• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Summer Time GTG In CO?

Blueruck

OK Folks - we should start to throw out idea for what dates are good for you and where and what you would like to do.

My vote is for a GTG that has an off road portion lead by KC - the last GTG wasn't too bad 4x4ing and we should do something more tough.

Let's get chatting

Hey Mark,

Thanks for starting this thread ?(y). ?July is basically out for me. ?I will probably be available for the majority of August except for the first weekend. ?Besides, in order for AtomTaz to attend a GTG he needs at least a month. ? BTW, does anyone know where he is? ?I know CAFCNA basically lost him to CA but I haven't seen him post much lately over there.

I like Blueruck's suggestion about off-roading. ?Kc and andi would be great leader(s). ?One thing we'll have to be careful about is how much harder this would be than Georgia Pass - otherwise I'll have to hitch a ride with someone like Blueruck ?>:D. ?My dad wants nothing to do with damage especially now that the Av was just damaged yesterday by a dumpster. ?I bet he would be willing to do something with the difficulty of, say, Mosquito Pass which is a level IV I believe.

Some of us Greatlakes region av'rs will be coming down from the black hills probably july 25th thru 29th, would like to join up with other Colorado av'ers during that time, and do some hardcore mountain passes, and camp out up there also.

I am very interested. If we are doing a 1 day event - my only conflicts are the once a month shoots with the CO AR-15 club. The end of July would be fine - especially if we can get the campers from the Black Hills. It would be fun to try to get as many as possible together and try to make a bigger panorama than the East Coast group did (WOW!).

Anyone limited to certain weekends please throw out some dates. July 25-29 is fine with me. I could make Sunday free with no problem - and Saturday pending above.

Hey guys I will keep up with this. I would still like to get up to Colorado, before it gets too cold. I will watch the dates and see what my schedule will hold for me.

Avialanche said:
Some of us Greatlakes region av'rs will be coming down from the black hills probably july 23rd thru 25th or 26th would like to join up with other Colorado av'ers during that time, and do some hardcore mountain passes, and camp out up there also.
Just corrected the the dates, will be traveling to colo july 23rd or 24th and staying at least until 25th or 26th.

Well July 24-28th we are having a cruise to Ohio to visit Texascwgrl in her new home, so those dates are out for me. :(

musiks said:
OHIO OHIO!!!!!!!

Well, I tried but they don't allow dogs :(! I'd be happy to do that but unfortunately it won't work :(.

I am in the same boat as Dave02Z66 for the Colorado GTG. The dates of July 25 and August 4 and everything in between are out for me.

But, if we are going to have this GTG, we need to start planning. First, are there any dates we can all agree on? I think it would be pretty neat to have 2 GTGs for off-roading before the snow hits again. Second, it would be nice to find out who all is even interested in a GTG. Colorado really seems like it has gained a lot of members and it would be nice to get a good turnout.

So if YOU are interested in having a GTG here, please post then we'll figure out dates :).

How about a 4WD gtg between july 23rd and 26th? Some of us from the unationals will be coming down from rapid city south dakota during those dates, haven't finallized the dates yet, waiting for input from others that are intersted in event thread, come on folks lets make plans, the dates metioned above are only ten days away.

I am one of the new members in the area and would like info when you get dates put together. Like almost everyone else, schedules are tight, trips and other fun stuff have been scheduled now that I have a tow vehice that does not break down when pulling my wakeboard boat.

Well, we had a mini GTG with Nople on Saturday up at Torreys and Grays Peaks ;D.

First I saw an Avalanche coming, then I saw it had full-time DRL's, then I saw it was a green Av so I knew it had to have been him and he parked right behind us.

We talked and he and I are interested in a GTG too :).

Here's a pic of the green Av mini GTG :).

Dcp_0775.jpg

Attachments

• Dcp_0775.jpg
    Dcp_0775.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi Jimmy & CO Gang

If we choose an off road route along 285, I will offer up my place to have BBQ after the cruise.

I'm planning on being in CO from around August 22 to September 5 or so. Tentative plan is to camp mostly in central area, between Salida and Leadville, but I also have to visit cousin in C. Springs sometime. If you do a GTG in that time frame, please let me know. In case I don't watch thread, please PM me! Would love to meet some other AV's, particularly for off road. Mostly I try to find dispersed camping areas in the forests where there is no one else around, but I will make exception for AV owners! ;D

Blueruck said:
Hi Jimmy & CO Gang

If we choose an off road route along 285, I will offer up my place to have BBQ after the cruise.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this thread :(. I have been gone for a couple of weeks and I just now got back. If you got the email I sent out a couple weeks ago, you already know about this :).

Yes, Blueruck has a very nice place and I think it would be a lot of fun to have a BBQ there. I would think it would be safe to assume that my parents would offer up our cabin 25 miles west of Blueruck's place on 285 too. I would have to check up on that.

I am still very interested in a GTG. But I need a lot of support which means that we need lots of people to speak out. There have only been a couple of us talking back and forth and we need a lot more :).

We only have a couple months left before snow interferes so we need to start planning!

A GTG in Colorado sounds great to me. It would be my first and a nice way to meet AV owners in CO.

You guys watch out when Blue starts looking funny at them there farm animals. ;D

FSUGUY said:
You guys watch out when Blue starts looking funny at them there farm animals. ;D

My only love is for Billy :)

Jimmy - I am still game though we are having a weak response here - maybe you need to e-mail out a link to this thread - if interest stays the same, I would say we should just shut down the CO chapter.

Blueruck said:
My only love is for Billy :)

Jimmy - I am still game though we are having a weak response here - maybe you need to e-mail out a link to this thread - if interest stays the same, I would say we should just shut down the CO chapter.

Alright, I will send out an email either today or tomorrow. I do not want the chapter to come to the point where it needs to be "shut down" officially but that is the way it already seems to be.

Do you think I should mention shutting it down in the email if there is no response?

When I talked to Nople in person a couple weeks ago, he expressed an interest in going off road again too.

AVid Off-Roader - Could I get the town/city in CO you live in and your email address for the chapter contact list? Thanks.

hey guys,
Let's do this.

I really do not have any trail experience here except for Apex Road north of Black Hawk. This is a nice climb, but not too hard. There is a nice place to shoot at the top of the second hill. I will probably head up there with my dad to shoot on August 23 or 24th. He just retired from GE and has moved back to the states from Korea (to Phoenix) He is coming by on the 20th on his around the country cruise in his F**d and 5th wheel.

I also ordered the 2 Colorado Backroad books and will have a few other ideas when they arrive. I am not getting my lift kit until later this year, so I am not so keen on technical 4-wheeling - don't necessarily want to dent my 4 month old truck.

let's try to firm up some ideas.

Look forward to meeting you all,

Steve

Thanks for replying Castle_Rock_AV. You and Blueruck are the only ones that have replied to my email so far and Impact_AV is interested in a GTG. I was still hoping for more than 2 replies to my email though so far :6: :6:. That's the discouraging part.

MeanGreen,
Got your email. Sorry I hadn't been on in awhile. Been pretty busy with my new job. I have to work this weekend (16-17 Aug), but I'm off 22-24 Aug. I have every other weekend off. Today me and the family took our new Jeep up to Old Fall River Road in the Rocky Mountain National Park, it was a very pretty ride, but pretty boring. On the Colorado trail scale of 1-10, I'd give it a negative 5. It had some sharp switchbacks and it was up hill the whole way, but very smooth dirt and very easy. There was a new VW bug behind me (if that gives you any idea of how easy it was). So we're definately up for anything tougher. But like most AV owners who haven't done too much to their AV, we don't want to get too crazy. I'll check in more often. Thanks.

Back