• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Can I add a amp/sub to factory 08 stereo?

bandt0913

This stereo and the lack of bass is starting to get to me.. Has anyone added a amp/sub to their OEM stereo with GPS/DVD? I already have what I'd put in there, just don't know if it will work or just burn the stereo up faster?

it can be done.  (y)

bandt0913 said:
care to point me in the right direction? My pc is running super slow and I'm impatient, else I would do a search...   :E:

you wanting to do this yourself or have it installed? 

First question I would have is do you have a set a auxiliary jacks available to use. 

Try www.pac-audio.com for the adapters that you will need.

Loggie said:
you wanting to do this yourself or have it installed? 

First question I would have is do you have a set a auxiliary jacks available to use. 
I may have this one installed.

I have no idea what is behind this h/u. I haven't really thought about adding some boom until recently  :cool:

T is the man to talk to about this, Brian. ...trust me on that one (y) He (I'm sorry, THEY >:D) have a KILLER system.

TheAtheistReverend said:
I would really appreciate a hand in figuring out how to get a sub attached to the factory system.  :help:

Didn't look very hard huh?

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,136118.0.html

I am having that done now actually. I already had the amp and sub so all I really had to buy the a preamp.

Back