• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Southwestern Ontario Cruise

pydpiper said:
Is there enough of us out here? Looking to put something together for the summer of 2003.
I have noticed several Ontario members on the CAFCNA forums. February 5 is the last day that events can be submitted to the Avalanche Zone magazine and still be included. You should select a date that works for you and then contact the magazine editor. If your event is listed, it will help inform others who would like to attend. And in the meantime, we can look for other members local to you that might be interested so that you can contact them directly.

Just find a landmark or a fun event in your area, pick a date, and inform the magazine. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll see if I can help.

Good luck!

Hey pydpiper this sounds great count me in..We are just SE of the GTA..Our Northface is just itching to go go go!!!

VICHO!
This weather must make you miss home!
Ok, hows this.
Friday, June the 13th. There is a small town on the north end of lake Erie (2.5hrs from Toronto) called Port Dover, now, this town on Friday the 13th is exploding with things to do, it is very similar to Bike week in Daytona, and almost as big. In my opinion this would be a perfect spot to start a cruise. The theme there being motorcycles of course but the collection of people is one you will never forget. If a waterfront run sounds good to you then let me know and we can cement it in and work on some details..
Pydpiper

Count me in..... But Port Dover on the 13th........It would be a great place but with the influx of bikers I doubt we would find any where to meet where you could find parking.Glad to see that some one has taken the inititive to try to start a cruise. Hats off to you pydpiper!!!! ;D.... Does anyone have an idea of how many Ontaio members we have? There are sure enough Av's running around. Keep me informed...... would really like to get something happening up here for sure... If you need any help pydpiper just im me and i'll try to help....

Rethinking Dover on the 13th...Good point NatsCanAv, that would make for a rough start.
Ok, check the calander, May 10th, not only quieter down there but it's also 4 weeks sooner!
If this date is ok, then Boar-Ral can help us hunt down more members with his generous offer of putting us in the magazine. In the meantime Im confident we will see many more of us coming around.
Pydpiper

pydpiper said:
If this date is ok, then Boar-Ral can help us hunt down more members with his generous offer of putting us in the magazine. In the meantime Im confident we will see many more of us coming around.
I can help to locate other Ontario members for you. (I usually just look at threads and look for their location.) If you finalize the date to be in May, it will not appear in this edition of the magazine though. (It will appear in a future one for May, June, and July, I would imagine.) You could contact the magazine editor at editor@chevyavalanchefanclub.com if you have any questions for him. If you do decide on a February, March, or April date, remember that it must be submitted to that same e-mail address by tomorrow, February 5, 2003.

I'll keep an eye out on this. Good luck with it!

Yes maby may 10 would be a better time pydpiper. Go with that to get it into the magazine for now we can always inform members who are going to participate of any date changes as we go. Lets shameleesly keep this on the front page for the next little while so we can try and snag as manny Ontario member as possible. I'm sure we will have some interest from south of the boarder as we are so close and they can come up here for free.... well almost free anyway..... Our dollar went over 66 cents today we might be able to aford to go south if it goes up anymore ...lol...

NatCanAv

pydpiper said:
Thanks Boar-Ral, Im going to cash in on your offer to help, lets find as many of us as we can and get this ball rolling.

Go for it pydpiper lets get the ball rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :B:

Unfortunatly after several attempts at emailing the editor my mail continues to be returned to me. If this post is found by someone who can help..please do. Today is the deadline.
On a more reliable note..My co-pilot and I have begun to plan a days events for Saturday May the 10th, our inital thought is to begin in Port Dover(or close) and continue west along the water ending in Port Stanley. These plans are tentitive only and will be adjusted to accomidate all members. Port Stanley is a good destination soley because it will drop us off at the 401, for those of us who will be traveling.
Pydpiper.

pydpiper said:
Unfortunatly after several attempts at emailing the editor my mail continues to be returned to me. If this post is found by someone who can help..please do. Today is the deadline.
On a more reliable note..My co-pilot and I have begun to plan a days events for Saturday May the 10th, our inital thought is to begin in Port Dover(or close) and continue west along the water ending in Port Stanley. These plans are tentitive only and will be adjusted to accomidate all members. Port Stanley is a good destination soley because it will drop us off at the 401, for those of us who will be traveling.
Pydpiper.
Check your email.

Erick
Editor - Avalanche Zone

Looks like it will be listed in the mag! Come on boys and girls lets get some interst happening here. I'm sure there are more than 2 of us in Ontario with Av's,who are members here...... Just another attempt to keep this on the front page..... :B:

It looks like Erick helped you to get things in order - congratulations!

I am scouring the forums for members and am going to ask the powers that be if there is a way to get a helping hand. :)

It's all coming together now! See NatsCanAv, our hard work is paying off..
Boar-Ral, Luv2boat many thanks for the help!
Tonight I will be scouring the posts with Boar-Ral in search of local members. Like NatsCanAv says, there has to be more than two of us..

Welcome aboard canadianavalanche! Maby a planning gtg will be in order as i wish it was closer also. Keep wathching this thread for updates and local members to post.

NatsCanAv

jdsmd said:
This ?sounds like a fun day.

Thanks for putting it in my back yard.

Please keep me informed.

:cool:

jds

I guess you won't be expecting the furthest travelled award,jdsmd! Good to see some more interst happening!

NatsCanAv

Sounds like a plan... Subject to avaiability I should be in. Trying to get some Canadian Group buys going, I have access thru my truck dealerships (heavy Duty) to some great pricing on some AV accessaries.

Have a group Buy for Cargo Pro ready to go just need the approval of the Chief

FRTOTT said:
Have a group Buy for Cargo Pro ready to go just need the approval of the Chief
Definitely keep us updated on this. It would be nice to have a group buy on the CargoPro for Canadian members. I may ask the local reseller what sort of deal they can provide as well. I called them recently regarding purchasing a single one and their price was the same as the initial pricing for CAFCNA members. ($595 USD plus shipping.) I am interested in what sort of deal they could provide for group purchases then. :)

Hey fellow Ontario-ians, can I say that???

Anyways, I am here, no need to look for me. I am from Oshawa, just east of Toronto.

Sounds cool...Keep me posted!!

Back