• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Shout out Washington

Z66Modder

Regional Coord.
SM 2024
SM 2023
SM 2022
SM 2021
SM 2020
SM 2019
SM 2018
SM 2017
SM 2016
SM 2012
SM 2011
Hey its been dead since KFalls, What's everybody doing these days?

I've been putting in my new tail lights and 4-n- 1 mod, what about you?

Attachments

• Euro Lights 2.jpg
    Euro Lights 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 171
I'll have to see if I can get my wife to send me some pictures that I took while I was on Vacation.  I removed the Bling Bling 20's and went with some Black NasCar 17" I prefer them while I'm towing the boat if they get salt on em it's ok...  although no one likes them.... :E: .  ( been spending more time with the new car and I think the Avy is looking aweful lonely these days...)  :cry:

d

you may wanna keep an eye on those tails mine melted so i dunno how to prevent that, so just a heads up i ended up puttin the stocks back on i wanna get the new full led tails you can find on ebay

Bed Slide arrives Wednesday.  That, midgate platform for the dogs and the bedlight switch will soon be there after.  Than your house so we can mod my bedslide...

herbie_32 said:
you may wanna keep an eye on those tails mine melted so i dunno how to prevent that, so just a heads up i ended up puttin the stocks back on i wanna get the new full led tails you can find on ebay

Did you run stock bulbs in your Euros?  I've seen a couple posts where they used high output bulbs & melted.

I inspect them daily to see if there is any sign, so far so good. (knocking on wood)

Matt, will you have your bedslide in Wed.?

ya they were the stock bulbs, but i think they got dust on em somehow and thats why they got so hot, cause i noticed they were a bit discolored, i figure if you change out the check them every other month or so youll be fine

Z66Modder said:
Matt, will you have your bedslide in Wed.?
depends on when it gets here and if I can find time to do it.  I want to show it off on Thursday, but don't want to rush it and f it up.  I have heard its super easy, but we will see.

heine12oz said:
depends on when it gets here and if I can find time to do it.  I want to show it off on Thursday, but don't want to rush it and f it up.  I have heard its super easy, but we will see.

Yeah, it's super easy.  He has color coded the ends with little stickers so you just match them up.  Watch the bolts - there are slightly different sizes and they do have to go in specific holes.  BTW, you CAN build the upper and lower sections separate and then load them in the truck seperately.  :E:

One thing I did when drilling the bolt holes thru the plywood - make them a little small.  Put the bolts in and THEN cover the plywood with the carpet - bolt's don't show!  Maybe even counter sink them a little (I didn't).  Get Lowes/Home Depot to cut the plywood - it's free for the 1st cut and they've got a saw that makes a nice straight line.  (I used a laser guided circular saw for mine!)

When you unwrap them and if the paper sticks to the paint, just wipe it down with a wet paper towel - most of the paper came off then.

Very nice run down Chris, I'm sure Matt is busy putting Bolt A in Hole B as we write.  :p

Z66Modder said:
Very nice run down Chris, I'm sure Matt is busy putting Bolt A in Hole B as we write.  :p

YOU HAVE NO IDEA! 

He's TM'd me at least a half-dozen times!  Spoke on the phone twice!  And thta's just this evening!  My wife is starting to think I'm seeing someone as I say  "Lay it down and put it in the hole"!

In his defense, the bolts are a little screwy.  They are very close in size and have to go in specific places - if you get one wrong the whole thing is FUBAR'd.

chAVey said:
He's TM'd me at least a half-dozen times!  Spoke on the phone twice!  And thta's just this evening!  My wife is starting to think I'm seeing someone as I say  "Lay it down and put it in the hole"!

That's too Funny!  :laugh:  :laugh:

I ride the shory bus, what can I say.  :drive:

I truly appreciate the help Chris.  I had a mental block and just couldnt see where to start.  I got it in, now I have to fine tune it.  Good install.  Carpet was a bugger, but got it figure out.  Post pics tomorrow after I adjust it.

I'll be inspecting it today, so get it right.  :B:

Might do the wig wag front signal mod at lunch today, if it doesn't rain.  :beating:

Done!  >:D

Did this too!

Attachments

• spots on 2.jpg
    spots on 2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 243
I FINALLY did the FTDRL's on mine last night (damn that was expensive  :kidding:)

I also painted the stock grill gloss back - look much better - no more dingy dull gray. 

Thats about it for now on the AV

I did a lot of mods on the trailer recently - Does that count???

Attachments

• ed.JPG
    ed.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 152
Sweet Looking 35thAv!

I like your trailer too - I've been looking for an old trailer myself to fix up - thinking about finding an old Airstream or something.  (But money's been a bit tight lately.)

35th-
love to see and hear more about your trailer and what you did to it.  I have one that I'm getting ready to mess around with and thought about doing the same style paint.  is that a camper trailer or a enclosed hauler?  Did you have to do anything to reenforce the suspension, etc?  Let me know.

heine12oz said:
35th-
love to see and hear more about your trailer and what you did to it.  I have one that I'm getting ready to mess around with and thought about doing the same style paint.  is that a camper trailer or a enclosed hauler?  Did you have to do anything to reenforce the suspension, etc?  Let me know.

Here is a bit more info on the trailer in another post:  http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=8690.new;topicseen#new

It's sort of both a camper trailer and a enclosed hauler - its a small camper with a double door on the back and a ramp. The outer door opens up to 48" wide and the table moves aside so it has a 12' x 4' open floor area for hauling. It also has tie down hooks on the floor. it will haul an atv or a motorcycle with no problems.

I haven't redone the suspension (yet) but I pan on adding shocks and replacing the springs - mostly since it's all original and worn.

here is my little project.  I'm planning on working on next week.  I would love to pick your brain and see how you did the paint, carpet, wheels, etc.  I need to look a the tongue and crank, both need to be replaced

Attachments

• camper.JPG
    camper.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 147
heine12oz said:
here is my little project.  I'm planning on working on next week.  I would love to pick your brain and see how you did the paint, carpet, wheels, etc.  I need to look a the tongue and crank, both need to be replaced

hope your 'project' doesn't deteriorate before you get to it  :laugh:  :kidding:

RoarinRow said:
hope your 'project' doesn't deteriorate before you get to it   :laugh:   :kidding:

Ouch! - that was rough! :notme:

heine12oz,

Here is a great forums site where I got a ton of info and ideas and questions answered on my project:

For example replacing rotted wood and insualtion :E:
Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/   

Also you can see my photo album there of some of the work I did on mine.
http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_personal.php?user_id=6751

Attachments

• trailerfun.jpg
    trailerfun.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 144
RoarinRow said:
hope your 'project' doesn't deteriorate before you get to it   :laugh:   :kidding:

I know, that is my whole thought.  It was free, but i'm trying to decide how much to put into it.  I'm already about $600 jsut to get it road worthy.  Its a 68.  Decent shape inside, so that is good, outside it rough.  Gotta start somewhere.

Matt

heine12oz said:
I know, that is my whole thought.  It was free, but i'm trying to decide how much to put into it.  I'm already about $600 jsut to get it road worthy.  Its a 68.  Decent shape inside, so that is good, outside it rough.  Gotta start somewhere.

Matt

just playin with ya.  Free is great!  if you got skills, then go for it.  Wish I had a fun project like that.  It has potential.  My worker fixed up a 5th wheeler and now is living in it  :eek:

35thAV said:
I FINALLY did the FTDRL's on mine last night (damn that was expensive  :kidding:)

I also painted the stock grill gloss back - look much better - no more dingy dull gray. 

Thats about it for now on the AV

I did a lot of mods on the trailer recently - Does that count???

You don't get off that easy, where's the front grill shot?

Z66Modder said:
You don't get off that easy, where's the front grill shot?

Here is a front shot, I'll have to get a better on of just the grill for you guys - it made a big difference for those who will notice IMO
I did it without removing the grill using lots of masking tape and Krylon Fusion paint - even up close it looks like a metal grill.

Attachments

• AVfront2.jpg
    AVfront2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 133
35thAV said:
Here is a front shot, I'll have to get a better on of just the grill for you guys - it made a big difference for those who will notice IMO
I did it without removing the grill using lots of masking tape and Krylon Fusion paint - even up close it looks like a metal grill.

that looks cool.  you need to paint the chrome power bar up front black, that would look sweet with your bowtie.

btw, how did you paint your trailer and how much of the skin did you have to replace, repair, take off before paint?

Back