• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Z71 spacific Mods. Which work and Which don't??

Tekman67

I bought a new  Z71 LT2 and love it. The bummer is, that all the cool mods I'd like to add to it are slapped with "NOT FOR Z71". No brush Gard, only the lesser mudflaps, etc.. What's the deal here? Did I shoot myself in the foot by going with the Z71? I'm thinking we need a separate channel here on this topic alone as it seems that we can't just group the Z into the general mods and accessory category. I want to get flaps, and a nice brush guard for the vehicle. Seems that I'll have to go out of GM for them which does not make me happy. Anyone else as frustrated? Can we get some help? Anyone have any experience with Flaps and a brushgard or bullbar on a Z71? Thanks.

I have a 2008 LT3 Z71 and before that a 2004 Z71. I used several places to locate accessories for both. GM does have some things for a Z71 but most accessories are aftermarket.
Here is a shot of my Bull Bar on my 2008.

Attachments

• IMG_0043 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0043 (Small).JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,187
here is a shot of a rear tube step bar. Bully makes a smaller one that has an LED brake light in it as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0046 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0046 (Small).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,185
Then you can also get the GM High Performance Cold Air Intake from your dealer.
I also like the Corsa Sport exhaust system that fits a Z71 too and was at one time the GM approved exhaust. I have heard that they changed brands but the dealer does have a GM performance exhaust too.
Here is a shot of the CAI by GM.

Attachments

• IMG_0059 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0059 (Small).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,188
Tekman67

I did the Husky Flaps and they fit great.  Just a note.... Taking the wheels off makes the install much easier.
Also might want to do the Mag Lite and Saddlebag Locks!
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,103445.0.html

Enjoy!  Love My Z71!

Tekman67,

Here are the Husky flaps for the Avalanche Z71.
Put the same ones on my wife's Z71 Suburban.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,158
For those LT and Z71 owners... the P/N for the Brushed Aluminum Center Console is 25912890.  This part is from the GMC Sierra "All Terrain" Package and should be an easy swap.   It is similar to the wood accent LTZ console and has two folding door, one over the cup holders and another over a small storage area.  That is one draw-back... you will loose some storage space , however I like the cleaner lines and overall look it gives compared to the stock black center console.

I will upload some pics once the swap is complete.

Here is a picture from the GMC website
sierraatinthh1.jpg

AVOLUTION_003 said:
For those LT and Z71 owners... the P/N for the Brushed Aluminum Center Console is 25912890.  This part is from the GMC Sierra "All Terrain" Package and should be an easy swap.   It is similar to the wood accent LTZ console and has two folding door, one over the cup holders and another over a small storage area.  That is one draw-back... you will loose some storage space , however I like the cleaner lines and overall look it gives compared to the stock black center console.

sierraatinthh1.jpg

Great find, that looks good!  (y)

AVOLUTION_003 said:

sierraatinthh1.jpg

you da man!!..  (y) (y) (y)    Been looking for just that...

Just ordered 2 from gmparts direct @ $95.  Thanks for finding that!  My wife has been asking for one for her Suburban. (y)

I just got an email from gmpartsdirect that the Aluminum cladded center console (P/N 25912890) is on national back-order with no ETA.  Anyone else get this notification?  Anyone have another source of supply.

Avolution_003

Ordered mine on 11/14.
Have not received any shipping confirmation or backorder notices as yet.

GM is buying try to figure out how to avoid going bankrupt...  they don't have to time to be making those pieces

08 AV Z71:  where in NEPA are you from?  I'm originally from simpson, pa

dyshuk - pm'd you

Avolution 003 - Checked my status with GM PartsDirect and on National Backorder as well :E:
This was going to be an xmas gift for my wife's 08 Z71 Suburban.  Oh well...

08 AV Z71:  I was able to find the Aluminum clad center console (P/N 25912890) on PartsZoneOnline.com for $116 shipped.

Here are a few before and after pics:

3073025333_7b540c6bbb.jpg

3073861848_b94206d620.jpg

3073862750_a34fb0ff81.jpg

3073026171_0c8c5797b9.jpg

The new Hummer is coming with the arm rest that is aluminum trimmed. They changed the arm rest evidently to match the ones in the GMT900 series trucks in the new hummers.

how are the cup holders..  they look like they dont have much grab for smaller cups.  Are there spring loaded things on the side...

Vaeagleav said:
Then you can also get the GM High Performance Cold Air Intake from your dealer.
I also like the Corsa Sport exhaust system that fits a Z71 too and was at one time the GM approved exhaust. I have heard that they changed brands but the dealer does have a GM performance exhaust too.
Here is a shot of the CAI by GM.

How is the cold air intake from GM? What was the performance increase with it?

Thanks.

ajk,

Each cupholder has 3 soft protrusions molded into the rubber liners.  Surprisingly enough, they seem to work a lot better then the rubber "flaps" in the stock cup holders.  May be due to the added stiffness they provide.

Main usage for me is coffee mugs, bottled water and the occasional "road-pop"! >:D

Ashtray00 said:
How is the cold air intake from GM? What was the performance increase with it?

Thanks.
Hi Ashtray00,
I like the GM CAI for it's quality,ease of install and the fact that you DO NOT have to oil the filter. I did not put the AV on a dyno but it seems to have made the AV a little quicker from a standing start but gas mileage may have gone down by 1MPG but that could be a result of me playing around with it by rapid acceleration. The CAI did increase the intake noise and seemed to make the Corsa exhaust a slightly deeper tone. I compromised and installed a Dynamat hoodliner and that made the interior quieter and eliminated other front end noises like tires etc. I can hear the engine and intake if I want by lowering the windows.
I do not have an engine tuner installed and more performance may come from doing that along with CAI and exhaust.

Back