• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

May Ontario GTG

NatsCanAv

SM 2004
Well i figured that the old thread was getting to long. It was time to start a new one for the May GTG....

I'm sure Pydpiper will find this and jump all over it ..hehehe!!!!!! So post your thoughts and idea's here and we will get this gig together.

We will be meeting in the Port Dover Area On May 10, for a meet and great and some light offroading. Come one come all Avalanche Owners.

Damage update!!!!! Recieved my cover today from Gm Parts and the Av is all better now ?:D..

Looking Forward to meeting everyone On the 10th!!!!!!!!

NatsCanAV

HEAD COUNT!

Everyone who has intentions of attending the May 10th GTG please private message me, with the following info:
1. number of people attending
2. whether or not you would like to participate in minor off roading, clean and non destructive
3. if you would like, I would also like to know the town/city you are coming from, I have been tracking this on Map point.

I would like to know the number of people attending in case I have to book anything along our path..

Thanks!
Pydpiper

;D ;D ;D

I knew you would be all over it. I'm in and have sent my pm to confirm....

1 adult
1-3 kids
Yes -light- non-destructive offroading ;D ;D ;D ;D
Lunch makes no difference!!!!!
I'm In Oshawa

Can't wait !!!!!!!!!

NatsCanAv

Me and the wife
0 kids (ditchin' them at the grandparents because of this.... :C:
Cooler of cold ones :cool:
We'll grab a bite on the cruise.

For those of you new to this thread..

We are planning a Get together for May 10th, we will be meeting at 10:30 am in a town called Renton, just a few minutes north of Port Dover. (exact location below). From this locaton we will gather, sync what needs syncing, and travel together a few minutes south to Port Dover where we will begin our day.
We will be driving waterside, shopping, eating, perhaps light off roading and whatever else we all decide on doing.. An afternoon tailgate lunch was suggested and sounds like a terrific idea! Keep the ideas coming!

Renton is on a corner(it's that small) of Hwy#3 and RR5, east of Simcoe. Hwy 24 south exits to the 403 and one straight road to Simcoe. There is a BB gas station on that corner, and that is where we will meet, that parking lot. a detailed map will follow later

Dont forget your FRS radio!

Any questions can be directed to myself by sending me a private message or of course through this thread!

Pydpiper

??? ???

With Pydpiper being so freindly with the wild life is a tailgate lunch a real good idea?????? How much control do you have over those critters Dave ;D ;D

NatsCanAv

I will see if I can find a few spots for a AV picnic lunch about half way between Port Dover and Port Stanley, along side the lake (if possible). If anybody knows a good spot please let us know?

BTW, does anybody know how much ICE will fit in the AV cooler?

Windlove.

Hi Folks,
Looks like everyone had a great GTG last weekend! I would have really enjoyed being there. It's a little early for me to commit to May 10 but I will do everything I can to make it. Sounds like it will be a super day...Thanks to everyone who have made the effort to put it together (y)
Cheers
kroache

Hey Bryker and Stan,
I had been following the "Patriotic Flag BowTie" thread on this site last year for some time and contacted Joe W. to ask him if he would consider doing a Canadian version. I must say he was terrific to work with and was quite concerned with the proper ratio of red flag to white background etc. on the bow tie. Anyway, he came up with a great prototype and the Canadian Flag Bowtie was born! ( Ironically, I believe Joe lives in Texas :)It looks real sharp and I have had many people ask about it. Here is a link to Joe's site
http://homepage.mac.com/jwco/Bowties/PhotoAlbum4.html
Let me know if the link works O.K. I'm a rookie at this to say the least. :-[ Say hi to Joe for me.... Joe's e-mail address is jwco@comcast.net
kroache

Hey Boar-Ral, how about we create a new topic for canadian buys aimed at everyone who has access to all the goodies we all want. I Just noticed our thread is veering off course a bit and I would hate to see any newbies be misguided as to what this thread was created for. It looks like we all have something to pitch in in local buys.
I have been working pretty hard on getting people to visit this thread for cruise info..
If you do make a new thread and move this stuff, delete this post while your at it..
Thanks!
David

To get back on topic Pydpiper, I picked up my new Av yesterday so May 10 is now a reallity and you can count me in. Looking forward to it. Wow, what a truck!!!!

Congrats Darcar! It sure is a treat to be behind the wheel of that thing isn't it! I am so addicted to it..What are your gas prices like right now?
We will see you on the 10th! Happy driving!
Pydpiper

darcar said:
To get back on topic Pydpiper, I picked up my new Av yesterday so May 10 is now a reallity and you can count me in. Looking forward to it. Wow, what a truck!!!!

Congrats Darcar.. Enjoy the new ride and get us some pics so we can drool over those wheels. I can't wait to see them at the MAY 10 gtg!!!, again Congrats.......

NatsCanAV

I have started a web site for the Ontario chapter It can be viewed Here ?including a pic to Kroach's bowtie on his Av...... ?Link is now fixed!!!! sorry :)

Tomorrow I am going to do a "dry run" if time permits, I will be contacting the people at our meeting spot to insure we can use their space..
So far we have 7 confirmed Av's and 19 people to fill them..
If anyone is sitting in the bush now is the time to yell at us!

pydpiper said:
If anyone is sitting in the bush now is the time to yell at us!
I want to go, but I don't know my work schedule. We have been trying to get in touch with our Air Force contact in Tucsan to schedule a trip to their lab, but we have not heard back from them yet. At this point I'm about 75% sure I will make it, but there are no guarantees. I'm sure it will be like any other trip to a government agency: you wait around for an answer and for them to make a decision, and when the finally decide, it has to be done NOW! :rolleyes:

AV42Medics said:
Are we still expecting people from the Buffalo chapter? ???
I have not seen any response from any of them, neither here nor privately. :6:

-- SS

I'm definitely in for this cruise. I will wait to message you until I find out if I can convince some friends to come along. (Kind of lonely to drive by myself :cry: )

movieman said:
I'm definitely in for this cruise. ?I will wait to message you until I find out if I can convince some friends to come along. (Kind of lonely to drive by myself ?:cry: )

Glad to have ya aboard! I heard a rumor you might be making it..

Ok, most of us will be exiting from the 403, there are 2 exits from the 403 for Hwy 24, we want Hwy 24 south, simcoe. From the london side this will be your first Hwy 24, rest Acres road. From Toronto area it will be your second Hwy 24, again, Rest Acres road.
If you choose, reset your odometer immediatly on exiting. Continue south on Hwy 24 (36.5km, 25 min) to simcoe, make a left on Hwy #3(the main lights). Continue on Hwy#3 (7.6 km) to Renton. As you approach Renton a gas station will be on your left, this I had mistaken for a BB gas, it's not. After you cross the intersection there is a restaurant called "18 Wheeler truck stop" We have permission to use this lot for our gathering.

As Nats has mentioned we ran this today, on our journey we have found what we believe to be an excellent choice for lunch, it is waterfront, provides a pavillion for shade and plenty of parking. If you have a fishing pole bring it along!
At the entrance to this area is a fry stand, it may or may not be open this early in the season, I am assuming it will be. This is all in Port Rowan, a stunning community on the lake.
After lunch we will continue west along the lake, it is a very scenic drive that may involve some sightseeing stops, at some point we will pass through Port Burwell, here there is a lighthouse museum, you can climb to the top for a buck or two..
I have made no progress for off roading, I will keep you all updated on this.
Our purpose for making the trip today was to locate washrooms on route and any other nesesities we may require.
This is shaping up very nicley!
Pydpiper

FYI
I ran into Balazs today in woodstock, he was our surprise guest at our GTG, with the WBH. He managed to get the AV stuck yesterday in a mud hole..You all may remember me telling him he'll never get the truck stuck..well, he remembered..He said he spent from 10am to 3:30 today washing the AV, $35 in the car wash.. I must admit, there was no sign of mud anywhere on that thing..
Unfortunatly he will not be making our GTG on May 10th, work has got in the way yet again..
Pydpiper

Pydpiper, Thanks man for putting in all your leg work on this GTG. I bet it is going to be a real blast. It is people like you that make this fun. I think the owner of the local Chev dealership and one of his salesman are going to come with me or meet us for the GTG. They both drive WBH...1 black, 1 white. I might not be able to confirm till the day of.

Back