• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Colorado Meeting In Jan Or Feb?

A

AvalancheJones02

I would like to take over and i have some idea to cruise around in Colorado. Tell me what you like to do like go ski, hiking, fishing, touring. Everything I can try to provide.

Avalanchejones02 :)

I would be interested in a cruise but Blueruck is already our designated coordinator.

Please work with him on it - there was already the potential for a cruise during this time:).

For location, I am in Lakewood.

I haven't been on the board much lately - have some things to take care of.

I would not be opposed to someone else setting up a cruise in Jan or Feb. Right now I don't have the time to coordinate one, and might be able to attend.

I know the weekend of Jan 18th is out for me.

I'd be interested in taking part once I've completed my move back to Colorado (early in January, I hope). I haven't been on an AV cruise yet.
astrosmiley.gif

Anyone can consider who want to take over, me or someone else. I understand that Blueruck can't be there always but nice to have backup. I or someone can work with him. How it sounds that way? I think it is good to have backup like to have 3 coordinators. Either me or Blueruck can't make it on cruise. I think it is two better than one. Agree???

AvalancheJones02 ;)

I don't think there's any problem with several individuals interested in coordinating cruises. Different folks have different ideas, live in different parts of the state, and indeed - not everyone will make every cruise, and as you said AJ02 . . a backup is a good idea. With e-mail and IM, it's easy to work together and share ideas.

Personally, I'll likely not have much time for the coordinating of cruise events, but will sure try to be there if it works out . . . Saturday's being the best for me.

CRUISE ON - Colorado Av'ers!

Being as young as I am, I certainly can't be a coordinator but I do like having backups. One thing I can do is make suggestions like when we went to our cabin on the Sept. cruise and I basically designed the route for the Erie, PA GTG Dec. 28 and then get ShapeShifter's approval and verification from his GPS.

If I am familiar with an area, I will do my best to help.

BTW - when we have our next cruise, it should probably be in honor of Goo :).

Hello ????

Even if we can't have a cruise anytime soon, at least we should communicate somewhat like the NE Ohio chapter, even if it has nothing to do with cruises.

I miss talking to my fellow Colorado Avers :cry: :)!

I have no problem with back ups. But please don't look to me to be a main person on this stuff. I'll throw out ideas and try to make it to the cruises. I kind of work weekends, it sucks, but I have to make money right. Or i can't own my great Avalanche. For me to make the cruises you have to give me a 30 day notice so i can ask for the time off. If we play anything last minute you have to count me out. Just so you guys know I didn't even know we where talking about another cruise. Someone might want to contact all of the Colorado memebers and just let them know about this Forum, so we have everyones input.

Adam

AtomTaz said:
I have no problem with back ups. ?But please don't look to me to be a main person on this stuff. ?I'll throw out ideas and try to make it to the cruises. ?I kind of work weekends, it sucks, but I have to make money right. ?Or i can't own my great Avalanche. ?For me to make the cruises you have to give me a 30 day notice so i can ask for the time off. ?If we play anything last minute you have to count me out. ?Just so you guys know I didn't even know we where talking about another cruise. ?Someone might want to contact all of the Colorado memebers and just let them know about this Forum, so we have everyones input.

Adam

Hey AtomTaz-

Would it help you to hit the "Notify of Replies" button so you can get updates on your email inbox? When it comes to cruises, I use it.

On our first and only cruise, Blueruck gave us 31 days of notice.

CoAvZ71 said:
Hey AtomTaz-

Would it help you to hit the "Notify of Replies" button so you can get updates on your email inbox? ?When it comes to cruises, I use it.

On our first and only cruise, Blueruck gave us 31 days of notice.

I was not refuring to the replies from these posts. This is a new forum and I'm sorry there are lots of forums to go thought I just came across this today. I have the reply set up on the old forum for the last cruise we where planning. I was just saying that someone might want to nitify other members letting them know that we have started talking under this new forum instead of the old. That is all I was saying. The last time we talked about a cruise there was not a date set. We had a choice of three weekends and we didn't pick one until like 15 days before the cruise, I think. All I'm saying is I need a date picked out 30 days before the cruise. I'm sure I'm not the only one tha has to work weekends too. I think this well help other people to to get time off or set time a side so we can have more people attend the cruises. When Blueruck started talking on the last forum he sent out a e-mail letting people know. This is just a idea I have. Who ever is in charge of the Colorado cruises is the one I think that should do this. This is just a idea so we have everyone in Colorado on the same page. I'm sorry if I came across in this post a little rude, i didn't mean to.

Am I to assume that if we have another cruise, it will be during the summer or whenever the ski season is over? It seems like our chapter has fallen asleep (yes, I still feel it's still very much alive ;)) because of ski season.

I hope to see some life and conversation come back to our wonderful chapter (y)...

CoAvZ71 said:
Am I to assume that if we have another cruise, it will be during the summer or whenever the ski season is over? ?It seems like our chapter has fallen asleep (yes, I still feel it's still very much alive ?;)) because of ski season.

I hope to see some life and conversation come back to our wonderful chapter ?(y)...

If we get things together we can still have a cruise before ski season is over. I dont' trust weather men/women, but they say we are supposed to get a lot of snow this month. Atleast the month so far has started off good.

Adam

CoAvZ71 said:
Am I to assume that if we have another cruise, it will be during the summer or whenever the ski season is over? ?It seems like our chapter has fallen asleep (yes, I still feel it's still very much alive ?;)) because of ski season.

I hope to see some life and conversation come back to our wonderful chapter ?(y)...
Be careful not to let the cruises or lines of communication to fail for too long. Once the cruises become routine and members attend on a regular basis they will get easier to plan. The local members should at least keep in contact thru these threads and maybe Blueruck (when available ) can send out a Chapter wide email once a month posting the suggestions for GTG's and cruises, just to keep everyone in the loop. Just my $.02

CoAvZ71 said:

I need to apologize for not being much of a coordinator lately - my job has changed and I have been spending most of my time away from CO on the East coast. I have been busy enough that I rarely have time to even get on the site and see what is going on.

Until work slows down, it is going to be very hard for me to do much with the CO chapter. Does someone else want to step up and organize a cruise?

No problem Blueruck ;). I completely understand.

That skiing comment was NOT directed at you. It was just a question out of pure curiosity and it was NOT under any sacrcasm whatsoever toward anyone in the chapter.

I am not a frequent skier but I realize that skiing is what a lot of you like to do with your weekends. That is where the question came from :).

Anyway, Dave02Z66 - I would strongly recommend that this chapter take advantage of your advice because it is good and you obviously come from a chapter with a lot of experience. In the past, Blueruck has sent out updates to all members of the chapter.

I know it gets tedious at times to keep a chapter active, but once the chapter has a few meets and cruises everyone gets in the mood and wonders when the next one will be. As long as some fun activeties are planned or even a guest speaker so to speak where everyone in attendance can get something out of the gathering.
I may be able to join you all on one or so of your gatherings one of these months. I used to end up in Crested Butte during the summer and havent done that in several years. I think its time to go back this year. (y)

Dave02Z66 said:
I may be able to join you all on one or so of your gatherings one of these months. I used to end up in Crested Butte during the summer and havent done that in several years. I think its time to go back this year. (y)

That would be great (y). We had a cruise that was supposed to go down that way postponed. Maybe that's when we can have that cruise when you're here.

Blueruck I was not pointing the figure at you either. I'm sorry if you felt it that way. I was just saying that everyone is talking cruise and no is throughing out ideas. I'm game for anything. I know how work stuff goes, I feel your pain cause I work nights during the week and all day on weekends. So who is going to step in as the back up organizer? I would love to do it, but can't along with a full time job, I go to College, so as you can see I'm busy as it is. I actualy have to leave you now cause I have to study for a test tomorrow.

ttyl,
Adam

Hi Guys - I didn't take any of the comments personal - I have had several changes in my life over the past couple of months and wanted to let everyone know where I am at and my abilty to organize a cruise.

See this is what I was talking about - we now have 3, 4 members at least talking. ?I am pleased with that ?(y).

I really don't think, as much as I would like to do it, that I can be a coordinator. ?I'm just too young and I don't even drive yet. ?What I can most certainly do is help out with routes and other little things (like with the 9/29/01 cruise and especially with the Erie PA GTG 12/28 ).

CoAvZ71 said:
See this is what I was talking about - we now have 3, 4 members at least talking. ?I am pleased with that ?(y).

I really don't think, as much as I would like to do it, that I can be a coordinator. ?I'm just too young and I don't even drive yet. ?What I can most certainly do is help out with routes and other little things (like with the 9/29/01 cruise and especially with the Erie PA GTG 12/28 ).

thats cool are there any good routes that you have in mind that you thought would be fun. Back in December they where talking about going to Bishops Castle and that was out by Cannon City I thought. There is another kind of trip I would like to see us do is maybe on that takes the whole weekend instead of keep doing the short one day cruises. Tell me what you guys think.

AtomTaz said:
There is another kind of trip I would like to see us do is maybe on that takes the whole weekend instead of keep doing the short one day cruises. ?Tell me what you guys think.

I would love nothing more than to have a weekend Av cruise BUT it's risky for many including myself. From here 'till late May, I will have baseball and I am not sure how that will affect the weekend. Being a HS freshman, I had better make a good impression by showing up so that I can keep playing later in HS.

I am thinking if we ever make up for the Bishop's Castle cruise, we should do it if/when Dave02Z66 visits.

CoAvZ71 said:
I would love nothing more than to have a weekend Av cruise BUT it's risky for many including myself. ?From here 'till late May, I will have baseball and I am not sure how that will affect the weekend. ?Being a HS freshman, I had better make a good impression by showing up so that I can keep playing later in HS.

I am thinking if we ever make up for the Bishop's Castle cruise, we should do it if/when Dave02Z66 visits.
Man one little word and my ears perk up! :) (y)

CoAvZ71 said:
I would love nothing more than to have a weekend Av cruise BUT it's risky for many including myself. ?From here 'till late May, I will have baseball and I am not sure how that will affect the weekend. ?Being a HS freshman, I had better make a good impression by showing up so that I can keep playing later in HS.

Hey thats cool I was just throwing out the Idea. I was not saying that we have to do it right away. A weekend cruise is going to take more time to plan, that is why I brought up the idea. Congrats on baseball!!! I played football in high school, so I know how that stuff is. It is very important to show up for every pratice and game. I completely understand.

Back