Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/22/14 04:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aftermarket radio and Rear Seat Entertainment Not Working  (Read 3979 times)
gishowboy

I love my 05 Z71 Avalanche

Awards
« on: 11/09/08 05:22 PM »

I just bought the Alpine IVA-W205 and I also have the rear seat entertainment system.  I temporarily have a pac gmos-1 installed from my envoy until my metra axxess gmos-4 arrives. 

The problem I'm having is that the rear seat entertainment lights up but doesn't work.  Does anyone know why it's not working?  Do I need another adapter to restore functionality? 
Also, I lost the capability to get sound from the Panasonic DVD player to the door speakers, do I need another adapter for that also, possibly to connect audio and video as an aux. input?

05 Z71, HID HEADLIGHTS,  BLACK EAGLE EYE LED TAILLIGHTS, PLASMAGLOW LED TAILGATE BAR, CAI, GM MUD GUARDS, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXHAUST(12588) W/SIDE EXITS, BED EXTENDER(12497828), BACKUP CAMERA, AJVS nav head unit HIFONICS BRUTUS BXI2006, 2 ALPINE 12" TYPE R'S, ALPINE TYPE R 6.5", CUSTOM MIDGATE BOX, AMBER LED EMERGENCY LIGHT BAR, AUTOPAGE RS1000 ALARM
KnightMare

Now at 60 MODs, let try for 70 now

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: 11/10/08 12:24 AM »

I got a Alpine w505, as far as I know the RSE won't funtion no more since the head unit is gone. The good news is that the headunit has a RSE built into it where people in the backseat can do same functions as the factory RSE does.
What you have to do now with the Alpine RSE, is get the IR headphones and connect it up to the aux audio out. If you going to have screens for the passengers, hook up aux out video cable too.

2003 Victory Red 4x4. Born 11/02, Mine 9/03 lemon, gone
2004 Onyx Black Z66. Born 12/24/03, Mine 9/08/04 KnightMare
1955  Chevy Bel Air 4dr
1967 Pontiac GTO,  Le Mans Convertible
1969 Chevy Camaro, Chevelle
1970 Chevy Chevelle x2
midwest kid
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Northface Edition

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11/18/08 09:17 AM »

Factory RSE is only functional with oem radio. As far as the DVD player, you should be able to connect the a/v outputs from it into the aux inputs of the alpine HU. Its hard to say without knowing which dvd player you have and how its currently connected.

03 Avalanche Northface / 00 Grand Prix GTP / 04 Trailblazer LS
02 Yamaha R6 / 05 Yamaha Apex
gishowboy

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11/18/08 08:38 PM »

i have the factory panasonic vd player.

05 Z71, HID HEADLIGHTS,  BLACK EAGLE EYE LED TAILLIGHTS, PLASMAGLOW LED TAILGATE BAR, CAI, GM MUD GUARDS, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXHAUST(12588) W/SIDE EXITS, BED EXTENDER(12497828), BACKUP CAMERA, AJVS nav head unit HIFONICS BRUTUS BXI2006, 2 ALPINE 12" TYPE R'S, ALPINE TYPE R 6.5", CUSTOM MIDGATE BOX, AMBER LED EMERGENCY LIGHT BAR, AUTOPAGE RS1000 ALARM
midwest kid
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Northface Edition

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11/19/08 06:09 AM »

ok. Yeah, you lose all connectivity with that as well. Your going to have to get some schematics so it can be wired through the AUX A/V input of the alpine

03 Avalanche Northface / 00 Grand Prix GTP / 04 Trailblazer LS
02 Yamaha R6 / 05 Yamaha Apex
gishowboy

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 11/20/08 10:55 AM »

this will be another project to be started sometime next year if there are no adapters or interfaces.

tajjb

My Northface edition Avalanche 2003 & My RV

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03/09/09 08:00 PM »

Does anyone know where I can buy LED headlights for my 2003 Avalanche Northface edition, with body cladding? I found a set on Ebay, but the seller wont answer my question...if they will fit my truck. I want the "blue" or "bright" look but I don't want to spend over 200.00.

Jennifer B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: