• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Alaska Avers ? Holla If Ya Hear Me

Artic-AK-AV

SM 2003
I know that Gluggo and Alaska-Av post pretty regularly. Are there any others from the frozen north? I would like to try and get us together. I live in Kenai. But a trip to Anchorage isnt outta the question. post your reply and ideas for a GTG here ;D

Oh carp! I was asleep at the wheel. Thanks for the wake up

The Fur Rendezvous Grand parade

Anchorage Alaska

Saturday, February 15, 2003 at 11:30

The deadline for application is January 10 :2:

It's $40.00 for non commercial entry's.

one category is Auto but it says Maximum-5. Monday I will call them and get more info about that. I've seen more corvettes than that? maybe for every five Av's we have to have another entry---suck-o-la

The link to entry form is
http://www.furrondy.net/applications/2003 Grand Parade.pdf

Any and all Alaska AVers are welcome to come along. I'd hate to be in another parade alone :cry:

I will try to update my anchorage club listing, now were did I leave that password?

Avers taking over Fur Rondy >:D Im in!! So im assuming its 40.00 per 5 entries? Come on we need to get 5 of us atleast ;D

I talked Monday to the Rondy office,
They cut back on the amount of autos from a club, from 10 to five. To expedite a hour and a half long parade. Something about, keeping the people watching from freezing to death or something. ;D

More than 5 auto's would require another 40 bucks and in by the 10th. This is also up to getting the permission of the Fur rondy task force....

So I'm applying for 5 AV's

I guess the 5 AV's to be in the parade, if we even get 5, Would be the first 5 that say yes. Any other AVers could meet up with us at a lunch site after the parade. Any other Ideas to help round out the day?

Gluggo has replied saying he's interested. With Artic AV that makes 3 so far. I'm waiting to here from 3 more that I pm'd.

Jon

Jon, PM me where i can send 1/2 of the entry. There are several avers here in Kenai ill talk to them trying to get 2 more

Artic, pm'd you.

Ok were signed up. Alaska chapter is ready to plan to Rock the great Alaska Fur Rendezvous!

Rockin Rondy is the theme. I don't want to go fifty's style so lets find a better idea :0:,........PLEASE

Ok, I have updated the CAFC, active club listings with the basics

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cgi/webdata_cruise.pl?cgifunction=Search&club_city=Anchorage

And the CAFC calender to include our meet

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?action=calendar

Guess they want something to say on TV as we drive by >:D
so our description is:

Alaska chapter of the CAFC. members from the kenai, mat-su and anchorage. A club of Avalanche enthusiast started on the internet jan 02. With 5000 members spanning from Scotland to Australia and the USA. Come join us in the first annual Avalanche meet in Sturgis south Dakota july 03.

Still working on a 'good car wash'

And a start place. Time?

Hit the snow and Ice sculptures?

Alaska sales & service is having Antique Auto show, Maybe try a drive buy or crash there party. I'll stop buy there and ask whether we can set up or something for a wile?

Quit time 5 pm?

Just scored a reader board, from the Am-vets post 9, to use in the parade.

I think it will be cool to have who we are
and Chevy Avalanche Club.com
rolling by on my roof?
It will save on some banner making I think.

Now that would be awsome, johncw! (y)

Now that makes it five interested.

Now if you have any ideas, feal free to express them.

type ya later
AKAV

oh carp lost my spell checker, in rebuilding my computers operating system. hell it's easyer to mod my AV, than my computer >:D

This doesn't pertain to you posts but if I can get some help from fellow AVers.

My wife and I are going to Alaska on vacation in July, we were wondering if you had any information or recommendations for our trip. We have a time share in Anchorage so that is where we are going. We would like to do some exploring and FISHING. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, we will be flying, only have one week but would like to rent an A/V if one of the rental agencies have one.

Thanks,

Mark AKA KillerMWD

killermwd@hotmail.com

BigTex said:
Any fellow A/Vers out there in Alaska that have any good advice on my previous message?

Thanks,

KillerMWD

Good advice, no. Gee I thought we could stall you a little longer killer. Are the pain meds not working any more? >:D Hope your OK :)

I can't think of any rental co's that would have an AV. Most have explorers and expeditions. But check on line. we have the normal rental outlets.

For fishing, get out of Anchorage. Seward or the Kenai and Homer. 200 mi out of Anchorage.

July, ain't that the wrong way for the national meet. I plan on attending that so we will probably miss you.

The State of Alaska has a web site that is fairly good about places to go and see.

There is only 2 ways out of Anchorage. One end has a Wal-mart and the other end has a Fred Meyers. Just pick any motor-home to fallow, since you'll never be-able to pass them anyway, and they will lead you to neat places >:D

Feel free to ask any more questions

Jon

Alaska_AV,

Thanks for the responce, I thought the lines froze there or something. Pain meds are no longer needed, don't like to use them unless needed. I know the timing isn't the best but it is our 15th anniversary and the wife want's to go to Alaska. I think my other option is Fairbanks or something like that. I don't care about city life, we have that. I would like to have Great fishing close, not real tourist oriantated "from Orlando". Thanks for the info and any other info folks can give. I am active Military so I do have access to the bases.

KillerMWD

Ok I found this post. ?I do not normally do things like this but you can count me in. ?If you want to give me a email or call please do. ?Let me know where to send payment if possible. ?Look forward to meeting some of the AV members. :)

Ok Fellas Ive been Offshore :D: im back and ready to run over fur rondy ;D Jon ill pm you .... how many confirmed you got?? :cool:

Hey Killer- ? Mrs Alaska _AV here, just a little more info for tourist in our Great State - 1st do arrive in Anchorage - Fairbanks doesn't have much to offer until you get out of it. ?Do rent a vehicle - the best thing about Anchorage is that it's only 20 minutes from Alaska. ?Drive South out of Anchorage on the Seward Hwy for fishing - Homer and Seward are inlet waters and get all kinds of ocean going fish. ?Halibut, Salmon, whales, seals, eagles, puffins all kinds of wildlife available if you watch for them. ?Turnagain arm and Cook inlet are beautiful drives so plan on taking your time. ?If you go North - to our neck of the woods- you enter the Matanuska Valley. ?Beautiful mountains - Lakes, rivers and streams to fish in for salmon. ?You can drive past Sutton to the Matanuska glacier - you can eat lunch and see it from the dining room, or pay a fee and drive closer to it (not sure if they let you touch it any more - its shrinking back) Its about a 90 minute drive from Anchorage. ?Portage glacier is on the way to the Kenai Peninsula (Seward, Kenai and Homer are there) they have a nice visitors center and restaurant. ?But to get a good look at the glacier now adays you have to take a boat ride (about $20. each I think) Its really been shrinking back lately. ( 15 yrs ago you could plainly see it from the visitors center) July is smack in the middle of tourist season so reservations are recommended. ?Alaska has lots of websites hope you check them out too. ?Alaska is a very beautiful state, I'm sure you will enjoy your trip no matter where you go here. ?
You mentioned you are military - Anchorage has an Air Force base - Elmendorf , and Fort Richardson Army base.

:8: I swear to god my boss is trying to work me to death. But the good news im off friday afternoon and have the whole weekend off >:D im leaving kenai friday afternoon about 430pm and heading to anchorage. Me and the wife are staying at the golden lion on 36th street. god i had to beg for a hotel room anchorage is almost booked solid :-[

Whoho!!

Here is an Anchorage map
some car washes and the staging area

I will email all weds night with a reminder note

AK av
Artic-AK-AV
gluggo
johncw
thunder

Bring a snack, I'v been warned parades can last 4 ever it seems.

My wife and 9 year old girl are joining me Along with
a 40 something, basket case, single female step sister-in-law. >:D

Back