• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Charity Beneficiary

The organizers and coordinators of the 2009 National Chevy Avalanche Meet are pleased to announce that we have selected the Fisher House
as the Charity benefit for this year's event.

flags.jpg

http://www.fisherhouse.org

Information about the Fisher House from an independent charity evaluator: Fisher House Foundation

Their Mission (from the website):

Supporting America's military in their time of need, they provide "a home away from home" that enables family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful time -- during hospitalization for an illness, disease or injury.

The Program (from the website):

The Fisher House? program is a unique private-public partnership that supports America's military in their time of need. The program recognizes the special sacrifices of our men and women in uniform and the hardships of military service by meeting a humanitarian need beyond that normally provided by the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs.
Because members of the military and their families are stationed worldwide and must often travel great distances for specialized medical care, Fisher House? Foundation donates "comfort homes," built on the grounds of major military and VA medical centers. These homes enable family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful times - during the hospitalization for an unexpected illness, disease, or injury.
There is at least one Fisher House? at every major military medical center to assist families in need and to ensure that they are provided with the comforts of home in a supportive environment. Annually, the Fisher House? program serves more than 10,000 families, and have made available nearly 2.5 million days of lodging to family members since the program originated in 1990. By law, there is no charge for any family to stay at a Fisher House operated by the Department of Veterans Affairs; and Fisher House Foundation uses donations to reimburse the individual Fisher Houses operated by the Army, Navy, and Air Force. No family pays to stay at any Fisher House!

We will be donating all excess funds from registrations, raffles, shirts, and fund-raising events to the Fisher House.

Very deserving charity IMO but I?m a little bias  :cool:

Yes, me too...
I just finished setting this thread up. 

I talked to a lady at the gym who has used this charity and their services and she said it was wonderful for her and her family  :love:

I am very excited it worked out for them (Fisher House) and us (CAFCNA).

I am excited too!

Great idea with San Antonio beign such a big military city!  I work at a VA Medical Center here in TN and we are going to be getting our own Fisher House soon.  Have heard great things about them. Again, great choice!! (y)

Excellent choice for the charity TCG. The program and houses they have around the country are great for keeping the families of injured service members right there close to their injured loved one during treatment. My compliments and gratitude on the choice. Thank you.

Alan

Chopped_Burban said:
Excellent choice for the charity TCG. The program and houses they have around the country are great for keeping the families of injured service members right there close to their injured loved one during treatment. My compliments and gratitude on the choice. Thank you.

Alan

Thank you so much.  I found out about them through my bank, they support them.  Wouldn't it be great if I could get my bank to match what we gather... you know, that might not be a bad plan.  Might have to check that out :)

great selection in my humble opinion.  I wont be attending Nat's but as all this gets closer, I'll make  a donation via paypal to those collecting funds.

Tango Chaser said:
great selection in my humble opinion.  I wont be attending Nat's but as all this gets closer, I'll make  a donation via paypal to those collecting funds.

Awesome (y) thank you

Tango Chaser said:

Thank you.  Sorry I did not respond to this sooner  :B:

Thank you HUGZ.  I have recently spoken with a lady that used this facility and it made things much less complicated on the family!  Just think of all of the stuff the military does for us... Let's show our appreciation by supporting the FISHER HOUSE  :love:

What a great organization to support..  :love:

Is there anyway members can donate to this even if they are not coming.  ???

MichiganSilver03 said:
Is there anyway members can donate to this even if they are not coming.  ???

I'm sure there is a way to donate to the Fischer House..

A person could register and receive the T-shirt and welcome bag.. All excess funds go to the charity.

Back