Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/21/14 11:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BlueSTAR to replace OnStar - provide Bluetooth?  (Read 9051 times)
Inder

Awards
« on: 04/14/09 05:03 PM »

Has anyone seen/heard of/tried this? Looks like it can replace your OnStar system and make it for Bluetooth instead. Uses the stock On-Star buttons/functionality. Only drawback is that you can't use your OnStar, but if you guys are anything like me, you don't want to spend 15-20 bucks a month for it anyway.

http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html

Let me know what you guys think.
Inder

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 04/15/09 09:37 AM »

Bump. Anyone?
RiverCityAV

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 04/17/09 07:40 AM »

Many threads about this already, search around a little and you should find what you're looking for.  I installed this a couple weeks ago in my 07 and absolutely love it.
iggy

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/29/09 07:33 PM »

Sounds great but it cost ($275) more than a cell phone itself Shocked  If they'd drop the price in half it might be worth it for my 06 Av.  My wife drives an 08 Impala but it doesn't seem to be supporting that car.. yet.
Trey

Burnin' That Saudi Oil, so you don't have to.

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10/29/09 07:37 PM »

I got it last month for my 2004 AV (analog OnStar).  It's okay.  I have a LG Chocolate 3, and there appear to be some compatibility issues.  I can not answer calls with the blue button; I have to answer them using the button on the phone.   Also, if I stop the truck and walk away with the phone, sometimes I have to reboot the phone to get it to connect again.  I think it's just the bluetooth software on my phone.

2004 Silver Birch AV 4x4, Leather, CD-Changer, DVD, chrome steps
MODS: TRUXXX Leveling Kit, HIDs, Full-Time Amber DRLs, All-8-on-Hi-Beams Mod, A/C Vent LEDs, Metalcast Engine cover, Headlight and Backup Light Strobes, Sail Panel LEDs, 81-LED Lighted Bowtie, Color-changing LED Headlight Accents, Black Flames, 20" Dub X-Wang Wheels, Power Locking Tailgate, Train Horns, Line of Fire, Smoked Taillights.
Inder

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 11/02/09 03:43 PM »

Yeah, the price is definitely steep, but really it's about the same price as most stereo shops will charge for an aftermarket setup. I bought it and love it. No complaints from me!  Thumbs up!
omlifecrew

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 11/03/09 02:30 PM »

How do you cope with phone calls when you leave your car?  Once the doors are opened the radio goes off and you can't talk anymore.  I know that there is a feature to unsync the phone.  However this manual feature is very inconvenient.
Inder

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 11/03/09 02:54 PM »

I'm not really sure what you're asking. When I leave the car and open the door, the phone 'unsync's from the car and I can make/receive calls as usual. As far as continuing a conversation from the car to somewhere else, I've actually never come across the situation, so I'm not sure how that would work. I'll give it a shot tonight.
omlifecrew

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 11/03/09 07:28 PM »

As far as continuing a conversation from the car to somewhere else, I've actually never come across the situation, so I'm not sure how that would work. I'll give it a shot tonight.

That is what I am talking about. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
brendas2boy

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 01/13/10 05:08 PM »

This sounds like the same type of device, have you ever heard of it ?

http://www.galaxy1000.com/index.php
alramirez

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 03/02/10 04:13 PM »

Most bluetooth car kits will continue a conversation as to not hang up on the other party. You will typically need to "activate handset" on your phone to disconnect from your car or when you get far enough away this will happen automatically. When I get home and my car is in the garage, my phone will pair if someone presses  a button on the car FOB. It is a pretty common BT function. I ordered a Bluestar 2010 and can't wait.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: