• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

HP Gains reported with Predator on '07 Avalanche

07Z714x4

Hi all,

I just thought I would post up what the Predator did for me on my 2007 Avalanche Z71 4x4.  I have about 46,000 miles and use Amsoil 5w30.

Performance Mods for baseline chassis dyno run:
GM CAI
Corsa Sport Exhaust
Running 93 Octane Amoco Fuel

Baseline Dyno results
Peak HP:  263.14 hp
Peak Torque:  284.90 ft-lbs

GM claims the LC9 engine is 310 hp and 335 ft-lbs.  If there were 20% driveline loss then the stock rear wheel hp would be 248 hp and 268 ft-lbs.  With that math, it looks as if the GM CAI and CORSA exhaust got me 15.14 hp and 16.9 ft-lbs

After Predator 93 Octace Tune
Peak HP:  274.09 hp
Peak Torque:  308.09 ft-lbs

Net Gains from baseline dyno run (Peak)
HP: 10.95 hp
Torque:  23.19 ft-lbs

HP Gain going up through the rpm range was about 20 hp and tapered off to the 10.95 hp peak difference.
Torque Gain going up through the rpm range was about 30 ft-lbs and tapered off to the 23.29 ft-lbs peak difference.

Therefore, all of my mods (GM CAI, CORSA, and Predator 93 Octane tune) compared to the calculated stock rear wheel hp & torque (248 hp & 268 ft-lbs) I gained at peak, 26.09 hp and 40.09 ft-lbs of torque.  I am sure the 20% driveline loss is on the high side, but overall this seems like some pretty good gains.

Walsh Motorpsorts in Wixom, MI did the dyno runs.

I have not played with the tunes yet myself, the gains were directly from the Predator tune.

Before the tune I was averaging about 16.3 mpg.  After the tune it looks like I was going to average about 17.0 mpg, but it turned cold before I could get enough miles on the new tune to have a good comparison of fuel economy.  Right now I am at 16.6 mpg.

Driving pattern is biased towards highway (maybe 70/30).  I have been keeping track of miles and time driven to get an average speed so I can factor that into a mpg difference.  When I have enough data, I will post more results.  Also, when i get my dyno run scanned I will post this as well.

yeah, get your fueling dialed in - adjust your injector slope to get your average LTFT's in the 0 to -2 range, and you'll get even more throttle reponse, more power, stronger/harder pull, and better mileage.

after you install a tune, drive for about 50 miles to let the tune get relearned by the ECM, then do a data log to see where you're at.

info on how to do a log properly, and what parameters to log, can be found here:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=917

Those results are fairly close to what I got on my '07. My performance mods are in my sig. Only real difference is I'm running 87 vs 93 Octane. My baseline dyno numbers, at bone stock, were 233HP and 265 ft-lbs.  :cry:
With the perf mods and the 87 tune installed, they were 267 and 299, respectively.  :drive:
Overall, I gained 34HP and 34 ft-lbs at the wheel.  :woohoo:
Additionally, my avg mpg went from 16 to 18. Better yet, it's still holding even though the temps here have plummeted.  (y)  (y)  (y)

06MonteSS said:
np man...   (y)

hey MonteSS      you here ??????    welcome to the club!!!

hey everybody here , this guy is the guru when it comes to tuning, thanks to his posts in DIABLOSPORT forums my truck runs like a 6000 lbs sport car , big cheers for MONTESS,  welcome !!!!!!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

06MonteSS said:
yeah, get your fueling dialed in - adjust your injector slope to get your average LTFT's in the 0 to -2 range, and you'll get even more throttle reponse, more power, stronger/harder pull, and better mileage.

after you install a tune, drive for about 50 miles to let the tune get relearned by the ECM, then do a data log to see where you're at.

info on how to do a log properly, and what parameters to log, can be found here:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=917
I need to go spend some time over there  :p

escalanche said:
hey MonteSS      you here ??????     welcome to the club!!!

hey everybody here , this guy is the guru when it comes to tuning, thanks to his posts in DIABLOSPORT forums my truck runs like a 6000 lbs sport car , big cheers for MONTESS,  welcome !!!!!!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

AAAHAHAHAHAA!!!  hey, what's up man!!

yeah, got that thing flyin' now!!  hahaha..  glad you're happy with the custom tune!  ;)

now start saving up for some new tires...  LOL

THANKS for the info!

and by the way how does the corsa sound in the highway/city? I am looking for a sport and quite dual exhaust 

I really like the Corsa.

You can hear it at highway speeds, but very minimally while cruising.

When you step on it, it wakes up some but is not obnoxious.  I tow quite a bit at highway speeds as well and the same comments pretty much apply.

In city, with the windows down it sounds really good.  With windows up, you do not hear it much unless you accelerate hard.

07Z714x4 said:
I really like the Corsa.

You can hear it at highway speeds, but very minimally while cruising.

When you step on it, it wakes up some but is not obnoxious.  I tow quite a bit at highway speeds as well and the same comments pretty much apply.

In city, with the windows down it sounds really good.  With windows up, you do not hear it much unless you accelerate hard.

Great you!

I am sensitive to some exhaust sounds and have never bought one of those, and trying to get the best setup, which model number you bought and how much?, also if you can please!, do you know of another setup that is quieter and good quality?

Back