• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Seventh Annual Avalanche in the Whites

ahoy

Can you believe this is the seventh year?  I think this is one of the oldest GTGs on this site so we need to keep the tradition going.

The Seventh Annual Avalanches in the Whites
Date: TBA
Meeting at rest area on Rt. 95 - Departure Time: TBA

Couple scenerios:
1.)
As we have done the last couple years - Meet at the rest area on route 95 and then traveling up to the white mountains with a stop in Ossipee for lunch (location TBA).  We then continued to the Kanc and drive across with multiple stops for pics and to view the scenery.  The GTG ends in Lincoln NH at which point people can do their own thing.

2.)
Prior years we made a weekend out of it by staying in a local hotel, had planned cruises, along with visiting local attractions.   Drove the Kang on Sunday and headed home from there or the hotel. 

So is anyone interested?
Scenerio 1 or 2?
What dates are you availalbe?  10/18-19  10/25-26 11/1-2 11/8-9

Let's start the Poll!
Russ

AHOY - scenerio 1 or 2 - weekend 10/18-19

Well both scenarios work for me, but the dates are going to be a problem. I got stuff happening the 18-19, the 25 I could do, the 26 I was planning on going to Epping, NH; the 1 & 2 of Nov are a bust for me, but the last weekend you said would work fine, but by that time the leaves will most likely be all gone. I'd say at the latest shoot for the 25th, maybe doing a day trip would be good for this year, we're starting late this year looking for interest. Should've started about a month ago, to start getting people to check their schedules and make time available.

-James.

I would like to go.....I had fun at the first few. I'm going to try and have my truck done by then and go to Epping also.......but maybe since they are both in NH ....we can combine the 2 ??? (y)

trannyman said:
I would like to go.....I had fun at the first few. I'm going to try and have my truck done by then and go to Epping also.......but maybe since they are both in NH ....we can combine the 2 ??? (y)

I 2nd that!!!

That right there sounds like a winner. Only problem for me is that I'm not racing my AV at Epping.

-James.

james21 said:
That right there sounds like a winner. Only problem for me is that I'm not racing my AV at Epping.

-James.

I'm not racing either. I'm going to put my truck in the truck show.

Well, that's not really my point, I was planning on running my diesel truck down the track, besides, my AV wouldn't stand a chance in the truck show, even though She's unique, they still will stick our trucks with all the others for awards, and I guarantee that a lifted truck thats all shiny and sparkly that will NEVER see mud, will get the award. It ain't fair, but its life.

-James.

Well we are narrowing it down a little.  James you are correct a late start  :E: but I didn't want it to go by. :B:

If we do the day trip - 10\25 works for me.  I have the PATS game on the 26th, plus I would thing others want to watch it too if they are not going.  (Mark are you going ???)

Chime in guys and girls...Does Sat the 26th work?

Russ

I could do Sat the 25th, because then I can go home and pick up my other truck and drive back out there the next day. Its a little crazy, but I wont mind it.

-James.

james21 said:
Well, that's not really my point, I was planning on running my diesel truck down the track, besides, my AV wouldn't stand a chance in the truck show, even though She's unique, they still will stick our trucks with all the others for awards, and I guarantee that a lifted truck thats all shiny and sparkly that will NEVER see mud, will get the award. It ain't fair, but its life.

-James.

I can hang with the shinny lifted trucks!!! I'll hold it down for us in the show.  (y)

james21 said:
I could do Sat the 25th, because then I can go home and pick up my other truck and drive back out there the next day. Its a little crazy, but I wont mind it.

-James.

Thats crazy!!! I live in Boston and I don't want to do that. I say Nov 1st then or move it up!

Duneit said:
Maybe Crusin' Bruce is a judge.........

I don't think he makes his way up to NH much. I only seen him at MA and RI shows.

I'm pretty flexible with dates... so I'll keep an eye on what's planned out and hopefully I can make it.

Well I was just thinking in terms of when the leaves would be changing, and I'd say that by the end of October around the 25th the leaves are going to be at or past peak, so in my opinion I think that we should shoot for that date.

-James.

Looks like a great weekend to be in NH. My son's band is playing at Millys Taverne in Manchester on the 25th as well.  (y)

Ok cheap plug time for the bandwww.abssyrd.com

I will be going to see him play of course.......but if anyone else wants to go......I'll but the first round :cheers:

trannyman said:
Looks like a great weekend to be in NH. My son's band is playing at Millys Taverne in Manchester on the 25th as well.  (y)

Ok cheap plug time for the bandwww.abssyrd.com

I will be going to see him play of course.......but if anyone else wants to go......I'll but the first round :cheers:

I don't drink so you save money here.  (y)

AHOY said:
Well we are narrowing it down a little.  James you are correct a late start  :E: but I didn't want it to go by. :B:

If we do the day trip - 10\25 works for me.  I have the PATS game on the 26th, plus I would thing others want to watch it too if they are not going.  (Mark are you going ???)

Chime in guys and girls...Does Sat the 26th work?

Russ

Russ,
I will not be at the 10/26 game, I will be at the Monday night (10/20) game.

I might be able to make the 25th as long as you guys don't mind a Caddy tagging along. I'll keep my eyes on the board and see what develops.

-Mark

It sounds like Oct. 25th is the consensus date, and unfortunately we'll be in Lake George, NY that day  :E:

The boys and I had a blast driving around the mountains last year and I was looking forward to doing that again.  :cry:

Duneit said:
We need a banner

I could throw one like the classic in my signature if you want.... or somebody less graphically challenged can do one.

-Mark

Duneit said:
We need a banner

If the date needs changing at any point, please let me know. I've provided two versions and you're welcome to use either. You can use the URLs I've provided and drop them right into your sig, no need to worry about hosting them somewhere else.

whites-01.jpg

Image URL: http://www.vinsin.com/shared/avy/whites-01.jpg

whites-02.jpg

Image URL: http://www.vinsin.com/shared/avy/whites-02.jpg

Back