• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My Girl Got Me a New DiabloSport Predator...

bgruhn76

SM 2009
Ok, I have the best g/f ever!!! She surprised me on Friday with a brand new toy...DiabloSport Predator for my baby!!!

I have not had a chance to mess with it much, we quickly uploaded the DS 87 Oct tune in it, and are going to tweak it later tonight hopefully.

I didn't notice any significant gains with the base DS tune, but once I need fuel, I may switch to 93 Oct and upload that tune just to see.

I'm going to do some searches on here to find best settings for my setup and go from there.

Volant CAI, Magnaflow duals, and 22" wheels

Ok, after some digging around, I found these settings for a 2002, but I'm sure these won't be the same for my 07, correct?

Spark Advance +10%
Power enrichment +2.5%
Shift timing delay -10%
Shift rev limit 5850rpm all upshifts
Shift mph raise 5mph each
Shift pressure raise 10%
rev limiter 6000rpm
speed limiter 125mph

Anyone have any clearcut settings like this for a 07+ 5.3L ? I have the U7194

Thanks.

It'll take a few miles (50 or so) before the tune you load settles in so give it some time to adjust. Also, if you tweak the "canned" tunes at all make sure you save them after tweaking so if you want to go back to that tune after trying another one it's in there.

06MonteSS is pretty much a guru with these things. I'm sure he'll chime in here sometime. He wrote a custom tune for me (he has the software to do it) so that I can run my Efans without having to use eflive or hp tuners.

You should also remove the torque management, mine was tuned with hp tuners and it made a big difference immediately.

shortydog said:
You should also remove the torque management, mine was tuned with hp tuners and it made a big difference immediately.
any of the "canned" tunes in these take it out  (y)

OBB, the canned tunes only remove the engine side of the Torque Management. The Predator wasn't designed to support the TCM in '07 and up models.

BGruhn - go to the Diablosport.com site and register, unless 06MonteSS (Lew) chimes in here. They have updated their tunes based on the revision number in the Predator, and that will definitely help you out.

Lew wrote a custom 87 0ctane tune for my '07, and I gained 35HP & 30 ft/lbs of torque to the wheel, along with upping my overall mileage by 2 mpg  (y)

MightyMouse said:
OBB, the canned tunes only remove the engine side of the Torque Management. The Predator wasn't designed to support the TCM in '07 and up models.

BGruhn - go to the Diablosport.com site and register, unless 06MonteSS (Lew) chimes in here. They have updated their tunes based on the revision number in the Predator, and that will definitely help you out.

Lew wrote a custom 87 0ctane tune for my '07, and I gained 35HP & 30 ft/lbs of torque to the wheel, along with upping my overall mileage by 2 mpg  (y)

NICE!!! I will try that as well.
06MonteSS...would you mind helping me out?
I have a friend that does tuning for DS, and we are supposed to go set up some dyno time here soon also.
I don't mind running 93 Oct at $2.20 a gal, but once it gets over $2.50 a gal, I'll switch back to 87.

If you have a friend there locally that tunes for DS, he most likely has the same CMR software that Lew does.  (y)

Matter of fact, have 2 tunes written - one for each octane. Keep them on your PC, and load them as you need them  (y)  (y)  (y)

MightyMouse said:

Thanks MM, I forgot about his being an 07  :wave:

Ok, so I uploaded the "Diablo Tune" to my truck. Filled her up with 93 oct, & adjusted for the 22" wheels/tires.

Now, at first, I didn't reallt notice much of a difference. But as I've been driving around, I've noticed a few things:

1.) MPGs are better (might just be truer reading since I adjusted tire size)
2.) Speedo is accurate now (see #1)
3.) RPMs are lower at 60mph (see #1 & #2)
4.) Better throttle response off the line and roll ons

You should notice all of the above, along with firmer, quicker shifts.

Once Lew customizes it, it should be able to engage V4 earlier, and hold it under more engine load vs popping into V8 so soon...

Congrats on the Predator.  I got MonteSS (Lew) to do my predator tune recently.  after sending a few logs (easiest if you have a laptop in the truck to hook up to) and doing  acouple wide open throttle logs I have the latest tune he sent me.  Only driven a couple miles but this 3rd version is sweet.  My truck is stock except volant intake (not CAI).

Not sure if mods will kill this reply, but I can get these tuners pretty cheap through my friend. Wholesale - $310 w/ tax + shipping obviously.

PM me if you might be interested, or maybe we could put a GB together or something. I dunno.

bgruhn76 said:
Not sure if mods will kill this reply, but I can get these tuners pretty cheap through my friend. Wholesale - $310 w/ tax + shipping obviously.

PM me if you might be interested, or maybe we could put a GB together or something. I dunno.
  Is that the KIT or just the tuner?

Tuner from Diablo is $369 + $10 shipping  I think a $50 (-+) savings is  pretty good  (y)

If that includes the $49 kit from Diablo then its $100 savings.  (y) (y)

Tango Chaser said:
  Is that the KIT or just the tuner?

Tuner from Diablo is $369 + $10 shipping  I think a $50 (-+) savings is  pretty good  (y)

If that includes the $49 kit from Diablo then its $100 savings.  (y) (y)
What is the $49 kit? If you're talking about the interface you only need a $5 serial cable and a power supply. All available from the Shack.

GET MY ds IN A COUPLE OF HOURS....
CANT WAIT .....BOY HAS MY INSOMNIA KICKED IN BIG TIME....
FEEL LIKE A YOUNG BOY AROUND CHRISTMAS AGAIN,,,,,
U7194 AND INTERFACE.
HOPE ALL GOES WELL.

LANCHE ON!

Back