• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How many 4x4 (non Z-71) owners are here?

AVortec

Hopefully this wasn't posted before. I see a lot of Z-71s out there. So, how many of us are non Z-71 4x4 owners?

Mine is the black one in the center! :D

Thanks for the pic spacegator!

Attachments

• Kirk AV 002.jpg
    Kirk AV 002.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 958
Mine is just the basic 4x4 as well. Thought about changin the sticker to say 24x4 since I have 24 inch wheels lol

:wave: The 4x4 versions mechnically are basically the same as the Z71 versions. The base 4x4 versions are missing the front skid plates, have cloth interiors and haven't any streering wheel control buttons. Other than that same same...........................03 WD another 4x4 owner

03whitediamond said:
:wave: The 4x4 versions mechnically are basically the same as the Z71 versions. The base 4x4 versions are missing the front skid plates, have cloth interiors and haven't any streering wheel control buttons. Other than that same same...........................03 WD another 4x4 owner
Ya mine's pretty basic. As far as I can figure the only extra option mine came with is leather seats. Maybe these "4x4 only" trucks are the rarest of the Avs?

03whitediamond said:

This is incorrect.

I have the 4x4 model and it is anything but basic.  It is fully loaded wtih leather power heated seats, dual digital climate controls, Bose System, Steering wheel controls.  It has everything except a sunroof and luggage rack.

The Z66 is 2wd and they can still have all the other options too.

ck22 said:
This is incorrect.

I have the 4x4 model and it is anything but basic.  It is fully loaded wtih leather power heated seats, dual digital climate controls, Bose System, Steering wheel controls.  It has everything except a sunroof and luggage rack.

The Z66 is 2wd and they can still have all the other options too.
The best feature on yours is black paint!  (y) Nice looking truck btw. I have all the options you mentioned as well except I have a luggage rack but no steering wheel controls. I also have no running boards, no frame mounted trailer hitch and no mini antennas on the roof. It's weird how these trucks are optioned so differently.

I think in 05 steering wheel controls, dual climate and power drivers seat are standard. I believe the z-71 is the skid plate, bilstien shocks, 3.73 or 4.10 gears and a sticker.

Wrong ? Contare........I did mention the base model 4x4 weren't equipped with certain items, skid plate.IE. Not that they couldn't have been ordered with the majority of the Z-71 amenities. Mine also has stock 3:73 gearing, running boards, tow package, but its still non leather, non sunroof, non factory roof rack. Many options were available  :cool:

I factory ordered my 1500 4x4 in April 2001, only options were 4x4/sport leather seats/side steps. Swapped it three years later for my loaded '04 Z71 because I loved the Arrival Blue and sunroof among other options I didn't order on the '02. I could have ordered skid plates and G80 locking rearend but that would have cost more than a Z71 package wich included the 17' wheels, Bilstein shocks and heavy duty rubber floormats.

The 2500HD 4x4 shouldn't count, pretty sure skid plates and G80 locker were standard so it's basically a Z71 on steroids.

You don't see many 1500 4x4s without the Z71 package.

I have a loaded 2004 that I bought in 2008. It has everything except a roof rack which I will be adding soon.

Attachments

• 20080813-Avalanche-04 (Medium).jpg
    20080813-Avalanche-04 (Medium).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 907
I guess yours would look something like this with a roof rack...

Av2.jpg

And no running boards/nerf bars  :rolleyes:

VolDog said:
I have a loaded 2004 that I bought in 2008. It has everything except a roof rack which I will be adding soon.

When you say everything do you mean it has the G80 rear end and skid plates ?

Just those two items separate cost more than the Z71 package

I have an '05 WBH DMG 4x4 that's pretty loaded as well, but with cloth interior. I have the towing package, Bose w/ 6 disk changer, power everything, including sunroof.  :B:

I just LOVE those steering wheel controls!  :love:

A 2002-2006 Avalanche had different options available each model year.

Simply put 4x4 was an option as was a Z-71 offroad option package that included 4x4

The Z71 package was 4x4, skid plates, G80 locking rear, Bilstien shocks, 17" wheels, heavy duty rubber floor mats,.. maybe I missed sometihng. You could pretty much order all that stuff with a 4x4 too, cost more than the package. Everything else like sunroof, sidesteps, steering wheel controls, roofrack have nothing to do with whether it's a Z71 or 4x4

Flint4x4 said:
A 2002-2006 Avalanche had different options available each model year.

Simply put 4x4 was an option as was a Z-71 offroad option package that included 4x4

The Z71 package was 4x4, skid plates, G80 locking rear, Bilstien shocks, 17" wheels, heavy duty rubber floor mats,.. maybe I missed sometihng. You could pretty much order all that stuff with a 4x4 too, cost more than the package. Everything else like sunroof, sidesteps, steering wheel controls, roofrack have nothing to do with whether it's a Z71 or 4x4
So, it sounds like you could get a loaded Z-71 or a loaded 4x4. Not that it matters but I still think there are less Avs with 4x4 stickers... It looks like a Z-71 offroad is a tad better equipped than a 4x4 (skid plates, G80 locking rear, Bilstien shocks, 17" wheels, heavy duty rubber floor mats) if that matters to the buyer. I didn't really care when I bought mine - it just happened to be available as a 4x4. I'm still learning about the differences in these trucks. Thanks for the good info.

I have a 4 X 4 that's not a Z71 >:D

MichiganSilver03 said:
I have a 4 X 4 that's not a Z71 >:D

That's what I was trying to explain, your truck is a 2500HD with 4x4 option. some chose 2WD
I don't see many 1500 4x4 or 1500 2WD that don't have the Z71 or Z66 package.

In some parts of the country it is more common but overall most 1500 AVs had the Z71 or Z66 option

I picked up an 05 1500 4x4 with 58K on it.

Victory red, has 22's that I'm trying to get rid of.  That's the only thing I don't like about it.  Has the Chrome appearance package with chrome door handles, tailgate handle, and bug shield. 

Love the Avy, almost chopped a few of my old Suburban's up to create an older one, but got sick of owning vehicles with over 200K on them.  They still worked fairly well, but needed a bit more TLC than I was wanting to put into them.

front.jpg

Mine's a cladded 2500  4x4 '02 with pretty much the same as others... heated leather power seats with settings, full console, power sun roof, roof racks (now with light bar added), stock cd player not Bose.   

Back