• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Looking for performance with 1500 bucks

sebs50

Hey I was just looking to see what kind of performance modifications would give me the most bang for my buck (round 1500 bucks).  I own a 2003 chevy avalanche with 3 inch body lift 33" tires headlights taillights under body neons interior LEDs.  I'm pretty new to the mod business since I'm only 18 last summer was my first real experience with after market products.  So i was looking to see what wood give this bone stock 5.3 the balls to the wall attitude

well i got a 40 series flowmaster on it with a duel outlet not true duels but sounds pretty good

with that lift and those tires, to really motivate it is gonna take a bunch

gears, and probably a rocker arm upgrade would be the nest at the moment

wood u recomend a programmer or a dyno tune or something of that sort?

change diffy gears to higher ratio.
supercharger and tune.....

ive been told that superchargers and other forced induction mods are quite expensive? Could someone give me a ballpark range for a supercharger?

You won't be doing a blower for 1,500 - forget entirely about any form of FI with your budget.

I agree with the gears.  I am running 34's with 4.56 front and back and couldn't be happier.  Might be just a little over your budget, but well worth it!!  (y)

I got mine put on at 4 Wheel Parts in Nashville--I think it was around $1650 if my memory serves me correctly just looked at my receipt and the this is the breakdown for the gears:

$423.99 for 4.56 gears
$685 Installation
$12 shop supplies
$24 oil
$1250 out the door

I forgot that I bought a programmer at the same time.  Knew that I paid $1650 for something.  They made a huge difference!  Tow a TT and pulls like a dream!   :cool:

[quote authobs50 link=topic=110061.msg1729606#msg1729606 date=1239987417]
Could you tell tany difference in the off the line get up and go?
[/quote]

Absolutely!!!!  That is where the gains in performance were felt the most.  Going from 3.73 to 4.56 was a huge difference.  Thought about 4.10, but with the TT the 4.56 was the way to go.  I would definitely do the same modification again!  Good luck!!   (y)

Attachments

• camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 657
thanks for the help that sounds like something i might be interested in are there any other modifications that u have done of ur rig that you would recomend

sebs50 said:
thanks for the help that sounds like something i might be interested in are there any other modifications that u have done of ur rig that you would recomend

K & N 70 Series CAI, FM 40 and gears are the main ones I have done so far.  Gears being the one change that made the most difference. 

DougD said:
You won't be doing a blower for 1,500 - forget entirely about any form of FI with your budget.
That isn't so much true. I believe you get a a whipple super charger for around that. let me take a look

Wow thats a great price for a supercharger! Is it a quality product? and what kinda perfromance would i be seeing with it?

tmac_13 said:
That isn't so much true. I believe you get a a whipple super charger for around that. let me take a look

Where ever you found that price let me know because I'll buy it right now!!! The cheepest I seen it is $3500

Get those 4.56 gears adn then install a custom torque convertor, KY BOB talks about this, he got one off of ebay for not a lot of $$. Might want to search as I do not remember the details but I saw a picture or two of his AV SMOKIN the tires.....he did have a few other mods though.

Thanks for the help everyone! Can anyone help me out on finding a place that does a good custom tune job in ohio?

tmac_13 said:

I'm still waiting for that 1.5K whipple

Back