• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New England International Auto Show at Boston Convention Center

KevMack

New England International Auto Show is at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center on Dec 3-7 2008.

This show is based around all the new 2009 cars coming out but this year they are having a "Ticked out ride display" and a local shop called me last night and asked me to be in it with them and they will pay all me fees. So if anyone goes, be on the look out for my truck. I don't know if I am going to have power to run my lights and tv's yet but I can't complain.

Check it out.....
http://www.paragonexpo.com/189_Home.html

Hey KevMack, you should check out the WAAF Tricked car contest that they are having there.

Check out this link:  http://www.waaf.com/New-England-Auto-Show/1167894

(ok, fine, I should read the entire post first - I've been meaning to post this earlier)

I usually go to these shows, because there's nothing else car related going on this time of year, but we get ripped off in New England.  None of the cool cars seem to come here.  The 2010 Camaro and Mustang have now bee unveiled.  Bring them here, so we can see them in real.  Bring a G8 St or G8 GXP.  Instead it's just a bunch of cars from local dealerships parked in a building.  Oh well.  It's better than nothing.

WarWagon said:
Hey KevMack, you should check out the WAAF Tricked car contest that they are having there.

Check out this link:  http://www.waaf.com/New-England-Auto-Show/1167894

(ok, fine, I should read the entire post first - I've been meaning to post this earlier)

I'm in the tricked out ride contest. I'm going to be in the Sema disply I guess from what I'm being told. But I know some of the cars that are going to the show too and I'm not going to win but I get to be there for free and they are having a black tie diner with the mayor or Governor for everyone thats entered so thats cool. I think WAAF need some one for there both I'll see what they say.

I dropped the truck off last night. Also I found out that I need new rims because the chrome finsh is turning brown. I noticed it when I was detailing it last night. But if anyone is looking for something to do, they got some cool rides there and some really nice new cars.

KevMack said:
I dropped the truck off last night. Also I found out that I need new rims because the chrome finsh is turning brown. I noticed it when I was detailing it last night. But if anyone is looking for something to do, they got some cool rides there and some really nice new cars.

Kev,  Any new camaros  ???

pic18 said:
I usually go to these shows, because there's nothing else car related going on this time of year, but we get ripped off in New England.  None of the cool cars seem to come here.  The 2010 Camaro and Mustang have now bee unveiled.  Bring them here, so we can see them in real.  Bring a G8 St or G8 GXP.  Instead it's just a bunch of cars from local dealerships parked in a building.  Oh well.  It's better than nothing.
JJsnowking said:
Kev,   Any new camaros  ???

I walked around last night and they do have the 2010 Camaro RS there. Also they have the Pontiac G8 GXP and the G6 GXP. Those cars are sick!!! I didn't look to see if the mustang was there cuz I don't like Ford stuff. But the 09 EXT is really nice. KIA has this thing that all hooked up that looks like a Scion so I guess they are going after that market next year, but if was pretty cool looking for a girl car, not that I would let my girl buy a KIA (krap in america).

I was sad to see that I got f@#ked out of power to my truck. So now all the stuff around me will be lit up like x-mas trees and all my strobes, neons and tvs will be off. But oh well. I left my hood shut too so the fire marshal doesn't bother me about my power wires to my amp still being hooked up.

Chevzilla AV said:
Hope to be there Saturday! Looking forward to seeing your "brown rims"!! :p

Its ok...I had my eye on some new wheels for a while now. But wrost come to wrost I can just get these wheels powder coated when my truck gets painted in a couple months. That is why my plastic is looking faded looking right now cause the guy painting it told me not to use anything on it for awhile so the paint will stick good. So pretty much my truck looks like sh*t right now but the guy running this section of the show kept calling me so I did it.

But if you wanna see something crazy wait till you see my friends white Lincoln Navigator that is next to me. I call it snake bite!!! You will see why!!!

The 2010 Mustang is there for whoever cares. I seen it last night. I'm not saying this just because I'm a Chevy fan, but the new Camaro blows the new Mustang away in the looks department!!!

KevMack, you convinced me to go to the show.  I'm glad I did.  There was actually a lot of cars that I have only seen in magazines.  New Camaro, New Mustang, Nissan GTR, Caddy CTS Wagon, CTSV, Pontiac G8 GXP, Solstice hard top, and more.  The kids loved the talking robot at the Ford display.  We had a blast.  I even made the Boston News.  I'm at the end of the interview.
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/18207080/index.html
I looked for your AV, but did not see it.  Were you there tonight?

pic18 said:
KevMack, you convinced me to go to the show.  I'm glad I did.  There was actually a lot of cars that I have only seen in magazines.  New Camaro, New Mustang, Nissan GTR, Caddy CTS Wagon, CTSV, Pontiac G8 GXP, Solstice hard top, and more.  The kids loved the talking robot at the Ford display.  We had a blast.  I even made the Boston News.  I'm at the end of the interview.
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/18207080/index.html
I looked for your AV, but did not see it.  Were you there tonight?

I wasn't there but my Avy is or someone will die...It's in the "Elite Tricked out ride" section right next to the "Corvette Cafe"

I skipped the Corvette Cafe, so I probably just missed it.  But in the back corner of the room there was a WAAF table with a bunch of tricked out cars.  It was near the Monster Truck.  I thought your AV would have been there. 

pic18 said:
I skipped the Corvette Cafe, so I probably just missed it.  But in the back corner of the room there was a WAAF table with a bunch of tricked out cars.  It was near the Monster Truck.  I thought your AV would have been there. 

No I'm in the other corner. That means you missed some of the best cars there if you didn't go over there.

Took the older version of me(dad) to the show today to let him droll over all the new cars. And yes Kev, your Avy was still there. Wouldn't have noticed the rims unless you hadn't mentioned them, it still is a good looking Avy. It made the section worth visiting. Snake Bite was sick!! Little on the "overkill" side for me, but sick non the less.

Got some pics from the show. Feel free to check them out everyone. Please keep in mind, my photo skills are more geared for the outside than in. If you guys can, help me out on the titles for the pics. I didn't write down everything I took a shot of.

http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/chevzilla04av/ne%20inter%20auto%2008/

This picture you took right here is my favorite one. I don't have to many of my dash from the front.

12-6-08004a.jpg

Glad you like the pic. I have a few more of your Avy, I just put up the few that came out good. My dad was really impressed with your dash. Are you going to do the W.O.W at the Expo this year?

Chevzilla AV said:
Glad you like the pic. I have a few more of your Avy, I just put up the few that came out good. My dad was really impressed with your dash. Are you going to do the W.O.W at the Expo this year?

I'm not sure. I didn't sign up yet and I don't know if I still can. I did it last year and it was alot of work. You have to bring your own display and everything. My friend with the Navi (snake Bite) keeps telling me to do it with him. If I do do it, I want power to run my stuff but power cost $225 last year and I don't want to waste the money.

Chevzilla AV said:
WOW!!! Great pic! His camera bag goes a little deeper than mine does.

Yeah it was a hobbie for him at 1st now he is starting to make some money off it. He got all kinds of cool lenses he uses and a good eye for shots. He took some shots of my truck with a fish eye lens once, kinda cool.

Back