
2002 Z71 Avalanche, 5.3  ATI Procharger with intercooler, custom cold air intake, HP Tuners, 4.10 gears (formerly 3.73), Fire and Ice light bar, Patriotic emblems, US Speedo stainless face plate, Patriotic 3rd brake light decal, Refinish Restorer, Additional GM trans cooler, Manic stainless brush guard, 160,000+ miles, and a big brother named RAMalicious.

Flint4x4

• Silent Avalanche - In Memorial
« Reply #107 on: 07/10/08 09:43 PM »

I'm half mile from the river and 5 miles from a nice lake to use my peddle boat. Looking at electric trolling motors but it's not about mpg really, I'm more a canoe paddler or let the river current take me for a lazy day on the water guy. Same for living close to work, it's the time I save rather than the gas important to me. An hour less on the road each way is two hours more on the water.

No offense Chief but I don't think anyone yet said,...

Ze plane Boss, ze plane!

'94 Chevy S10 ext. cab. low miles, '09 GMC Acadia low miles
FWD + RWD = 4x4, loaded '04 AV totaled late 2016

Willyorca

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
  • All because of a truck...
« Reply #108 on: 07/27/08 10:59 AM »

Everyone else-
On a different note. Why can't a family have the best of both worlds? Why does it have to be either a gus guzzler or a fuel sipper? I have both and absolutely LOVE it.
My TDI is my daily commuter and I got 40 mpg with no compromises.. its fast, fun comfortable and economical. But for the weekends, travel and home projects, the AV is the order of the day and it rocks. The AV is the perfect truck for me and I love mine. I feel like I have a cake and I'm eating it too.

The perfect combo:

I see no reason why others couldn't do the same. Ot at least why nobody talks about it. ;)

-Ed

I'll talk!  I have a Z71 Tahoe AND a '93 Honda Accord with manual transmission.

I get 24mpg highway with my truck and the car gets about 36-40.

Love them both!

I will not get rid of my truck.  I use it and it's worth more to me in my driveway than trying to trade it on something I don't like.
Always up for a GTG!  GTG's Attended In: NJ, DE, MD, NY, ON (Canada), CT, FL, GA, PA, MA, TN, NC, WV.
Big GTG's:  Niagara I & II, multiple STI's, Pigeon Forge 2008 Nat'l, MCM, 2016 Charlotte Nat'l

JSal69

• CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member
  • LI/NYC Chapter Decals On Sale Now - $6 each
« Reply #109 on: 07/27/08 12:14 PM »

He's put on a few more pounds, and had to have the suit let out a little, but here is Chief back in the 70's wearing the same suit.

'04 Arrival Blue, WBH, Z71, SS Emblems, SS Headrests, Chrome SS Silverado Rims & SS White Face Gauge Cluster w/Trans Temp, Denali Dash Bezel, Many Chrome Parts, Born-On-Date 11/28/03, Adoption Date 01/02/04, Member Of The A.B.N.

"THOUGH I DRIVE THRU THE VALLEY OF RICE, I SHALL FEAR NO IMPORT... FOR TORQUE ARTE' WITH ME..."

NoGasMoney

« Reply #110 on: 08/04/08 07:41 AM »

nice

Troublemaker

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • NY NY DC PA
« Reply #111 on: 08/04/08 07:51 AM »

Looks like GasCrunch is at it again.....
Click the pic to listen along!

avz66

• CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member
  • AV - AHOLIC!!!
« Reply #112 on: 08/12/08 09:22 AM »

I want to make a big plug to Knapp Chevrolet in Houston, Texas, who was very generous in letting NBC film on their lot.
Thats where I brought my Avalanche at  :thumbsup:
2002 Avalanche Z66 Indigo Blue - Bought 9-25-01 as of today  0,106,000 miles

66 AV gtgs - 22,892 Miles - Tx. (Hou, S.A.,A) LA, KY, AL,TENN., SD, Wy

CAFCNA Member - 305

Mods - Cowl Hood, Epic Gladiator 20s, Volant CAI, SportsWing, Flowmaster 40, Trenz Bullet Grill and Bowtie, AMP fuel door

7-13-15 stage 4 cancer

PerfectReign

• CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member
  • A Turn Signal is a Statement, Not a Request
    • My Little Home on the Intrawebs
« Reply #113 on: 08/13/08 01:52 PM »

Everyone else-

Teksavy, you've got a great point. (How'd you slip a TDI VW into California??)  I think many people should be able to do this.  I almost did - in buying a late '80s Mercedes 300D or 300SD - but decided I liked the comfort of the truck, even for my daily commute.

2006 WBH2016 Malibu Hybrid

Randy Joy

• CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member
  • 2011 Z71
« Reply #114 on: 11/21/11 09:00 PM »

It's not always about MPG, as Flint4x4 said it is also the mies you drive, like "living close to work". Erin Burnet yum yum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 23 queries.