• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Saying Good Bye

dichris

Today marks my last day with GM, and the Oshawa Truck Plant.  In the past 25 years I have worked with a LOT of GREAT PEOPLE, they will all be missed!
This morning the last truck will roll off the line only to leave a completely empty plant that will never build another vehicle!  The end of an Era!

I wish all that worked in the Truck plant a great success on their next chapter of life, for some it will be retirement, Grow-in to Retirement, reemployment in the Car Plant and for other careers in other work forces. 

Saying good bye to 25 great years!

It is a sad day for sure.... Good Luck Chris... Those of us left will do what we can to keep the place afloat..Why Gm would close there best truck plant will always be a mystery...  :E: I'll look for you at the last truck ceremony this morning..

Nats 

I read this with a tear in my eye.  Truely the end of an era. 

I wish only the best for the both of you in what ever the future holds. 

These are dark days for the general indeed.  Lets hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

~Inez

Wow, sad to hear. Hope all works out for you and the rest there.

On a lighter note, the new plant speaks Chinese...lol...sorry, not funny really.

Sorry to hear about the plant closing.

I am sorry to hear everything coming out of washington regarding the automotive industry. It is the end of the greatest era of wonderful vehicles every known.

If you like the U.S. Mail you just love the U.S. govt car factory. By the way did you know that the U.S. Government doesn't even deliver the mail anymore?
Seriously they contract is out.

Now who wants to buy a "contracted out" automobile or truck. (If trucks will exist anymore).  :E:

I am seriously bumbed out about all this. Just when GM was building the greatest trucks and SUV's known to man.

Washington can drive their "roller skates vehicles" if they want to. I NEVER WILL.

I even wrote a song about it: Listen to it here:
http://www.larryhaydenmusic.com/eco.wma

If you like the song, share the link.

Supermobile said:
Sorry to hear about the plant closing.

I am sorry to hear everything coming out of washington regarding the automotive industry. It is the end of the greatest era of wonderful vehicles every known.

If you like the U.S. Mail you just love the U.S. govt car factory. By the way did you know that the U.S. Government doesn't even deliver the mail anymore?
Seriously they contract is out.

Now who wants to buy a "contracted out" automobile or truck. (If trucks will exist anymore).  :E:

I am seriously bumbed out about all this. Just when GM was building the greatest trucks and SUV's known to man.

Washington can drive their "roller skates vehicles" if they want to. I NEVER WILL.

I even wrote and sing a song about it: Listen to it here:
http://www.larryhaydenmusic.com/eco.wma

If you like the song, share the link.

Back