• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Headlight Covers AVS

sparky

SM 2005
Folks, been making a few changes to the Av. If you click on the link below to my picture trail site and go to the last album (16) you will see recent pictures which include the Whipple, tow hook, and an SS emblem just for giggles. I am posting this here because there are also pictures showing headlight covers that I got. They were sourced HERE :eek:
Nice for a change. The whole deal set me back $95 (yes our dollars) tax included. PM me if you are interested and want details.

TTFN

Sparky
I have the same set of covers on my truck....Yep they were a 100 dollar bill :D: :D: :D: :D:

Chris

Attachments

• wax3.JPG
    wax3.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 22
Arctic Offroad Racing said:
Sparky
I have the same set of covers on my truck....Yep they were a 100 dollar bill :D: :D: :D: :D:

Chris
Chris, I don't understand your little barfy guys. Compared to others that is a pretty good price Canadian, and no border or duty issues or the frustration of UPS, that's worth another 20 to me right there :7:

sparky all I have to say is you have one of the best moded AV's on the this site. :cool:

sparky said:
Chris, I don't understand your little barfy guys. Compared to others that is a pretty good price Canadian, and no border or duty issues or the frustration of UPS, that's worth another 20 to me right there :7:

Mine are being shipped UPS....Should I be worried :-[

Av42 I looked at the site u said and I was wondering if that $72 includes a set of 4 covers or a set of 2. There was two part #'s which make me wonder. Hey Sparky looks really good can u please message me where I can pick these up in Alberta. Tks

2 part numbers = 2 different Avs
WBH and Cladded
41122 is 4 for the cladded
the other is the same as the Silverado for the front end of the WBH

whoa whoa whoa... are you guystalking about the headlight covers?! I can get you those same covers for $30! man $100? where are you guy buying your shades from? I need to have a word with them... check out my headlight cover topics to see mine.

~BIGRED

AV42Medics said:
Mine are being shipped UPS....Should I be worried :-[
Nah, he is refering to things crossing the border into Canada. It is a pain, and expensive, unless the items are shipped in as described "used" . Been there done that!

Wiki

BIGRED_Z-71 said:
whoa whoa whoa... are you guystalking about the headlight covers?! I can get you those same covers for $30! man $100? where are you guy buying your shades from? I need to have a word with them... check out my headlight cover topics to see mine.
Sparky indicated the cost was in Canadian dollars. While it is not $30 US, it is a far cry from $100 US.

The cost was actually 90.00, but then there's tax, and when posting info like this I tend to round up so no one is disappointed when they find a local source. You would be amazed at the impact of a $4.00 difference in price on some folks.
We often seem to lose context, that it is:
1) a coffe and a fancy pastry at Tim's
2) a beer in just about any joint (plus tip ;))
3) 11 cigaretts out of a pack of 25.
4) holy poop, the girl guides want more than that these days.

Just passing on that they can be had in canada, easily, and what I paid without shopping.

carriles said:
Man, ?I am glad to live in the states!
But I have to say Sparky...you got it looking good! ;)
It all depends on what you are looking for. On things that are a little bit more specific, the U.S. is a good source. For most everything else though, people in the U.S. get screwed over, unfortunately. A good example being bed slides. :) Corporate America.. joy!

Arctic Offroad Racing said:
Sparky

Chris

Last I checked Alaska is in the United states ;) So his $100.oo bill went POOF. parts cost and shiping kill us up here :6:

Later , Jon

PS, >:D LOL

lordvader said:
Sparky, where do I get the SS emblem. Looks sweet.
Sorry to be so tardy to answer here.
I bought the SS logo from the Chev dealer I got the truck from. The silver is the color for the Silverado (not red) and I thought it might look good on my black truck.
BTW, took one of the salesman out for a spin. I guess I pushed a little too hard, he was a little shakey on exit.
His comment was that the SS was fast out of the chute, but can't touch that (meaning my girl Bertha) (y)

Still workin' on a dig camera....until then, gonna have to wait 'til I take 23 more pictures.

You wanna buy me one money bags? Seems like you, Gene and Sparky have all the bucks around here ;D

:cool: I found a new way of covering my headlights. I have a friend who does graphics and works with vinyl stickers. After 4 long hours we designed a vinyl sticker for my avalanche that makes the lights look smaller and yet does not affect the area lit. I'll post some pictures tomorrow if it doesnt rain. They kinda look like big red's projector lights.

AV42Medics said:
Still workin' on a dig camera....until then, gonna have to wait 'til I take 23 more pictures.

You wanna buy me one money bags? Seems like you, Gene and Sparky have all the bucks around here ;D
Money ???
My money is gone, nada, nothing. I was doing ok till about 8-9 months ago when this modding jones got the best of me.
Oh well, at least I get to drive it every day. (y)

Back