• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where are you NM?

Tazman

SM 2003
It's been really quiet around here and just wanted to say Hi.  Does anybody still drop in to check things out?  Summer is almost here, I can't wait.  I"m not doing anything special just maybe a few mods to the truck.  Most of my time and money will be spent on the home getting things back it shape.  So what is NM doing this summer?  Hope to hear from some of you. 

L8TRS

Sounds like that would be fun, but I'm afraid that it looks like I'm the only one that is pretty much active :needhug:.  I was planning on going to Nationals in San Antonio, but doctors orders not to do long distance traveling due to my back issues and boy when he said that  :E: :needhug:, It felt like he ripped out my heart as it would have be nice to meet up with the group again and meet other new members.  Maybe one day we can get things like a Texas/NM gtg done.  I tag over and over here in my town and not one person has replied or joined.  I have even done lots of verbal tags but still no takers.  So for now I'll just keep that dream on the back burner.

Tazman  :cry:

Well, a few of us want to have a GTG out there... so maybe you will still meet a few new and see a few old members.  We will see what we can do after Nationals.  You will be missed here though  :p

Dont give up tagging... I tagged an AV back in the fall, and she just joined!  Keep the faith!

Thanks girl I will.  I know a Cloudcroft gtg was done a few years ago.  We'll talk after nationals.

Tazman  (y) :love: :B:

Tazman said:
Thanks girl I will.  I know a Cloudcroft gtg was done a few years ago.  We'll talk after nationals.

Tazman  (y) :love: :B:

Yep that would be the one... and YES, we will be revisiting that one  :love:

:welcome: cg71ewsw.  Glad to have you aboard.  Enjoy all that this site has to offer as you will have a lot of info at your disposal.  Again  :welcome: and most of all have fun.

Tazman (y)

I was just up in Cloudcroft last weekend at Bluff Springs, it beautiful! Hard to believe its only 2 hours from the desert of El Paso. A GTG would be awesome, I've never been to a Avalanche GTG.

00kidd said:
I was just up in Cloudcroft last weekend at Bluff Springs, it beautiful! Hard to believe its only 2 hours from the desert of El Paso. A GTG would be awesome, I've never been to a Avalanche GTG.

You would enjoy a GTG... they are loads of fun seeing all of the other AVs and meeting other owners.... Let's see what we can come up with. 

Maybe start with some dates that might work???  What is the temperature like there in January?

Texascwgrl said:
You would enjoy a GTG... they are loads of fun seeing all of the other AVs and meeting other owners.... Let's see what we can come up with. 

Maybe start with some dates that might work???   What is the temperature like there in January?
Cold, at least for us in Texas, lol! Its in the mountains and there is a lot of skiing and stuff up there in the winter. So, cold enough for snow, but I'd still go.

It's doable, but like 00kidd said it's pretty cold that time of year.  If it ever gets in the works someone from that area may have to look into all the campgrounds, eatery's and hotel/motels.  I'm around 5 hrs drive from there.  I'll keep in touch.

I know there are only a couple hotels/Motels in Cloud Croft.  One being the Historic Cloud Croft Inn.  There are several Camp grounds in the area.  You also have Alamogordo 16 miles down the mountain that has alot of places to stay. 

Being as I am not familiar nor have I ever been out there... who wants to step up and get this ball rolling  :cool:

Cloud Croft  :B:

http://cloudcroft.com/lodging.htm  Here is a good link that has loadging information and Camp ground information.  Presidents Day Weekend might be a good time for a GTG as it would be a three day weekend.  The only issue I see is that the Lodge at Cloud Croft will probably be full or close to full as that is also the same weekend as Valintines Day.  The Lodge is the fancy schmancy place to stay in cloud croft.  I don't know what all goes into getting  GTG going but hopefully this will be a good start. 

PS it will be cold and possibly snow on the ground that time of year in Cloud Croft. 

Looks like the first GTG in Cloudcroft was in 2002 (no posts remain that I could find).  There was an attempt to have another in 2006... Southern Regionals V.  They were planning to stay at The Summit Inn.

I know I would love to come out to see NM.

JJ

If I lived any closer i would give it a shot to try and get something together for spring time.  But I'm to far away :E:.  We do have some nice looking mountains.

What needs to be done for a gettogether?  I might be able to do it depending on the amount of time and work it takes.

cg71ewsw, give "Texas Cowgirl" a pm as she may give you some pointers on what to do.  Or maybe she will chime in.  I know Hotels or Motels will give a discount if we get so many to book and they will lower the price, som like to check if there are any KOA for trailers.  But give her a pm and she will point you in the right direction.  Good luck; I wish i could be close to give you a hand on this.

Yep... I can help.  We did a Cloudcroft GTG a few years back, when the club was new.  I did not attend, but I certain I can assist in making this happen  :B:

Email me when you can:
chevytexascwgrl@yahoo.com

Back