• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Plow on my new EXT.

ductman

I was able to use the center section of the hitch from my '05 and mount it between the frame rails.  The hole is dead center of the license plate.  It is perfect!  I cover the hole with the plate when not in use.  The only negative is that the pin hole is behind the bumper so you have to reach under to put it in...no big deal.  I use a ATV winch and relay to bring it up and down so I don't have to get out of the truck.  The plow itself is a snowsport brand...is small and light, but plows like you would not believe!  It is the 3rd truck I have had it on.

Attachments

• IMG_0420small.jpg
    IMG_0420small.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 686
  • PLOW2.jpg
    PLOW2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 674
  • 3449236723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2323%3D858%3D737%3D3232858646%3C33nu0mrj.jpg
    3449236723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2323%3D858%3D737%3D3232858646%3C33nu0mrj.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 678
Quite showing me those pix. I saw the last pix at the end of last winter and almost went out and bout a quad with a plow set up. :E: gotta save money for GTG's and Mods

On a real note. That setup looks great

OMG is right :eek: that's awesome dude (y)

Now that's plowing in style!!  (y)

Can you show/take more pics of how it is mounted in the front. 

I can't say I'm an EXT fan, but I sure love seeing a truck to truck work!  (y)

Brian..you forgot the salt spreader in the bed  :laugh:

I have looked at that brand of plow for home use myself.  Using the ATV winch sure sounds like it solves some problems.  I also like the kick up feature the plow has as part of its design features.  Could you please take some more detailed photos of the receiver to frame set-up so the rest of us can learn from your experience.

Thanks!

ductman said:
I was able to use the center section of the hitch from my '05 and mount it between the frame rails.  The hole is dead center of the license plate.  It is perfect!  I cover the hole with the plate when not in use.  The only negative is that the pin hole is behind the bumper so you have to reach under to put it in...no big deal.  I use a ATV winch and relay to bring it up and down so I don't have to get out of the truck.  The plow itself is a snowsport brand...is small and light, but plows like you would not believe!  It is the 3rd truck I have had it on.

For sure the most luxurious snow plow in the world. 

Is that a military base sticker on the front of your trucks?

AVnFun said:
:eek:   OMG thats just plain crazy.. But I like that idea, just not sure I would do that to my EXT.

you wouldn't ever get the chance to use it in florida!

this is too cool!  please show the front receiver pics under the license plate

they sell them here  snowsport

http://www.agricover.com/index.php/products/category/C137/?gclid=CMbtzuuknJwCFc5L5QodZyl-eA

Back