• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Portland Oregon/ Vancouver Washington/ Los Angeles

endeavorc

Charter Member
SM 2003
I will be in the Vancouver area on Nov 3rd thru the 6th on business. I have Sunday afternoon free, what is there to do in that area. Anybody care to GTG. bear in mind I won't have my Av :cry:

I will be in the Los Angeles area from Nov 6th thru the 8th, same thing applies except I will have Friday evening free till around 9:00p-9:30p, flight leaves at 11:00p

Thanks in advance,

endeavorc

Well...In Portland, if you're the party type, there is a nightclub called Banana Joes (if you're into wet t-shirt contests and lots of 20-somethings), or you could go to Bar71, which is for yuppie 20-30 year olds. Or there's Kell's, which is an irish pub type of place. If you're not into the nightlife, you can go up NW 23rd. Start at 23rd and Burnside. It's a really cool area for shopping, restaraunts, coffee shops, markets... It's a really diverse area. Also, Powell's bookstore is a must see. It's at about 10th and Burnside. They have floors and floors of every bood imaginable, new and used. This place is amazing!!! Have fun in Portland!!!

Thanks for the tips :cool:

I will actually be staying in Vancouver (just over the river) how far away would the area you are talking about be?

I am more of the non-partying type, I consider myself more of a social gatherer :D

Anybody else??

Sad to say but I am getting to old :6: for the bar scene. I did too much back in college with the weekend trips down to Juarez, Mexico. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Vancover is just across the river from Portland. A lot of people from WA cross the river to shop and stuff here because we have no tax.

Sure let me know what some of your interests are and time allowed - there is a ton to do or see here. It all depends on how much you want to see/do, when, how long you get to explore.

Just let me know. We could at least grab a bite.

pdxkevin,

My flight arrives at 11:54 AM at Portland, I figure it will take me till about 1:30P to get the rental and to get to the hotel. So anytime after that is good with me.

I would like to see some of the mountains and trials and what not. Lunch would be a good start, I am sure I will be hungry since I am leaving Cleveland at 6:30.

As long as I am back to the hotel by 10:00 I have pretty much the whole day.

Thanks again,

endeavorc

You are only about 10-15 minutes away from the downtown area, same for NW 23rd. You should try to go to the beach also!

nf-avgirl, thanks for the beach suggestion ;D

Care to join pdx and I for some lunch and GTG. I have never been out west so I would like to see some real mountains and the beach ;D

It would be nice to meet some people from the area while I am there (y)

PDX and NF-Avgirl,

This sounds great, let me know of how to get ahold of you for when I get out there.

Thanks again

Wish I had known you were headed out west, I used to live in Washington and worked awhile in Portland. The market is a good stop on SAT. in Portland. Mt. Hood is also a good side trip if the weather is clear. The water front at Seattle was always one of my favorites. I spent about six weeks in Oregon two years ago.

Another spectacular drive is up the Columbia River on the Oregon side. Hit all the water falls. The drive up to ST Helens is nice.

I am going to be free pretty much all day Sunday after I get in at the airport. I hope to squeeze as much in as I can ;D

All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

I have had great replies for the Portland/Vancouver area but where are the suggestions for LA?

There have to be people from around the LA area ???

Where is a good place to go when I have some free time?

endeavorc said:
PDX and NF-Avgirl,

This sounds great, let me know of how to get ahold of you for when I get out there.

Thanks again

Endeavorc, check you email and/or private messages for contact info.

PDX and NF-Avgirl, I have received your information. As far as planning I am pretty much open. The problem is so much to do and see and not much time. I will love to see the coast if possible, but how close is that to the mountains like Mt Hood and the like. NF, I hope that you won't have too much work to do this weekend so you can have some decent amount of time. It's your area, you probably have a better time frame for locations.

Portland/Vancouver are between Mount Hood and the Coast. It is about an hour East to the top of Mount Hood and about 90 minutes West to the Coast. The Mount Hood is a single mountain with views of other mountains in the Cascade mountain range.

You do pass through the coastal range on the way to the coast but it is all large rolling hills covered with pine. It has the coastal rain forest. Personally, I think there are more things to do/see on the way to the coast and at the coast. (also better access to fresh seafood. So far, the coast is predicted to be sunny and just under 60.

I'm trying like crazy to get my homework done. Call me when you get available. 3pm and later on Sunday is best.

Actually my flight leaves tomorrow morning at 6:30a will be in Portland at 12:00p

See you tomorrow ;D

Thanks to PDXKevin and NF-Avgirl, I had an awesome time and you hospitality was excellent. ;D ;D I am back from my trip and had the pictures developed yesterday. Too bad I deleted the digital ones from Mt. Hood by accident. I will post the pics later. Thanks again for an awesome time ;D

Back