• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

THANKS!!!

ericb

A HUGE thank you to all of those who had a part in making this whole event happen and the great success that it was.  John and Mike and both of your families, well, thanks just doesn't seem to be enough but it's the only thing that comes to mind.  I know it was a mountain of hard work and you both had other things that had to be taken care of, but you did it anyway.  If there are two guys who can plan a better event, then I'd like to meet them.  Hats off to you guys and for all the work you put into this week for the rest of us.

I hope to see you both again really soon.

Congrats and God Bless you guys.

Eric

I second that.  I just wish I could have been there the whole week and done more!

I third that, the event was nothing less than spectacular, even when it was raining out there was excitement!  Its so nice to be part of such a huge family and such great friends,  John ---- Mike and their family's our hats are off to you.  Again a great job!

Thank you so very much

Didit----Lu-----Molly

Thanks can't come close to expressing how much I appreciate the hard work and effort of Hugz and trAV put into making this event so great.   

It was just awesome seeing the Av family again, and meeting more new people to put faces to screen names.  :B:

Thanks to all the ladies who autographed my calendar!   :love:

I had a great time!   (y)

This was my first big GTG where I actually stayed more than 1 day!  We had a blast!  My wife, who doesn't understand the mod bug, has actually thrown around a few mods that I now "have to get" (bull bar, line of fire).Really enjoyed meeting so many new people and putting faces to screen names. Also enjoyed talking more with people, just to name a few, like Loggie, Diamond Pete, Cowgirl/JJ, and Hugz who I had met before, but never really spoke much with. Pete, if you have any questions about the knee, feel free to shoot me a PM (y) Enjoyed staying up late with my MTAC brethren mhough, Sparky, funk_drum, and EQ. Those who met Frankie (Old No. 7), there's really nothing to say except when you make your next Lynchburg run definitely let us know and there will be a GTG in the works. It was an absolute pleasure meeting everybody and also seeing familiar faces again. If Nationals is remotely close to TN, the Hop family will be there :wave:

Don't be shocked I'm really gonna post. We can not say thanks enough this was a great trip, everyone was a blast to be around  the topping to an awesome week ended with sat night and my family driving in from all points in Tennessee to visit with me and then watching me as I was blown away with the suprise of my life. Just got home 11:10pm total trip with the great tours around the country side was 2552.6 miles and 172.6 gal of fuel. again what a great trip. If you missed it don't miss the next one. If you were there I truly cherish all the new Friends we made. Thanks again to all, royalstar &snow angel

Agreed!  Thanks to everyone who not only made this GTG possible, but those who made it worth attending!  My kids didn't want to come home (and I can't really blame then either!)

It was great meeting a lot of new faces (new to me at least!), and even some of the old faces (and boy, were they old!)  :kidding:

Special thanks to Warwagon for personally delivering the only MOD I was able to complete (LOF), and to Didit for helping me get the grunt work done for the only other MOD I started (tailgate lock).

And thanks to Moddess for giving my son something to do (Dunk Tank ring a bell?)    :laugh:

I want to extend a big thank you to everyone in attendance at the 2008 National Chevy Avalanche Meet.  It was no secret that I would be leaving the site upon completion of the Meet.  Thank you for the shirt signed by everyone attending.  I will be having it framed in a shadowbox and display it proudly in my home.

I will be starting one more thread to document the donations made to the Smokey Mountain Children's Home as a result of everyone's generosity.  Great job everyone.  Once that post is made, I will ride off into the sunset as indicated in my avatar and siggy.  I have made alot of friends here and consider most everyone members of my extended family. 

Back in February, trAVelingman's widow became gravely ill to the point that we thought that her passing was imminant.  It opened my eyes to the important things in life and now I must refocus my attentions on my immediate family and their needs.  I was ready to step down as Co-Coordinator in March, but widow insisted that I not do that to Hugz and Baby Doll and to see the Nationals to the closing awards ceremony.  Our mission is now complete. 

I will always cherish the memories that I have made here and thank everyone that opened their arms and hearts to myself and my family. 

FAREWELL MY FRIENDS.  IT'S BEEN AN INCREDIBLE RUN!!​

trAV and Hugz...great job as usual! So glad I decided to come join the festivities.

trAV, we'll see you and the family again so I refuse to say "good bye" (y)  :love:  :needhug: In the meantime, take care of you and that wonderful family!  :love:

Thank you TRAV & Hugz for everything you've done for all of us. To the friends, to the memories.  :cheers:

If you ever need anything, we'll always be here for ya.

David

Thanks, like has been brought out just doesn't express the gratitutude that I have for you guys, as well as those that were there to support it. I know my plans to stay longer sorta blew up, however the one day with those that went to the Dyno and that I was able to meet on Friday made my year!

Chadstr

trAVelingman you have been a brother to me for a long time. So it is my most sincere wish to say to you. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen  good night. Don't let the door hit you where your father split you! Finally we have one less man with a Messiah complex on here! Soon we will need to begin our search for a younger faster trAVelingman 2.0 model. Perhaps a female trAVelingman (sporkdriver maybee) No way With you out of the picture NOW I CAN TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! >:D I will be the NEW trAVelingman2.0. Younger stronger faster, I will move about the country with my soldering gun in my right hand and my trusty blond sidekick(Tybee Jack) at the left. I won't have to worry about my Messiah complex. I will just be a living breathing Deity of my own!!!! >:D

( :beating: Wooh made my head hurt going off like that. Might be time to reduce the dose on the pain killers. :help:)
    I'll miss your GTG's but I won't say goodbye. I'll see you at the next one "Mystery Guest #1"

JB

(Yeah like I was going to get all sentimental)

trAv! now you know I got nothing but love for ya!! (you too Hugz). You showed me the true meaning of the word "Southern Hospititaly". I hope to see you again and I wanna thank all the members that were there. you folks are Great!!!! and I hope you Tennessee avalanches enjoied so far what I've done to the new Jack2.0, of course there will be more things to be done.. once again  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!  :love:

The only word that comes to mind is THANKS! It's not nearly enough to express how much we appreciate all that trAV, widow, Hugz, babydoll, and families have done to make 2008 Nationals what it was. We had a wonderful time and are so glad we were there. :love:

To trAV I want to wish you all the best. Enjoy the quality time with your family, but please don't say goodbye for long. We all want to see you, Lynn, and the kids at the next big GTG. Next time though it will be nice to see you enjoying yourself as a participant. :love:

Melissa and Taney

Thank you to Mike and Vic for all the hard work that they have put into making our "Nationals" the best ever.  The events they put on are top notch and most rememberable.  It was truly a pleasure for our family to share in the planning.  I didn't even fuss at John about all the time it took....No seriously...I was good.

I will say...I'm glad to have my husband back and know he is not planning anything big or small....after the week we had I have plenty of things for him to do around the house... >:D.

I love you guys and have enjoyed every moment, though few being able to make friends.  I have many life long friends that have truly say are not friends they are "FAMILY"

LOVE YOU GUYS and it ain't over till the fat lady sings.....I'm not ready to sing just need a little break! :love: :love: :love:

trAVelingman said:
I want to extend a big thank you to everyone in attendance at the 2008 National Chevy Avalanche Meet.  It was no secret that I would be leaving the site upon completion of the Meet.  Thank you for the shirt signed by everyone attending.  I will be having it framed in a shadowbox and display it proudly in my home.

I will be starting one more thread to document the donations made to the Smokey Mountain Children's Home as a result of everyone's generosity.  Great job everyone.  Once that post is made, I will ride off into the sunset as indicated in my avatar and siggy.  I have made alot of friends here and consider most everyone members of my extended family. 

Back in February, trAVelingman's widow became gravely ill to the point that we thought that her passing was imminant.  It opened my eyes to the important things in life and now I must refocus my attentions on my immediate family and their needs.  I was ready to step down as Co-Coordinator in March, but widow insisted that I not do that to Hugz and Baby Doll and to see the Nationals to the closing awards ceremony.  Our mission is now complete. 

I will always cherish the memories that I have made here and thank everyone that opened their arms and hearts to myself and my family. 

So does this mean your done coordinating or done posting and attending also?

1 I don't coordinate...I make the calls my hubby says make
2 I haven't been able to attend many gtg but LOVE them
3 I have my own avalanche
4 I will be in advance in March for sure!!!

I truly do not know what all this means...Its been a long road...like I said I have family in this club....I am a family person....

Missed seeing you Mr. Smith...

I would also like to say thanks to John and Mike fro a bang up job for making this event one I will remember and cherish forever.  Also to your wives for putting up with the 100's of hours spent on this event.  I too enjoyed meeting new people and hanging out with the MTAC group.  It was great to see the Hop family, Quietman and Laura, Scott (wish Diane could have made it) and John  Lynn and kids again.  Great to meet Funk Drum, Sparky and Dave in TN for the 1st time.  I can't wait for the next GTG so I can meet more of you!

John - it still pains me to see your posts about stepping down.  I definitely understand where you're at so I just need to get over it.  I just hope that PF isn't the last I get to see you and your great family. Maybe at least hook-up for a Starbucks  >:D

trAVelingman's widow said:
1 I don't coordinate...I make the calls my hubby says make
2 I haven't been able to attend many gtg but LOVE them
3 I have my own avalanche
4 I will be in advance in March for sure!!!

I truly do not know what all this means...Its been a long road...like I said I have family in this club....I am a family person....

Missed seeing you Mr. Smith...
Missed seeing you too. Have fun and Kiss Trav for me.

trAVelingman said:

Shane trAV......don't go!  Don't go Shane trAV..............

I have a couple of thank yous, First Trav and Hugz you guys did a first rate job on this GTG. Secondly their families for the time they gave towards this special time we all had together. Third is to Didit helping me get my truck ready to come to the Nationals and with doing work on it while there and bringing a tire and wheel home for me. Fourth Lord Aries for bringing the tires & wheels up to me and last but not least all the great people I met over those days that made me feel so welcome and as a friend.  Dave

Back