• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My Dark Knight

EpyonLanche

I've finally gotten the time to do the MODs I've been wanting to do for over a year. The first post in this thread is going to number and name all installed MODs. I'll post all the things I'm doing in this thread.

Lighting MODs:
1. Full time DRL's
2. Dual filament DRL's with turn signal
3. 4 brake lights
4. 60" LOF
5. Lighted Sail Panel Screws
6. Green LED puddle lights
7. Black LED Map lights
8. Low beam 6000k HIDs
9. Fog light 6000k HIDs
10. Front door green Streetglow Iscanner LEDs
11. Knight Rider LED scanner
12. Whelen Strobe light kit x2
13. ALL6ONHIGH MOD

Exterior MODs:
1. Billet fuel door
2. Billet grille
3. Smoked Taillights
4. Clear corner signal lights
5. Smoked 3rd break light
6. Diamond plate steps
7. Smoked signal light covers
8. 22" VCT Scarface wheels +305/40/22 tires
9. Calipers painted Silver
10. Belltech 2/4" drop kit
11. Hotchkis Swaybar Kit
12. Trailer hitch and kit
13. SS Bowtie
14. Diamond plate side steps
15. Triple flag mount
16. Billet Door handles
17. Escalade tailgate handle
18. Avalanche billet lettering
19. 20% window tent
20. Rear window sticker
21. Power locking tailgate
22. Antenna Delete
23. Fusion painted cladding

Interior MODs:
1. Denali Console with Avalanche A/C system
2. Custom switch panel in location of 4x4 switches
3. Black replacement carpet
4. Fatmat sound deading
5. Door speaker pods
6. Extra fuse panel
7. Steel bedslide
8. Green lighted SS sill plates

Audio/Video/Electronics MODs:
1. Alpine IVA-W505 7" touchscreen
2. SWISJACK interfact for steering wheel controls
3. TR7 bypass for video
4. Whelen Police Siren
5. 10" Headrest monitors
6. 6.5" Component Rockford Fosgate speakers
7. 6.5" Coax Rockford Fosgate speakers
8. 12 gauge speaker wire to all doors
9. Rockford Fosgate T20001bd mono amplifier
10. Rockford Fosgate T8004 4 channel amplifier
11. Air Zenith 200psi compressor
12. 5 gallon air tank
13. Triple bell horn
14. 2 Rockford Fosgate t215d4 15's
15. Stinger 1700 deep cycle battery
16. Optima red top
17. 5.25" Rockford Fosgate component speakers
18. 800 watt inverter
19. Viper Alarm
20. 200 psi air gauge
21. iPad mount

Engine MODs:
1. Dual alternator kit with 2 275 amp alternators
2. K&N drop in filter
3. 0 gauge "big 3" upgrade
4. Cadillac engine cover (Modified for dual alternator kit

Total MOD Count:70

:eek: :eek: that's a lot of work!! I'll be watching this thread for tips and new ideas

Dual alternator kit from Nations Alternator. They are 2 275 amp alternators powder coated black with 0 gauge running directly to their batteries
08-11-07KnightInteriorMods003.jpg

Optima Red Top for the primary alternator that will control the truck
08-11-07KnightInteriorMods004.jpg

Stinger 1700 deep cycle battery for the secon alternator that will control amps, compressor, and inverter so far.
08-11-11BedSlide005.jpg

The fuse box wont be in that location, instead I'm going to put the compressor in there and have the wall that is cut out lined with plexiglass

FatMat on all panels and inside doors
08-11-13Fatmat001.jpg

08-11-13Fatmat002.jpg

It didn't take long cause my nephew was rolling down the mat while I was putting it on and cleaning the floor with the vacuum cleaner
08-11-13Fatmatanddoorpods002.jpg

08-11-13Fatmatanddoorpods007.jpg

It is raining today, so I'll install the new black carpet that I got in today
08-11-13Fatmatanddoorpods006.jpg

Also to note with this door pic, I am running new 12 gauge speaker wire to the doors and also pre wiring the door so that when I get the light houses for the rear door, the wire is already ran and tapped in the light system.

08-11-13Fatmatanddoorpods007.jpg

Alpine w505 installed with all RCA's ran with steering wheel interface, video bypass, and all RCA's ran for monitors, amps, and a backup camera for later. All RCA's and wires have been labeled so I know exactly what they are for.
08-11-09KnightInteriorMods003.jpg

Denali center console that is modifed with the Av's A/C system and back panel. Still need to modify the storage compartment so it will fit now with the A/C system in it. The back panel where the RSA controls was at will be changed to power outlets from the inverter.
08-11-07KnightInteriorMods001.jpg

10" moniter headrest installed
08-11-07KnightInteriorMods002.jpg

BedSlide in, dont have it in carpet yet because I plan to cut in a trap door to open up and allow access to the false floor i'm going to build soon which will hold the 4channel amp, mono amp, inverter, strobe controllers.
08-11-11BedSlide001.jpg

This is kind of an idea I have with the false floor with my amps and stuff mounted under the bedslide. Thinking of plexiglass on top of it with LEDs to make it change colors. The extra fuse panel I have I was going to put in my Chevelle but I thought I'd use it in the Av so that I can have one location to have to change fuses to all my new accessories.
08-11-13Falsefloormockup.jpg

And since it is wet outside and I can't put my black carpet in today, I figure I minus well do something. So what I'm doing is the door pods for my truck's rear doors first.
08-11-13Fatmatanddoorpods004.jpg

08-11-13Fatmatanddoorpods005.jpg

KnightMare said:
It didn't take long cause my nephew was rolling down the mat while I was putting it on and cleaning the floor with the vacuum cleaner

You are alot taller than I remember :laugh:

08-11-13Fatmatanddoorpods002.jpg

[/quote]

It looks like you have some good help.  (y)

What are your ideas on the sub enclosure?? Will it ride over the top of the bedslide?

TheBeast said:
What are your ideas on the sub enclosure?? Will it ride over the top of the bedslide?

I got 3 ideas:

Option 1: make a false midgate and attach the fiberglassed box to the back of it. The would let me drop the gate and have a full bed again and have a place for the rear window to sit.

Option 2: Make the box mount to the tie down hooks close to the midgate and have it stationary. Make the backside of the box plexiglass and still allow for a place the rear glass to be stored

Option 3: Make the box part of the bedslide and let it roll with the bedslide. Make the bedslide motorized to help with the weight of the box(Already going to do this anyway)

I'm on the second coat for my door pods now
08-11-13reardoorpod.jpg

I like taking my rear glass out, so thats a major factor in how I build the sub box

MR.SMITH said:
Long time no see. Where you been? Black wheels rock.

I've been traveling with my job since last year. I'm finally back at home for a few weeks and decided to get all MODs I've had sitting in boxes for over a year done. I know its been a long long time since I've talked to you or my Av's "grey twin"

its pics like this that make me glad I dont have a garage.  I'd be trying to sell mine and have it torn apart at the same time.

KnightMare said:
I've been traveling with my job since last year. I'm finally back at home for a few weeks and decided to get all MODs I've had sitting in boxes for over a year done. I know its been a long long time since I've talked to you or my Av's "grey twin"
The AV is gone. I traded it in about a year ago.

decals005.jpg

Back