• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Colorado GTG June 14th

ColoradoAV

SM 2003
Hi all,

We have already stated in our other thread that we are planning on having a GTG in Colorado on June 14th. ?Now we really need ideas. ?Going to Bishop's Castle is one idea. ?If that is too far for YOU then I request that you give us another idea. ?There's a good chance that your idea will be used :).

I still do not have my baseball schedule for the summer yet. ?The gtg, being on a weekend, means there would be a good chance of me having a game ot two. ?You all know where I would rather be but I will already be coming off of a two week vacation and the team could get mad at me :rolleyes:. ?I'll keep you posted. ?If I cannot make it, please do the gtg without me.

So please post your suggestions on this gtg only on this thread and talk about anything else in the other thread.

We'll have a great time. ?I'm very happy to see the chapter active again ?(y).

This post here will be where I put the list of people coming:

Coming
CoAv - we'll keep our fingers crossed
AtomTaz
mrandmrsburton
Dallas

Maybe
Lots of people. ?If you want your name on the list let me know :).

Sadly I won't be able to make it up there for this cruise as I had planned. I found out last Friday that I am scheduled to graduate on June 14th in Dallas. I hope I can make it up there sometime after that and before the Southern Regionals. Maybe 4th of July time frame. ?:6:

I would like the trip to be fun, but I don't want to do major off roading. This is going to be only my second time offroading so lets keep it like medium. that and i want to see how my truck handles. That and i have a little rub and I don't want to get to serious cause I don't know how that is going to effect my off roading.

AtomTaz said:
I would like the trip to be fun, but I don't want to do major off roading. ?This is going to be only my second time offroading so lets keep it like medium. ?that and i want to see how my truck handles. ?That and i have a little rub and I don't want to get to serious cause I don't know how that is going to effect my off roading.

Does staying to a level 2 or 3 trail sound good? The one we went up last year was a level 3 and it was a blast. There were no clearance issues or anything with the Avs that went up. Since I couldn't be driving the Av up a pass, it would be my dad and I know that he isn't very outgoing either so we couldn't do anything very challenging.

I know I don't want any damage to our AV either. I'd say we keep it to a level 2 or 3 trail.

Bringing this thread back to the top. ?We really need to start planning now because I will be gone for 11-13 days from the May 30th to June 11-12 area. ?And we all know that the amount of time between the time I get back and the GTG is way too close.

So, does anybody have any interests as to where we go and what we do there? ?I don't have any real good ideas but if someone else has an idea I'll certainly give you my opinion (y). ?I think we're pretty much settled on the plan to go off-roading it's just a matter of where.

Still wishing I could make this one and join my fellow Dallas Ft Worth member as well as my family AV members in Colorado. I hope to be able to make it up to Colo sometime this summer.

Everyone - please - I need input for this cruise. I will be leaving on Saturday and won't be back until June 11th. Which of course means that if no planning gets done soon, then we will really be rushing to get it done when I get back. Either we can start planning now or while I am gone but please, time is getting low.

I am open for suggestions for where we want to go off-roading, etc. I personally do not have any ideas except that I really enjoyed Georgia Pass. But it probably isn't really a very good thing to repeat :).

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

It's been awhile since I have been to the site so I thought I should checkin. I am 50/50 for 6/14, but will do my level best to finally make a GTG. I don't have any real suggestions, but a moderate offroad cruise sounds good to me.

I just got back from a 2 week vacation to Texas and have to say the AV did a GREAT job on the trip (Even referred another AVer to the site). I did notice that Austin does not have as many AVs as Denver. If everyone in Denver got together, I am sure we would have one of the largest groups.

Hope everyone had a GREAT May and hope to see you on 6/14!!

hi everyone

i'm also still up in the air about coming. it turns out that one of friends is planning to come out from wisc that weekend. i talked to her and she said it sounded fun but wasnt totally sure. i might be playing this one by ear. i'll be sure to let you guys know as i know things. do we have any idea on where we are going.

OK, we are heading out on our trip tomorrow morning. We haven't gotten very much planning done. So our choices now are: postpone the cruise to a different date or make plans while I am gone. It seems like a lot of people are not able to make it. So please talk about this while I am gone and I'll talk to you all on June 11th.

Hey Everybody. I guess I'm another one of those who isn't too sure if we can make it or not. I told CoAv that we might be able to be there. We are in the middle of a transfer and will be in the Denver area for about a week around the GTG time. I'll let everybody know.

I'm actualy not come up with question marks that I might not be there. The company I work for was just sold I think. I have not gotten anynotice that we where sold. But we are supposed to move every thing that weekend and I'm supposed to help. So I'm not sure. I'm sorry guys this just came up. I'm not very happy about it either.

well i have to say i'm still a maybe and i most likely wont know until friday night if i'm coming or not. it may depend on where we are going. we have a friend in town from wisc and we are kind going to leave the choice up to her.

does anyone have an idea of where we are going.

Hi all,

I just got back from my trip. ?It was great!

I am not postponing this yet but seeing there was only 2 replies while I was gone, we should probably hold it off. ?I really have no idea who all is coming and it looks like it would be a very low turnout anyway. ?Also, there has been no real planning.

Should we wait until later?

Please let me know.

If you do make it another date, I might just be able to make it. I need to get out of this place soon. I need to see some mountains and pine trees. >:D :cool:

No preferrence as to a specific date - but would rather re-schedule to another weekend. Father's day weekend is going to be pretty booked. I am shooting with the Colorado AR-15 Club next Saturday.

I would like to attend an event as well, and would like to do some minor off-roading within 2 or so hours of Danver (Castle Rock).

My 2 cents.
Steve

Dave02Z66 said:
If you do make it another date, I might just ?be able to make it. I need to get out of this place soon. I need to see some mountains and pine trees. ?>:D :cool:

Here Dave - maybe this will help - I work from home and this is the view from my balcony.

Attachments

• deck_view.jpg
    deck_view.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 3
I think it will be another day then. Im up here now and im going to be in denver tomarrow (fri.) and aspen on sat. back to denver and then back to the cabin. so, ill keep checkin' in.
zach

CoAv,
To be quite honest, I'm glad that you postponed the gtg. I'm down in Phoenix getting the rest of my stuff so that I can move into my place in Aurora on tuesday. Let us know whats going on and we'll do our best to make it.

Back