• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07-09 EXT...some say Escalade EXT some just say Escalde on the tailgate?

ductman

I just noticed that my new 08 EXT just says Escalade on the tailgate while others say Escalade EXT...I was just wondering why this is?...has anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

• ext rear.jpg
    ext rear.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 504
  • no ext.JPG
    no ext.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 500
more

Attachments

• rear emblem.jpg
    rear emblem.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 489
  • rear no ext.jpg
    rear no ext.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 491
You've noticed a subtle difference between the legitimate EXT's and the "grey market" ones. The ones without the EXT on the rear were made in China.

That's a first for me never notice it, but I do like the made in china joke.

could be early years  like my 07 LTZ ( original date bought in may 06 )  came without chrome doors handles an no chrome grill ,after 07 came in their year they had chrome doors handles and chrome grill, something like that happened to the EXT letters in my opinion  (y)

I know this is old but about the avalanches and chrome handles... they didn't start sticking chrome on them until late 08 and the ones you see with chrome from 2007 have the chrome accents package added. i have a later year 07 and it has no chrome on it because of the package... but i think all that chrome looks ridiculous  :p

Back