• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Knight Rider GTG @ Forney Museum - Denver, CO - 9/13/08

avalanchuck

SM 2007
Ok folks here's the info on the next Colorado Av Club GTG!

Who: Colorado Av Club

What: Knight Rider GTG at the Forney Museum of Transportation

Where: Forney Museum of Transportation

When: Saturday September 13, 2008 from 10 am to 3 pm

How much: Admission Rates:
                    Adults..................$7
                    Seniors ...............$6
                    Youth(11-15)....$4.50 
                    Children(5-10)......$3.50 
                    Children under 5........Free

If I can get a good head count of who's planning to join us for this GTG I'll see if we can qualify for a group discount.  I hope you can join us! 

:cool:

This looks like an awesome GTG....I love K.I.T.T.  I just got to watch a classic late night on the rerun network (in HD too).
I wish i could be there!

Yeah I've been to this museum a many times back when I was a kid and they had it downtown in an old warehouse.  They moved to a new location several years ago and I've wanted to go check it out.  I thought hey it might be a good place for a gtg and when I checked it out and saw the KR Event on the main page that just sealed the deal!

Oh man, a 'Hoff look-a-like contest, I so wish I could be there :)

DougD said:
Oh man, a 'Hoff look-a-like contest, I so wish I could be there :)
I know, right...you would be a dead ringer to win that!

Chad did you get the email on this gtg?  I got a kick back and I think it was you... but I'm not sure.  ???

I am going to have to wait and see.  Things were going good with my knee and now I am having a small set back so we shall see what happens.
Tina

I think we might be able to make this one.  The summer is finally winding down and I have a little spare time.  :D

man I wish i can go this a great time right before the new show returns one favor lots of pics pllease :B:

avalanchuck said:
Chad did you get the email on this gtg?  I got a kick back and I think it was you... but I'm not sure.   ???

Yea I got mail...not sure why it bounced.

Chadstr

Colorado_Avalanche said:
I think we might be able to make this one.  The summer is finally winding down and I have a little spare time.  :D

I hope you can make it Darren!  (y)

Ok lets start a list...

Chad +3
Ken +1
Darren (+3 I assume?)
Tom

Oh and I'll cross reference it with Colorado Av Club too...

http://www.coloradoavclub.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=236&PID=1493#1493

Who's next?

Ok folks 5 days until the Knight Rider GTG...

Here's a map to the Forney Museum.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=forney+museum,+denver,+co&ie=UTF8&ll=39.777812,-104.97075&spn=0.009449,0.018647&t=h&z=16

Who's next?

Its looking like a pretty good sized group, cool. Its going to take me a bit to get the truck looking all slicked up after camping. Who else is coming? Weather looks like its going to be nice.

avalanchuck said:
Ok folks here's the info on the next Colorado Av Club GTG!

Who: Colorado Av Club

What: Knight Rider GTG at the Forney Museum of Transportation

Where: Forney Museum of Transportation

When: Saturday September 13, 2008 from 10 am to 3 pm

How much: Admission Rates:
                    Adults..................$7
                    Seniors ...............$6
                    Youth(11-15)....$4.50 
                    Children(5-10)......$3.50 
                    Children under 5........Free

If I can get a good head count of who's planning to join us for this GTG I'll see if we can qualify for a group discount.  I hope you can join us! 

:cool:

Ok folks here's the plan for tomorrow...

Everyone plan to meet up @ 9:45 in the parking lot just off I-70 and east of the Denver Coliseum for a little meet & greet.  Its in the triangle shaped area formed by I-70 on the north, Brighton Blvd on the southeast and 44th St on the southwest.  The museum is just around the corner from here.

At about 10 am head over to the museum, get tickets and browse the exhibits.

Depending on the timing of events and patience threshold of those with kids plan to go get lunch at the nearby McDonald's or Burger King and then head back to museum or call it a day.

I'm sorry I'll be missing out on this gtg so take lots of pictures so I can see what I missed out on!  :needhug:

The GTG was a success, and I believe enjoyed by all. It was a pleasure to meet you Robert and your family and to see Darren and the kids again. Here are the pics. (hope this works) Before you click, I had a camera and my wife had one, so there are a few duplicates, but some of you asked for lots of pics so here you are.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/chadstr/Forney%20Museum/

Chadstr

Back