• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New 2004 avalanche owner...

THRASHER13

Hey guys newbie here, I just recently bought a 2004  avy, 50,100m from a used truck dealer.Dont know what, if any model it is LT,LS . l?????.The truck is pretty much spottless clean as ever.22"rims,new tint, 5.3l.Runs great shifts great,Not even close to the power of my 96 silvi but ive done some work to that truck...Anywayz I had the truck for 33 days NOW,And have had the speedo modual fixed , A RECALL ISSUE , along with the crossmember washers replaced ,NOT A RECALL DEAL. 178.00 out of pocket... A NEW BATT PUT IN.6YR WARRANTY ON OLD AC DELCO BATT ,But chevy 36k/3yr thing wouldnt work with me on that.I paid 12 9 for the truck, the kumho tires on it 305/40/22 are pretty much done, so that was part of the great price i got on it .I did my research on it and found its never been in an accident it does have a clean tittle,But DAMN!!! Thank god the A/C broke on the test drive so i didnt have to pay for that!!!  I want to know honestly you guys, is this thing worth keeping or should i off it ???.My old 96 silverado has jumped this thing 4 times!!!  I trust that truck way more than my new one.And whats up with the rear end going out at about 70k miles,and the rear glass window molding cracked at edge???.

THRASHER13 said:
Hey guys newbie here, I just recently bought a 2004  avy, 50,100m from a used truck dealer.Dont know what, if any model it is LT,LS . l?????.The truck is pretty much spottless clean as ever.22"rims,new tint, 5.3l.Runs great shifts great,Not even close to the power of my 96 silvi but ive done some work to that truck...Anywayz I had the truck for 33 days NOW,And have had the speedo modual fixed , A RECALL ISSUE , along with the crossmember washers replaced ,NOT A RECALL DEAL. 178.00 out of pocket... A NEW BATT PUT IN.6YR WARRANTY ON OLD AC DELCO BATT ,But chevy 36k/3yr thing wouldnt work with me on that.I paid 12 9 for the truck, the kumho tires on it 305/40/22 are pretty much done, so that was part of the great price i got on it .I did my research on it and found its never been in an accident it does have a clean tittle,But DAMN!!! Thank god the A/C broke on the test drive so i didnt have to pay for that!!!  I want to know honestly you guys, is this thing worth keeping or should i off it ???.My old 96 silverado has jumped this thing 4 times!!!  I trust that truck way more than my new one.And whats up with the rear end going out at about 70k miles,and the rear glass window molding cracked at edge???.

Wow sounds like you might have a lemon.  Makes you wonder why the previous own sold it.  There is a thread (I?ll try and find it) that you give your VIN and they can list all the issues it had.

Should you get rid of it?  I?d say not, not yet, that is unless you pickup another AV

edit:  Here's a thread that Avalanche Fox might be able to help you find the info.  She's helped a lot of members (y)

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,91399.msg1487994.html#msg1487994

I think it's Iceberg helping now

or
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,94984.0.html

Holy run on sentence batman..

next time please bust up issues into different paragraphs to make it easier for other posters to respond to your questions or concerns...

Doesn't sound like a well-researched purchase if you don't even know what model your truck is?

Recall item should have been dealt with prior to your purchase regardless.

Crossmember fix is documented here, far from a "must fix" item, so you may have let yourself be sold on that.

Battery - 3/36 is the warranty on the battery when it's the OEM battery.  PERIOD.  No excuses.  Beyond that, any battery you place in there has a pro-rated warranty anyway.

And for a 2004, the battery should be changed by now anyway.

The cracked window frame appears to be a common issue on these trucks. When I was test driving Avs I saw a couple of them & asked the same thing. I'm guessing it's something that happens when people are careless when they pull the window out.

Also, the big rims are probably one reason your performance is hurting. They will effect acceleration & braking due to the additional weight.

Oh, and Welcome!

Back