• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Can I Remove Fender Flairs and side trim?

USMC Hurley

Sorry for not finding the right thread for this question. But this was as close as I could get.
  Im looking to MOD my ride, and have 1 question. Is there any way to take the side plastic parts off? And if so, will it be same color as car underneath? I don't have the complete bottom plastic, only parts.

Does anyone know if you can take the plastic off of the avalanche? I have a 04 with the plastic on the side. Not the bottom, just that ugly strip of gray plastic running along the side. Any ideas on how to take it off? And if so, if the paint underneath is same color as car. any help is appreciated. Thank you! :wave:

Your talking about the cladding? If you took it off, it would look like the underneath of your hood. Painted, yes. But not finished like the rest of the truck.  :E:

Remove cladding?  Yes
Same color underneath? Yes
Look like absolute garbage?  Yes.

There are pictures around here.

One thread is enough... thanks.

I don't think he talking about the cladding.  I think he is asking about the protective molding

PIcs would help then

MichiganSilver03 said:
I don't think he talking about the cladding.  I think he is asking about the protective molding

I think he is talking about the cladding. 

He said "yea, the plastic on the side. and just over the wheels."

Better option may be to find your missing cladding pieces at a junk-yard or ebay.

Or the better option being to either provide a picture or a description that makes sense :)

Cladding isn't on wheel wheels, He is talking about molding... (y)  

USMC Hurley said:
yea, the plastic on the side. and just over the wheels.

I'm pretty sure you can take that off. I seen threads on here of people that did it. I remember seeing a silver one post up some pics on here.

This isnt my avy, but these are the parts im talking about

111.jpg

USMC Hurley said:
This isnt my avy, but these are the parts im talking about

111.jpg

I know you can remove the peices on the doors. I don't know what is under the wheel wells. Someone that has done this will jump in soon and let you know.  (y)

Yes, those can be removed easily enough.  Will have to clean and wax underneath them, but not a problem to do it.

Just wash and wax after removal and this is what you get!!  Probably not this pretty though!!!  :beating:

Attachments

• raised.jpg
    raised.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 263
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 269
That looks pretty clean looking Ski Edition, was there much goop left and how did ya remove it WD 40

MichiganSilver03 said:
That looks pretty clean looking Ski Edition, was there much goop left and how did ya remove it WD 40

Fender Flares - NO
Side Molding - YES

Flares came right off and no residual tape on the AV.  The side molding left a bunch of goop that I just rolled with my fingers and then some bug and tar remover to get rid of the film on the paint.  Wash and wax and this is what you have. 

A couple of suggestions for removing adhesives from your Av...... use a hot hair dryer. Heat it up & it'll come off a LOT easier.
If you have anything left that still needs to be peeled up, try the citrus based Goof Off (any Home Depot or Lowes type store). It removes even the toughest, nastiest adhesives easily.

So anyone have a set of the fender flares they want to unload?

Hurley I think it would look nice if you keep the flares paint them the color of the truck and get rid of the molding M O.
Dave

Back