Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/18/14 07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fuel tank removal  (Read 1845 times)
red avalanche

Awards
« on: 12/22/08 07:41 PM »

Hi there. I am looking for advice. I have a 2002 avalanche and I am replacing the fuel pump. I need instruction on how to remove the quick connects on the two lines going to the pump..
I can't see how it's possible with the tank in there because of the welded in crossmember being in the way...

It doesn't appear that the tank can be removed until the lines are disconnected though...

any help or picture on how to access and disassemble these would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Jamie
02 Z71
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

My other vehicle :)

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: 12/22/08 08:02 PM »

There are many threads here already about fuel pump replacements and procedures. Use the search button and search for "fuel pump" and you will find more information about fuel pumps than you ever wanted to know.

here is one of the many threads about the procedure.

Brian

2002 Z71 Av with a few mods
2002 Toyota Tacoma
2002 Harley Ultra Classic
red avalanche

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12/23/08 06:41 AM »

I have read the information posted and it has been helpful except it seems people are not going into detail about how to separate these fuel lines..

I don't know maybe it's just me having a hard time with this....I am going to lower the tank a little and see if I can gain better access this way...hopefully nothing breaks..

Also...the truck didn't give a code for this.....is this normal?Huh It won't stay running and I am not hearing the pump run when the key is turned.

Thanks
ItsStopher
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12/23/08 07:00 AM »

I have read the information posted and it has been helpful except it seems people are not going into detail about how to separate these fuel lines..

I don't know maybe it's just me having a hard time with this....I am going to lower the tank a little and see if I can gain better access this way...hopefully nothing breaks..

Also...the truck didn't give a code for this.....is this normal?Huh It won't stay running and I am not hearing the pump run when the key is turned.

Thanks

Welcome! to the club  Wave

Did you see this?
MooseAlanche
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

The Moose Is On The Loose

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12/23/08 02:52 PM »

Welcome! to CAFCNA red avalanche Let us know how you make out with it.

Pete
05 Black Avalanche 5.3L, Z71, Cladded, Chrome Brush Bar, Speed Grille, SS Nerf Bars, Fire & Ice Tailgate LED, Lund Bug Shield, Putco Tailgate Handle Cover, K&N #77 Cold Air Intake, PowerAid TBS, MagnaFlow SS CatBack. Since Joining CAFC: Amber FTDRL, LED Sail Panel Lights, Amber LED Grille Lights, Door Pocket LED's, Mag Lite, 3rd Brake & Tailgate Decals, Cargo Light, Billet Gas Door, Tailgate Cup Holders, Backup Cam, I Pod2car, WoLo Horn, PlasmaGlow Xeon Bulbs, Window Tint, Tailgate E-Z Up, HyperTech
red avalanche

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12/23/08 04:11 PM »

It's done and the problem is solved. No thanks though to the engineer who designed the quick connects. They are abosolutely stupid!!!

They should be named impossible disconnects Beating

Anyway...it runs great again. Just so you know...mine didn't throw any codes when the pump went..

Thanks again...Merry Christmas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: