• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Can your Avalanche do this?

I heard about that happening, the max speed gets messed up if the roads have alot of curves and bends.  Guy at work reported a speed in the low 100s.

I know with my Garmin eTrex that I should make sure it has a good lock before trying to get an accurate speed reading.  All it's doing is determining where it was one second and where it is the next second and how fast you have to be going to get from point A to point B in that second.  So, if I don't have a good lock and it thinks it's traveled 1000 yards in that second (it's inaccurate lock vs. it's more accurate lock a second later) than it misreads.  Otherwise, my jet ski would be doing 100mph, which is pretty far fetched, especially when it's sitting on land, on the trailer in the driveway. :)

I thought the topic was "Can your Avalanche do this? "
Not the GPS, lol.

Anywho......

Eather was the answer is yes & yes.

I don't have a limiter, and also a "little" modified engine  (1000HP+)  :cool:

I'm not sure if I can get you a picture of that, cause I herd people on "you tube" got busted and thrown in jail cause doin' that speed in a Ferrari on our highways.

j.  :B:

Back