• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Home from Nationals

Willyorca

PM 2017
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
Well, I got back home about 3 am last night...

Can we say tired?  :rolleyes:

I just want to thank EVERYONE (there's too many to name individually!) for their show of support.  It means more than I can express...  :love:

My AV family is most certainly the bestest of the best!  :B:  I and my brother had a great time and MY truck finally got modded by John B!  A sincere thank you to the wonderful gentlemen who stepped up to get my headlights in-line-they are SO much better now!

And of course I have to add a final thank you to Hugz and trAV-of course!  Without their hard work, none of this would have happened...Thanks guys!!!

:E:

And I wanted to get your signature on my calendar.

We just pull in, it was a good trip.

Was awesome seeing old friends again & meeting new ones.

Hope everyone gets home safe & sound!
:wave:

I made it home about an hour ago. Thanks again to AlaskaAV for the mini-me version of my AV (y)  We had a blast and my wife even thinks I need a bull bar after seeing a few this week. Can't disappoint the little lady, so I guess I have to get one now >:D

good to see ya again, let me know when you guys want to do the OBX trip :cool:

Just got in :p what a drive after a late night >:D enjoyed seeing everyone again and those for the first time.  Memories that will stay with me forever (y)

Good to see everyone checking in...  THe parking lot is empty except for one lonely AV...

Heard from the Trav family they arrived home ok...

Hugz

Checking in from a hotel in Nashville.  We arrived home about 3 hours ago only to find it 97 degrees in our house, all of the corals and fish in our saltwater tank dead, and a dead air conditioning compressor......... :E:

trAVelingman said:
Checking in from a hotel in Nashville.  We arrived home about 3 hours ago only to find it 97 degrees in our house, all of the corals and fish in our saltwater tank dead, and a dead air conditioning compressor......... :E:

:eek: :E: :8: :6:

I had a long night last night (3:45 am...thanks coon hunter) after a late night on Friday (5 am...thanks to many).  Needless to say, I woke up a little late.  When I looked out my hotel room window at 10:30 this morning (thanks for the bed moose), it was very sad.  Only four or five Av's left.  trAV family, earthquake and I caravaned it back to mid-tenn.  Earthquake's truck looks sweet parked, but rolling down the road and especially in the rear view mirror...it's sooooo nice!!

So many nice trucks and nice people...can't wait for the next one.

trAVelingman said:

Hate to hear that! :(  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.  I can supply a little muscle if you need to move things around, but like modding, I have zero knowledge on salt water tanks.

funk_drum said:
I had a long night last night (3:45 am...thanks coon hunter) after a late night on Friday (5 am...thanks to many).  Needless to say, I woke up a little late.  When I looked out my hotel room window at 10:30 this morning (thanks for the bed moose), it was very sad.  Only four or five Av's left.  trAV family, earthquake and I caravaned it back to mid-tenn.  Earthquake's truck looks sweet parked, but rolling down the road and especially in the rear view mirror...it's sooooo nice!!

So many nice trucks and nice people...can't wait for the next one.
Hey.......you even picked up a mod while you were at Nationals!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
(No, it's not the brush bar >:D)

Attachments

• _MG_3695 (Small).JPG
    _MG_3695 (Small).JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 153
Willyorca said:
    MY truck finally got modded by John B!  A sincere thank you to the wonderful gentlemen who stepped up to get my headlights in-line-they are SO much better now!
    Since you were doing a bunch of night driving I'm happy I was able to help you out. I'm glad you were able to get home safely.
    I as well am home safe and sound. Jack and Nellie are crashed out. The first time they have had an opportunity to sleep in their own house in 23 days. Did have 2 little bugs to deal with for the trip home. The first one was that my truck was shrink wrapped. I know it's important to have protection, but come on it was like a huge condom. No doubt someone will have pictures of that.  You got me Hugz. We're even.
    The second bug was a horrendous lightening rain storm in Advance while we were driving through. 5 cars got blown off the road into the center median. Moddess and I had to light up the trucks with strobes and use the horns a couple of time. It was one of those pouring down buckets of rain for a 5 mile stretch and then it was bright and sunny at both ends. We were both very concerned going through it but we made it with cleaner trucks in the end.
    With that said. I am going to take my medicine, and go to bed. Incidentally coming out of the mountains to a lower altitude my hearing cleared up for the most part, and I am a much happier camper now.

JB

JohnBChef said:
    Since you were doing a bunch of night driving I'm happy I was able to help you out. I'm glad you were able to get home safely.
    I as well am home safe and sound. Jack and Nellie are crashed out. The first time they have had an opportunity to sleep in their own house in 23 days. Did have 2 little bugs to deal with for the trip home. The first one was that my truck was shrink wrapped. I know it's important to have protection, but come on it was like a huge condom. No doubt someone will have pictures of that.  You got me Hugz. We're even.
    The second bug was a horrendous lightening rain storm in Advance while we were driving through. 5 cars got blown off the road into the center median. Moddess and I had to light up the trucks with strobes and use the horns a couple of time. It was one of those pouring down buckets of rain for a 5 mile stretch and then it was bright and sunny at both ends. We were both very concerned going through it but we made it with cleaner trucks in the end.
    With that said. I am going to take my medicine, and go to bed. Incidentally coming out of the mountains to a lower altitude my hearing cleared up for the most part, and I am a much happier camper now.

JB

:love: JB and it was an honor modding your AV (it was an easy one) you'll love the desk (y)

JohnBChef said:
I love it already Loggie. Thanks for the mod. I'll see you when you get back!

You bet.  :D

I got home Saturday around 6 pm.  I loved seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks too. 

I also need to say thanks to JohnBChef for the adjustment of my tailgate lock mod.  Has been working perfectly since the adjustment.  Thanks again!

Well since everyone is sharing their drives home... Me, Lukas and Jessica left at 8am and made it to Spartanburg in about 2.5 hours with a food stop, no issues with the truck!!!!  Lukas and Jessica flew at 3:15pm...

I got home around 1 AM, cuz I left just after 9pm Sat night.  Guess I missed the shrink wrapping, but then I also missed that rain.  Sounds nasty, and I'm very glad JB and Moddess got through it okay.

zukracer said:
good to see ya again, let me know when you guys want to do the OBX trip :cool:

Mrs.Shopolot says Thank You for the cruise down the strip last night & I know Brandy enjoyed her trip and says Thank You!  (y) (y)

It was great meeting everyone! It's fun being able to put faces to all these names. Needless to say Jessica and I had an awesome time! and I hope to see you all again sometime soon!

Sirshopolot said:
Mrs.Shopolot says Thank You for the cruise down the strip last night & I know Brandy enjoyed her trip and says Thank You!   (y) (y)

Happy to do it  (y)  Tell them next time I'll actually crack the throttle open a little  >:D 

Hop45 said:
Hey.......you even picked up a mod while you were at Nationals!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
(No, it's not the brush bar >:D)

Yea, thanks to you and...ah...er...the guy who crawled under and did the work!!  Now that I know your wife likes the brush bars, I'm not gonna tell you where I live!!  LOL

Back