• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2nd Bi-Annual Pacific NorthWest Mini-Meet - Vote here!

What day would you prefer the PNW Mini-Meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chavey

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
Okay, so I've heard many things about the PNW Mini-Meet:
  • Have it earlier so that we have some better weather!
  • Have it on a Sunday since we do everything on Saturday!
  • Blah, Blah, Blah!!

So Vote - let us know when you want to get together.

This would just be a day in the park/picnic/modding GTG.  Maybe a little BBQ.  Nothing fancy.  We could do it near the same place as last time (Chehalis), we could go somewhere else (watch for other polls), etc.

This poll will run 45 days - to mid-May.  Just let us know when.

Okay, so it looks like Sunday August 23 or 30th.  Since the voting is so close, I'm just going to wait until we find a place to finalize the exact date.

So, open to suggestions about where. 

• Chehalis again?  (That park from 2 yrs ago was well set up for us.)
  • On the coast somewhere?  We could do a big bonfire/weenie roast?
  • Somewhere Else?

I think the only caveat is that it be about equal distance for the WA and OR folks, probably somewhere between Portland and Seattle.  Put up your suggestions here.

I really like that park, it was quite, roomy and had a great shelter for the picnic.  I have a croquet and a badmiton net that I can bring.  If we try and get up there a little earlier, we can do some setup and still have time to relax.  We can leave Seattle at 8am and be there by 10am.

Okay.  I agree with you Heine - that park was pretty nice.  I'm going to go ahead and try to reserve it now based upon the above dates.  Watch for thread announcing it as soon as I get it all confirmed.  (I couldn't remember the name of it so I did a Google Maps.  Gave me the name (Alexander Park) but the satellite view showed it before it was remodeled!  Had to go to MapQuest to confirm I had the right place!)

What about making this a pot luck?  There is electricity and BBQs there, as well as I can bring my own grill anyways.  But I think Pot Luck sounds more interesting and keeps some of us (okay, me!) from having to stand around cooking burgers instead of modding. 

No cost for anything - no raffle.  Just friends getting together to mod.

Was this voting thread thrown out?

It is the 30th Right?  ???

Well, sort of.  I used the voting thread to pick first choice for dates, but had to work around whatever was already scheduled.  So yes, the PNW Minimeet is on the 30th.

Back