• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

COLORADO CHAPTER Part II

wow a clean start ;D

thanks much i think we needed this. i've been back in wisc from a long weekend and nice break from work. did i miss anything.

on a different note ....... dont anyone know of any good camping spots west of castle rock in the pike national forest

Nople said:
on a different note ....... dont anyone know of any good camping spots west of castle rock in the pike national forest

I will soon have a good camping spot - my new place looks out across Pike National Forest - I can throw on a back pack - hike down a hill cross the south Platte and be in the forest :)

you suck

we are thinking of heading up into the pike for a little get-a-way over night camping trip. i have been down rampart range rd but i was hoping for something a little farther back.

Nople-

Would you consider the Kenosha Pass campground? ?I am almost positive that is in the Pike nat'l forest. ?It also seemed like there were some along the eastern side of Georgia Pass. ?Let us know what you decide - if you head up near our cabin (which is where these places are), it would be fun just to meet and say hello :). Also, you asked what you missed while you were gone and it was probably this June 14th cruise thread . I think a lot of people have missed it.

Yea, I think Blueruck is rubbing it in >:D. ?So where exactly is it? ?Which exit off of 285 is it and how far off? ?I'm just trying to get a feel for where your place is ?;).

And thanks Dave for starting the new thread. ?I was meaning to do that but I kept wanting to live in the glory of the largest thread I ever started ?;D.

CoAvZ71 said:

From 285 you would go West on Park County road 72 - it is back about 5 minutes or so off of 285 - I think this is the last intersection with a light before you get to Crow Hill and drop into Bailey.

Blueruck said:
From 285 you would go West on Park County road 72 - it is back about 5 minutes or so off of 285 - I think this is the last intersection with a light before you get to Crow Hill and drop into Bailey.

OK, I know where you're talking about. There is a Conoco and a fire station on the right side of 285 where you turn off.

It's pretty cool the way you have a brand new Subway just a couple miles away then right off of 285 (y).

Congrats, that's a nice area up there and sometime I'd like to see it (y)

I'm Jealos of you too Mark. I like it up there. It is a very nice place to live. I hope you have fun. If you meet to people that are a little weird it might be my aunt and uncle.

well i think i found a location to try our hand at camping. i have found 3-5 camp grounds around the deckers/pine/buffalo creek area. when i called the forest service they said it might hard to find a site going up on sat but one of our friends that lives half way to deckers said its never as busy as they say it is. we are going to hoping for the best and if we dont find a site then we can call it a nice drive in the mountains.

Greetings Guys,
I was lost for a while. I tried to change my e-mail address for my "shilly" name, and was never sent a password. In light of the 10 e-mails I sent trying to get it straightened out, I just created another screenname. So, now, I am Castle_Rock_AV
I have been trying to become a Supporting Member, but the links on the home page are dead. I have sent 2 e-mails - but to my knowledge the links are still broken.

So is everyone going camping for the June GTG?

Castle_Rock_AV said:
So is everyone going camping for the June GTG?

I don't really think we are. I think we are just going to go for a drive in the mountains off roading .

I just thought about something. I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. We talked about getting together like once a month. and we talked about the first friday of every month. Does every one still want to do that. If we do it is going to be June 6th. I'm game for it. I'm willing to hear any ideas you have. Nople said that they want to have at someones house and everyone would bring goodies. That is cool with me and I'll volunteer my house if anyone is interested. Or, we can just meet at a resturant again like wee did last time. Please let me know what you think. If we do this I know we can get a bigger GTG then the last time. Maybe we can talk about the cruise the Following weekend too.

Thanks,
Adam

i hope everyone had a good weekend. mine was really good. we found a campsite in the kelsey campground north of deckers. the weather was good but it rained on sat night. it was really nice to be able to camp and have a campfire. i know the campfire thing wont last all summer but at least its nice for now.

i was thinking of doing a little 4x4ing next weekend when my dad is out there ... kind of show him the really co not the co that is all pavement. does anyone have any suggestions. i know the peaks are still snow capped so i dont know how high i could go but i would still like to take him out some where. does anyone know how the area around the moffat train tunnel or rollins pass would be. i have only hiked up there so i have no idea how the driving is ....... thoughts anyone?

Back