• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Whats Your Favourite Part About The AV?

02vortec

This thread is self-explanitory.  Post your favourite things about the Chevy Avalanche.  :B:

Ill start off with; agressive front-end looks and an extremely unique looking ride that STANDS OUT!

Will be considered a classic for many years to come.

The cladding and the storage compartments on the side. Nothing else on the road has it.

The one thing I don't like is the lack of space for a SUB inside the cab. With only 6.5 speakers in the doors, there isn't a lot of base.

The three piece cargo covers.  I had a Silverado that had a Fiberglass Tonneau Cover but it wasn't near as easy as it is to remove the Avalanche covers.  I also like the SUV type ride that you won't find in other pickups.

One word

Midgate

If it did not have it, I would not have it

I loved the look of the Yellow one when they came out but fell madly in Love with my 05 SOM II. Love it for the look!

The whole truck is my favorite part.  From the midgate to the saddle bags to the design of the sails to give it a unique look the truck is just awsome.  Oh and yes the ride is just short of a linclon town car and that my friend is the best riding car you can buy.

I was at the right place at the right time. I didn't pick my Avalanche, it picked me!!! I went to a dealer to look at a custom truck they where selling and someone was trading my Avy in (at the time it was only 2 years old) and I asked the dealer "how much you gonna sell that for" and the dealer said "I'll give it to you for what we just bought it for" and he showed me all the paper work the last owner signed of on and how much they could sell it for. I asked him why he would sell it to me for his cost and he said " We just sold that guy a $50,000 truck, and we are a Dodge dealer. We won't be able to sell a Chevy for the right price here and it will sit here. By selling it to you for what we paid, we just made all our money on the other end".

The ride and drive. Rarely use the midgate and saddlebags even less. 

Bigntall1 said:
I started to say midgate but then I thought,  "I rarely use it."

But when you need it you can't beat it, I don't use the backseat much either.

The versatility of the box which includes midgate/cargo covers/locking tailgate & saddlebags. They even threw in removable rubber mat. I doubt I'd have looked twice if it didn't have the midgate, probably would have got an SUV  :B:

I really love the ride, but I'm more impressed everyday about the mpg. I was really expecting alot less.
I use my midgate every weekend and love it. :B:
Almost forgot the beer coolers. :cheers:

just because they look spectacular and not like every other truck out there.

socialavalanche said:
The whole truck is my favorite part.  From the midgate to the saddle bags to the design of the sails to give it a unique look the truck is just awsome.  Oh and yes the ride is just short of a linclon town car and that my friend is the best riding car you can buy.
What he said X2

What I like best about my 03 is its paid off  :love:

Back