• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sirius sportster install

dmmotorsports

I just got rid of the 03 and bought a 07 Black LTZ today.  The prob is the 03 had a SIRIUS sportster installed with lifetime subscription so I kept the radio.  The 07 has a XM pakage in it.  I need some idea on how to install the sportster and make it look good.  I need some pics.  I am going to call XM tomorrow to see how long the XM in the truck stays active for.  HELP I need ideas.  I really dont want to us the AUX in jack and have wires running down over the dash.  I think i attached a pic of the 03 install with a PAC adapter and hidden 12v adapter

Attachments

• sirius.jpg
    sirius.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 90
Is the lifetime subscription for the radio unit or you (ie. can't it be transferred)?  Or do you just like having the extra unit versus the factory look?

the lifetime subscription is for the unit from what i remember when I asked about it. 

Check out ebay.  thay have a feew mountion options tha make it look a litle more factory w/o having wires ran all over the place.  I have the Sportster Replay, they have mounting plates for it that mount it in the upper cubby.  Might get lucky and find the same thing for yours. 

I have the same dillema.  I have a sportser that I paid like $500 for the lifetime membership.  It costs 75$ to transfer the lifetime membership and you can only do it 3 times.  It's a scam.  I refuse to pay more money to transfer it to the radio in the truck.

Back