Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/19/14 02:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto 4WD, humming noise in front end  (Read 1558 times)
WVUAVY

Awards
« on: 10/08/08 04:51 PM »

Got a pretty good rain here in NE GA today and roads were a little slick. Put the AV into auto 4WD, went in fine. Going up hills, I'm getting a noticeable humming noise coming from the front end. I've never noticed it before. Is this normal? Never had this issue with any other 4WD, just wondering if anybody else had the same issue.

By the way, no service 4WD message in the DIC.

2003 Z71 Cladded AVY Every option but sunroof, new to modding so to date I have only addded a K&N filter.
Prime Power

Customize or it's not yours

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/08/08 05:04 PM »

Pretty sure it is normal.  I get one and many others do too.  Changed all my diff fluids and still there.
WVUAVY

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/08/08 06:42 PM »

It's a pretty loud hum. Not real loud, but loud enough that you can hear it over the radio. It only happens above 2K rpm, under 2k, nothing.

2003 Z71 Cladded AVY Every option but sunroof, new to modding so to date I have only addded a K&N filter.
intensem1rider

Modding isn't a sickness

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/19/08 02:01 PM »

I have had that on ocation to, changed the fluids, still there once in a while.

I am curious those, why in the heck are you using 4wd on rain covered pavement? It's not even needed on snow unless your actually slipping when accelerating!

03 Z71,410Amp Dual Alternator kit, Dual battery's, Nelson tune, Magnaflow cats and 12589 muffler, MSD wires, E3 plugs, Rancho RSX shocks, Raybestos drilled/slotted rotors and EBC Yellowstuff,  Eclipse CD7000, Alpine PDX-4.150, (2)PDX-1.1000's, TC-Sounds TC-3000 15", Morel Elate 5, Adire Exremis mids, Second skin damplifier. , 05 electric fans, Volant intake, 22" Decorsa Flex with 285/45/22 Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S
WVUAVY

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10/25/08 11:22 AM »

It was in Auto 4WD and it was pretty slick. First rain in quite a while here and the rear end was breaking loose at stop lights.

TIETANIC

This is the all new Wagon-Queen Family Truckster

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10/25/08 03:14 PM »

Mine does it, I read somewhere it is normal.  The front hubs are engaged in AUTO so it is ready to put the transfer case into 4WD when it detects slip.

2004 Avalanche Z71 Cladded White with OEM Nav

Limitless MPG.  Just point the Avalanche toward your destination, wait for the earth to shift on it's axis, walk to the other end, and you're there!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: