• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Lifted Nation EH!

DirtyDeeds

Does anyone know where in the Ottawa area I can buy and get installed a 6 inch suspension lift kit and not be pay a arm and a leg and kidney for. I was thinking fab tech, but any input on skyjacker or pro comp I want to keep the factor ride I have that I have I considered a 8 inch bulletproof kit but have to travel to NY and it's not cheap. The kit and all the work about 6000.00 I have a 2007 z71. Hey you guys out west in cow town  :kidding: your kind of experts on this sort of thing. All input is welcomed even from our American Pals. I want to stay away from body lifts I don't want to see my frame and I hear it messes up body alignment causing all kinds of headaches. I don't mind haing to travel a little to get the kit done but prefer as close to Ottawa as possible in case i have questions or problems and have to make return trips to the shop.

theres an avy in orleans with a huge lift..i keep meaning to get a pic or 2 of it. if i can flag him down ill ask him. Bryker might know who im talking about.

I think I've sen him once too near St. Laurent and Walkley I think it was a big red one. DUDE IF YOUR A MEMBER  HELP A BROTHER OUT :laugh: as if he can even hear me. I'll have to use my ESPN  :beating: I mean ESP to contact him. :B:

When I went to get my lift done I just started asking shops I dealt with.  Like tire places and such.  Then used my telephone and talked to them before I even wasted my time going to see them.

FYI there are lots of shops who say they do suspension lifts but really learn your stuff so you can question them properly, and out of all those guys that knew their stuff  :rolleyes:  only a few will actually be with you on the same page when you start talking about stuff outside the actual lift like gears, beefier powertrain, new rims with proper backspacing/offset, synthetic fluids, ect...

My experience was in Edmonton, AB  not Ontario though... but thought id share what I learned.

Good luck!

I see you are using a pro comp lift I have narrow my chooses down to fach tech and pro comp does your's ride like the factory suspension what's the good bad and ugly with pro comp lifts

I have a 6" Rancho lift and it rides like its not even there!! Its like a cloud

Attachments

• smoked.jpg
    smoked.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 112
slagfest said:
theres an avy in orleans with a huge lift..i keep meaning to get a pic or 2 of it. if i can flag him down ill ask him. Bryker might know who im talking about.

I know the one you are talking, he is a neighbor of some friends of ours, around the corner from where I live.  It's a black one with bushbar.

bryker said:
D-Loc,
I love your tires.  What are they?
Thanks  (y)

They are BF goodrich Allterrains 32's I want to get something a little more "beefy" though

DirtyDeeds said:
I see you are using a pro comp lift I have narrow my chooses down to fach tech and pro comp does your's ride like the factory suspension what's the good bad and ugly with pro comp lifts

Good, bad, and ugly.

Good, "kit dependent" replacement rear coils not blocks, new shocks 4way, new front driveshaft, CV angles stay almost streight, and you can "use" your stock rims.  If you max out the tire it will rub with stock rims... but you can get by on it.

Bad, like most kits the 6" is a 6" front lift and 4" rear (IE back of Av is 2" higher stock 2+4=6)  gives a completly level ride, looks ok, but not a true 6" lift all round.

Ugly, with the level ride, and longer articulation springs and shocks, the back end really rides down when towing weight.  Such that it caused rubbing (with stock rims mind you) when cornering at speed.  Not the end of the world but a PITA, could be corrected by tire/rim choice, and/or Rear airbags like I had done.

All in all, I think the procomp is at the top of the class.  If I were to do it again I'd look at Fabtec as the only alternative, just because they have a dual-steering stabalizer kit that is only usuable with their lift kit systems.  Other then that and procomp not having an 1500 Av supported steering stabalizer (the fabtec single will work) Procomp is a great kit!  2 thumbs Up!  (y)  (y)

Hope this helps a bit!  :B:

SurvivalFreak said:
Good, bad, and ugly.

Good, "kit dependent" replacement rear coils not blocks, new shocks 4way, new front driveshaft, CV angles stay almost streight, and you can "use" your stock rims.  If you max out the tire it will rub with stock rims... but you can get by on it.

Bad, like most kits the 6" is a 6" front lift and 4" rear (IE back of Av is 2" higher stock 2+4=6)  gives a completly level ride, looks ok, but not a true 6" lift all round.

Ugly, with the level ride, and longer articulation springs and shocks, the back end really rides down when towing weight.  Such that it caused rubbing (with stock rims mind you) when cornering at speed.  Not the end of the world but a PITA, could be corrected by tire/rim choice, and/or Rear airbags like I had done.

All in all, I think the procomp is at the top of the class.  If I were to do it again I'd look at Fabtec as the only alternative, just because they have a dual-steering stabalizer kit that is only usuable with their lift kit systems.  Other then that and procomp not having an 1500 Av supported steering stabalizer (the fabtec single will work) Procomp is a great kit!  2 thumbs Up!   (y)  (y)

Hope this helps a bit!   :B:

Thanks for the info  (y)

I just now noticed skyjacker has a 6 in kit too that stated you can return the truck to stock no cutting the differental like fachtech and procomp anyone have any though on that.

Well that might be a nice option to return to stock for resale, but the way i see it... your gonna need to beef up other things (front end) with the truck as they wreck due to extra stress of the lift and big tires, so after dumping all the money on tie rods, pitman arms, crap like that to pull off the kit and sell the truck is not an viable option IMO.  Unless your buying the same truck again the likliehood of the liftkit fitting isn't a good chance. 

Basically I wouldn't base my decision of which lift kit to buy on the ability to remove it later.  Once you get lifted you'll never wanna get rid of your baby anyways  :p

Overdrive said:
DirtyDeeds,

Did you decide which kit to go with? I have an 07 LTZ that I plan to lift. Thinking 6" right now.

Ya I'm going with a skyjacker kit because there is little to no trimming of the differential case  bracket and "they say" you can return the truck to stock if you wanted to sell we will see about that in my opoin the less modifying the better the fit and less problems in  the end i hope now it's getting the money together  and finding time to get the truck to the shop to get it done

Looking through the Skyjacker install notes there is cutting to the frame but looks like the diff gets left alone.

Do you have autoride on your Av? I do and was planning to use the non-autoride kit and remove the autoride by using the front strut replacement kit from Skyjacker. My Av has 150kkm on it so I don't want to be replacing the autoride shocks in the near future, I don't expect they last forever.

We went with the Cognito 7-9" kit and did it at home. With all the little extra things (like tires, etc.) we spent under $6000. Eric completed it in a weekend (by himself) and it rides great. Better than when it was stock.

Before....

100_0574.jpg

After....

100_1095.jpg

Overdrive said:
Looking through the Skyjacker install notes there is cutting to the frame but looks like the diff gets left alone.

Do you have autoride on your Av? I do and was planning to use the non-autoride kit and remove the autoride by using the front strut replacement kit from Skyjacker. My Av has 150kkm on it so I don't want to be replacing the autoride shocks in the near future, I don't expect they last forever.

No Autoride here a quote I got  Skyjacker, it will come complete with everything required to lift 6". Price to you is $2,943.86 plus tax (shipping included in price). Install is $640.00, wheel alignment is $60.00. Supply and install price is $4,117.56 tx inc.

Can Eric Come install Mine  :kidding:

rangercliff said:
We went with the Cognito 7-9" kit and did it at home. With all the little extra things (like tires, etc.) we spent under $6000. Eric completed it in a weekend (by himself) and it rides great. Better than when it was stock.

Before....

100_0574.jpg

After....

100_1095.jpg

That looks so sweet!!!

DirtyDeeds said:
No Autoride here a quote I got  Skyjacker, it will come complete with everything required to lift 6". Price to you is $2,943.86 plus tax (shipping included in price). Install is $640.00, wheel alignment is $60.00. Supply and install price is $4,117.56 tx inc

$640 Install... that's a great deal I paid double that for mine...  :rolleyes:

Go 4 IT!

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like that is skyjacker's estimate for someone else to install the kit, just to give you and idea. Unless you are having Skyjacker install it for you. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

HIM8NINS said:
No Autoride here a quote I got  Skyjacker, it will come complete with everything required to lift 6". Price to you is $2,943.86 plus tax (shipping included in price). Install is $640.00, wheel alignment is $60.00. Supply and install price is $4,117.56 tx inc.

Can Eric Come install Mine  :kidding:

I'm deciding between the Rancho kit (supposedly 5.75"/4") and the Skyjacker 6" kit. Is your quote from a local shop in Cdn$? What part numbers did they quote for the Skyjacker kit?

Back