• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"AV Webpage Mouse Trails" - Do You Like It?

bmontini

Hey, I played around some last night, and made this...

AV Mouse Trails ?Note the AVs following your mouse around... ?I wanted to get a feel if any of you like it. ?

If any of you like it, let me know and I can put together a package to email you so you can add it on your website... ?Or I will post a link with the files needed...

Well, I guess it's a question of if you like mouse trails or not. In general I turn them off after a while, the regular one are just annoying after a while! :p But I like what you did, especially the fact that there's one of each Av color in the trail. :cool: But my preference would be not to have them, or at least be able to turn them on and off! Great work though! :)

(y) Very cool! I like to make them drive really fast at the bottom of the screen. (dragging quickly from right to left) Wish MY Av accelerated like that! :rolleyes:

Ah... the mouse trails are only on my AV pages... a little Java Script and some tedious graphics editing...

Keep the comments coming... I want to continue to improve upon this if I can...

I don't know if I can "turn them on or off" in the web page.. I will have to look into that...

They are OK for the first 2 seconds, then they get on my nerves.

I liked those mouse trails when I first visited your site....very creative!

Now maybe you could make one with hooter girls >:D

They are very creative and great, but if I spend too much time on one site they start to get on my nerves a little....not to mention play tricks with my eyes...but other than that they are great and you do good work.. :B:

They are cool looking but I quickly want to Turn Them OFF! In fact, most web pages that have them, I leave and look for another way to get my info. But since they are AV's, I can tolerate them!!

They are really cute... in small doses. I especially like the "spring loaded momentum" effect.

However, I would hate to spend a lot of time on a page with them, it would get tiring pretty fast.

These would be perfect for one of those "welcome" pages. You know, one of those pages with a neat graphic or animation, with a "click here to procede" link. Your visitor could play with the trucks all they wanted, and then not be bothered by them for the rest of the site.

As an alternative, a prominent button to turn the trucks on and off would also work. If you try this, the on/off setting should be preserved across all pages.

Very creative. I like them... mostly.

-- SS

I thought they were cool! (y) I would like to have that on my PC at work so I could have little races when I am not doing anything. I mean - when I am on my lunch break. I will just have to go to your site!

Nice work - I think it would drive me a little crazy if I had to see the trails all day

Makes me feel like I'm halucinating :rolleyes:........I see too many Avy's in my dreams allready. But looks cool non the less, top stuff :D

Back