• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche Ranch - Opens This Sept.!!!

pdxkevin

SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
If we are looking for a place for the national convention - - -
why not the Avalanche Ranch?​
  • relatively centerally located in the country
  • it's a new place for a new vehicle classification
  • near Navajo Lake (fishing, swimming, boating...)
  • near Farmington's Choke Cherry Canyon and Rock Garden
  • near Mesa Verde National Park
  • near Telluride
  • near a cassino
  • near ghost towns
  • heck, it's even named "Avalanche" Ranch

Just in time for my Birthday ;D

When I first read the name I thought it was in Nevada :rolleyes:

Their Avalanche lettering looks like it might get them in trouble :cautious:

nh_mark said:
Mapquest says its only a 42 hour drive for me ?:eek:

-Mark

WOW ! ! ! You get to drive 42 hours in your AV. Man are you lucky. It's just over 18 for me. Maybe I will have to swing down through CA to add some mileage :D

That sound cool. I was planning my own roadtrip from Tx to Vegas to Colorado, down through the four corners and then back home. That would work out great.

Wow . . . and right in my backyard! A hard core 4x4 enthusiast's dream . . . I especially liked the trail discriptions . . . for example:

Expert Trails . . .

Four Wheel Drive, 38" Minimum Tires, Two Lockers and Expert Off-Road Driving Skills Required. Expect Body Damage and or Rollovers

"expect" rollovers . . . . not in my Av! But then a stock Av doesn't qualify for anything but the green runs anyway.

That is however fantastic country for a variety of vacation activities . . read their 'area attractions' section. Would be a great rendezvous point - time to get the camper ready!

PDX - you just found a toy box in my back yard that I didn't know about - sounds like a fun place to visit.

Hummm - wonder if Chief would like this instead of Moab :)

Back