• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CO Cruise In Nov Or Dec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueruck

Well it is time to get the growing AV family in Colorado together again.
?
I would like to get everyone together one more time before the end of the year. ?Thus I am throwing out getting together in Nov or Dec and looking for everyone's input as to when is the best time for the majority.
?
With the holiday season coming I know it will be a little tight
?
I am looking for everyone to give a weekend or weekends that will work for them and if Sat or Sun is better.
?
Given the amount of snow in the mtns, I suspect we won't be having a 4x4 portion on this cruise.
?
I am planning to have the meeting location at Mike Shaw in Denver on Colorado - it is couple of miles off of I25. ?This dealership wants to be the CAFCNA CO club sponsor and will give us space for meets and other benefits that I will ask them to explain at our met.
?
Is anyone interested in helping out with cruise prizes?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I know we're up for another cruise ?(y)!

Sundays now look doubtful for us. ?My dad now has an interim job as an organist at a church. ?His first day was supposed to be the day of first cruise but he just said that he'll have to start a week late (because of the cruise ?;D). ?Saturdays almost always work best for us. ?I can't give you an exact date right now. ?As long as we can pick a Saturday well in advance, that will very likely work. Nov. 30th MIGHT not work though. We'll have to see.

If we meet at Mike Shaw, are we planning on cruising down here or going up to the mountains but not off-roading?

Sounds like we have something good in the making again ?:).

?

Hey guys,

I really look forward to a cruise. (y)

I suggest a trip for a BBQ or brewery or whatever is clever.
Sorry to say this, I had a very bad experience with :8:Mike Shaw :8: on colorado, which was never resolved properly. This includes the president of the dealership who was both unhelpful and extremely rude :7:. Basically if you dont buy a truck from my dealership dont waste my time.

I would much rather choose any other place/dealership to meet. If we wanted to go off roading i know alot of great places off of empire. ?Maybe we could cruise up pikes peak. I'm even down to do a ski trip later. Whatever we do I'm more than glad to donate money to a cruise.

Just for locations sake im on 13th and Grant, in Downtown Denver.

Let me know how I can help.

-Rob

Hello,

When I signed up for this fan club I was not working weekends, but now I am. It really sucks. I really want to go and I hoping everyone can help me out so I can go. I'm actualy take some time off in December for finals in college. The weekend I'm taking off is December 14th, that is a Saturday. I also have the 15th off, but I want everyone to be able to make it. I'm trying to talk my dad into join this club too, cause he just bought a 2003 Av. If you have any ideas to get my father to join us let me know, cause I'm working hard on getting him to join. I'm down with anything you plan, just so you know.

Adam aka AtomTaz

NYCBlueZ71 said:
Sorry to say this, I had a very bad experience with :8:Mike Shaw :8: on colorado, which was never resolved properly. This includes the president of the dealership who was both unhelpful and extremely rude :7:. Basically if you dont buy a truck from my dealership dont waste my time.
-Rob

Rob - can you share the details of the problem is with Mike Shaw? I found them to be the only dealer that wanted to work with the CO club.

The larger dealers in the metro area were like what ever - call me in a month.

:rolleyes:Thinking maybe we could take a trip to Royal Gorge for a Rally in Nov or Dec. I know most folks have been there from Colorado Springs any way. Thats just a suggestion from me i am open to others as will.

I would recommend John Elway Chevy. That is where I bought my Av and so did my father. I have a good relationship with a lady named Jackie over there. Do you want me to go talk to them?

Mark,
A cruise sounds like fun.. :D I got commitments on Dec. 14, and I'd keep this away from the holidays. Just to have something to throw darts at, how 'bout Nov. 23? I don't have a preference for location, 'cept the further north, the better for me,since I live in Longmont (y)
How 'bout going to Blackhawk/central city for a little fun, food, then cruise the peak-to-peak through Nederland, down through Boulder canyon?
I used to do a little ghost town exploring near Rollinsville years ago... Maybe hit Caribou near Nederland.. That might be fun too

If Mike Shaw is the only dealership (that we know of) that is generous enough to sponsor our local club, I personally think that we should respect that and stick with them.

If my opinion isn't popular, I'll throw in another suggestion. Would Luby Chevrolet work for anyone? They are RIGHT in my neighborhood. No, I'm not lying ;D. They seem to be quite generous with donations. They gave my baseball team $300 and they were writing out about 10 other checks worth about the same. I assume that these were for all for sports teams but since this is CAFCNA we're talking about, Luby might work.

I think we're pretty flexible on what we do and what routes we take on the cruise :).

1avalanche7 said:
:rolleyes:Thinking ?maybe we could take a trip to Royal Gorge for a Rally in Nov or Dec. I know most folks have been there from Colorado Springs any way. Thats just a suggestion from me i am open to others as will.

hey my dad grew up with this guy named bishop who owns bishops castle near the royal gorge (15-20 miles away) and it is awsome the guy built it buy himself by hand its huge, has a fire breathing dragon and is over 150 - 200 feet high at one point it is free it only runs on donations and has a gift shop it is awsome ill try and get a picture of it also u can go in the tower and go wherever u want even at the highest point ( i did and i was afraid!!!

please give me feedback

co_bigblock said:
?

hey ?my dad grew up with this guy named bishop who owns bishops castle near the royal gorge (15-20 miles away) ?and it is awsome ? the guy built it buy himself by hand ? ? its huge, has a fire breathing dragon and is over 150 - 200 ?feet high at one point ? ? ? it is free it only runs on donations and has a gift shop ? it is awsome ? ?ill try and get a picture of it ? ? ?also u can go in the tower and go wherever u want even at the highest point ( i did and i was afraid!!!

please give me feedback

Yep, sounds like fun to me (y). co_bigblock told me about it and that it was quite a scary climb up to the top :eek:. If we're planning on heading south for the cruise and including places like the Royal Gorge, we should consider Bishop's Castle. Otherwise, if we don't go that way, we could always consider it for another cruise.

Set the cruise on a Saturday, and we'll do our best to be a part of it . . . things can however get busy as the holidays approach.

I've never been to Bishop's Castle , looks fascinating . . but it is waaaay down south from our perspective in Greeley!

wrchism:
The bishop castle website is awesome! I had no idea.
That would be a really cool place to see, but I'm with you.. That trip would make for a long day. Might be good for a weekender.

Bishop Castle looks really cool :cool:. I think that would be a great place to go. You have my vote. Then again I'm pretty much up for anything.

from where i live (in lakewood) it is about a 2 hour drive with a few stops for gas and things. but i do understand where you are coming from since you live about an hour away from here but my dad knows jim bishop so if ypu have any questions just ask

co_bigblock:
Thanks for the road time estimate. That's not as long as I expected. This has possiblities! :D

I have seen votes for both Nov 23rd and Dec 14th.

So I need everyone to weigh in with which date is the best for them. The date with the largest vote will be the cruise date.

Given that we are the Colorado chapter - as we have cruises we will have to balance between all AV onwers on the front range.

Our 1st cruise was kind of in the middle of the state, I have seen a lot of votes for Bishop's Castle, which would take us south. Given the connection Co_bigblock has, I would like to offer this as our cruise destination this time. For our next cruise, we will have to have a northern cruise.

The plan will be for the Denver and northern gang to meet at Mike Shaw's in Denver and meet up with our southern AV's at Mike Shaw's in the Springs and drive to the Castle together.

I will need help from the southern gang to find a fun place for lunch and making reservation. Who is up for the task?

Wrchism - I will understand if you can't make it - that is a long drive.

I'm hoping we can get more feedback than this now that we have a big chapter (y).

As for us, Bishop's Castle sounds great! I talked to co_bigblock today (he doesn't have much time to get on this site during the week) and he was quite happy about having a cruise down there.

Our date (this is not confirmed but seems like the best right now): Nov. 23.

I hope we can have a great turnout for this cruise!

Well you know December 14th is going to work the best for me. Sorry, but I don't know if i can get that extra weekend off.

Adam

November 23 was our long range guess, so if that doesn't work out then I'm sure that our schedule will be flexible enough to allow us to have the cruise Dec 14.

i do not know what date is better but they would probably both work because we have nothing planned yet ill talk with the family and see well i found out that jim bishop is in jail right now so we might not ba able to meet him but his son is running the castle but he might be out by the time we get there one night some teenagers came in and tried to vandalize his castle so he ran out and shot his gun in ht eair to scare them away and someone called the cops (i know if it took me 35 years to build somthing and someone tried something like that id do the same thing ;))

co_bigblock said:
i do not know what date is better but they would probably both work because we have nothing planned yet ? ?ill talk with the family and see ? ? well i found ?out that jim bishop is in jail right now so we might not ba able to meet him but his son is running the castle but he might be out by the time we get there ? ?one night some teenagers came in and tried to vandalize his castle so he ran out and shot his gun in ht eair to scare them away and someone called the cops ?(i know if it took me 35 years to build somthing and someone tried something like that id do the same thing ;))

Interesting story.

Are you sure that things will be secure enough for a group as big as we will be to go to Bishop's Castle?

If it's being vandalized and all that, are you absolutely positive that it will be alright?

I know you have gotten so Blueruck's (and others') votes. Hopefully we'll be able to keep those votes.

If it took 35 years to build though, I know Bishop's Castle still has my vote (y).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back