• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Refinish Restorer in Ontario

djhype7

SM 2008
SM 2007
The hot restoring product for our Ay cladding parts!  Refinish Restorer cost me $29.95 plus tax for a 1 litre bottle at the local auto paint supply store.  (y)

in spring im debating to go with RR or inquire about gatorback at the dealership.
i think ive seen RR in canadian tire

Let me know please where you got yours...

I'm not sure if I need to use it just yet as my 06 cladding looks pretty good to me. I've seen some impressive before and after pics and when the time comes I'll be looking for some. Did one litre do your truck?

Hey guys?I was given information on where to buy CarSystem RR by sending an email to.... dave@carsystem.ca  he was the sales manager for Ontario Region last spring and I assume he still is?his name is Dave Purgavie?he replied to me very quickly but if you want to call him the number is  514.745.5959 Ext. 301?the complete address is CARSYSTEM Distribution Inc.
1405 Saint Amour
Ville St-Laurent, Quebec
H4S 1T4

Email  info@carsystem.ca

My AV isn?t cladded and I didn?t use even half the liter to do two coats on all the plastic on mine so one can should be more than enough for a cladded AV

Any CarQuest parts store will either have it or be able to get it for you.  (y)

I can't wait for all this crappy white stuff on the ground to go away so I can give the Avy a nice bath, and get this RR on everything.

$.50 cotton wax applicator pad. Pour it on the pad and rub it on. Stand back and let it dry.

Gotta start with clean cladding.............

according to this thread
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,90475.0.html

tigercub said:
got  my RR yesterday for 28 dollars at CarQuest in Hamilton.

what do u apply it with...a sponge then polish with cloth?
The guy at CarQuest where I got mine said a clean, lint-free cloth works perfectly.  You're not going to attempt applying it in this weather, are you?????

Well , today is well over 50 and I decided to put the R&R on. Goes on easy with a small sponge and looks really good!

I'm happy as long as it lasts a while....

(y)

iwent yesterday to a car quest store in shelburne its new they dont know what refinish restorer is has anybody a partnumber or picture i can copy, thanks ???

i tried now for 2weeks to find refinish restorer got a email from the salesman told me in brampton carquest tried there nobody knows it same as in hamilton,guelph, anybody has a other place i can try,thanks. :(

I got mine at Carquest in Hamilton on Parkdale Ave.   At first I asked for "Refinish Restore" and they couldn't find it in their online inventory .The manager didn't know he had 3 cans on the shelf until I told him it was by a company named "CAR SYSTEMS", he checked on his terminal and there it was. He said something about not distributing the their products any more.... not sure.

good luck, it is worth the effort to find!!!

cant find it anywhere so far in ottawa..2 carquests, a napa, auto parts extra, i got a number for nappas body shop branch so thats next to try. i did find that 303 product at an rv dealer tho.

i have no luck either tried carquest in [shelburne brampton hamilton fergus orangeville  guelph] and i email the salesman from the stof he give me the carquest in brampton  they didnot know it, i almost give up its made in quebec dont understand why we have such a hard time finding it,bought in the meen time back to black its not great i read. (n)

Found out Cmax (division of NAPA) has it in their books. the guy refuses to order it because he'd be required to order a whole case and that would be approx $240. so having the other 5 litres sitting on the shelf would make him lose money.

( i really doubt he was the owner so him repeating that he would lose money nearly made me snap.  :E: )

Back