• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Tweeter is going out of business

KevMack

I just wanted to let everyone know that Tweeter is going out of business and if you have a Tweeter near you then you might want to take a ride over to it and check out the deals they got. I was at the one in Boston on Sunday and they were selling the amps right off the wall cheep. They also had JL Audio 12W6 subs for $300 each. Focal caponate speakers for $60...They didn't have anything I needed but I wanted to let you guys know so you can save some money if there is something you need there.

http://www.tweeter.com/

So now their prices might be close to other retail stores for the same product. Tweeter was always WAY overpriced.

At least they didn't stick anyone by going out of business after Christmas.... (y) 

xceebeex said:
So now their prices might be close to other retail stores for the same product. Tweeter was always WAY overpriced.

Yes they were. But the deals they have on the car stuff right now is pretty cheep.

Sound Advice surely was always overpriced.

Good riddance, IMO

I'm sure Vertabatt will be happy to hear this!

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,76945.0.html

vertabatt said:
I was hoping that all their stores would burn to the ground, but this is almost as good. What a horrible business they ran.

Yes their business and their prices sucked but now they got hit with karma. But if they got some thing I need like a 50" flat sceen for $800-$900 I'm gonna be all over it.  >:D

vertabatt said:
I was hoping that all their stores would burn to the ground, but this is almost as good. What a horrible business they ran.

This is better.  Fire would have been covered under insurance and then they'd be back.

I didn't have many problems with them. They worked me a good deal on my home and car audio equipment. They were always glad to beat any internet pricing I found. I had a few probs with my install in the Av that they fixed without any hassles. They went out of their way to make me happy(which is hard to do). Maybe I just had one of the good stores...

I hate that I paid for 3 years of warranty on my equipment though and now they go out of business... :E:

They did me right on my last AV. I spent almost 15K with them but I had it installed the way I wanted it.

malinoisman said:
crap ...website is now down and the domain name is up for sale by owner..

Maybe because they went out of business about 4 years ago.... :D

Back