• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What is your FAVORITE STI memory??

trAVelingman

Silent Avalanche RIP
I have been to several STI events in the past, and one particular thing sticks out in my mind above all else.  At one of the STI's Charity Raffles my wife, trAVelingman's widow, was bidding on a basket that they were raffling off.  Widow place a bid, and someone raised it.  Widow upped the ante and, once again, the bid was raised.  At this point, the price of the basket was getting a bit high so I looked back and, lo and behold, the person bidding against her was none other than our oldest son Chris.  Every time Widow would place a bid, grnxnam or KRUKEDWAYS would hand Chris some more money and Chris would outbid her..........Chris WON the bidding and the basket, but then walked across the room and handed the basket to his momma...... :love:

Cherish the memories!!

What's yours?

My favorite moment was at that same STI.  My son is a golf fanatic and there was a basket full of golf goodies that he wanted in the raffle. So he took all of his money and bought raffle tickets just for that basket.  When Huggy drew the winner, my son did not win.  My son was so upset he started to cry.  Some other Cafcna members (Crazyglue, Intimidatoruag, and a few others) started putting there money together and offering it to the original member who had won that basket, I believe they collected close to $100.  The winning member finally agreed to give up the basket in exchange for the money.  When CrazyGlue and Intimidatoruag got the basket they handed it directly over to my son.  He was elated!!!  That is what so great about my Cafcna family, they always take care of us!!! :love:

trAVelingman said:
I have been to several STI events in the past, and one particular thing sticks out in my mind above all else.  At one of the STI's Charity Raffles my wife, trAVelingman's widow, was bidding on a basket that they were raffling off.  Widow place a bid, and someone raised it.  Widow upped the ante and, once again, the bid was raised.  At this point, the price of the basket was getting a bit high so I looked back and, lo and behold, the person bidding against her was none other than our oldest son Chris.  Every time Widow would place a bid, grnxnam or KRUKEDWAYS would hand Chris some more money and Chris would outbid her..........Chris WON the bidding and the basket, but then walked across the room and handed the basket to his momma...... :love:

Cherish the memories!!

What's yours?

I was there for that .... and couldn't stop laughing .... she had no clue ...  :laugh:

Heidi Ho said:
My favorite moment was at that same STI.  My son is a golf fanatic and there was a basket full of golf goodies that he wanted in the raffle. So he took all of his money and bought raffle tickets just for that basket.  When Huggy drew the winner, my son did not win.  My son was so upset he started to cry.  Some other Cafcna members (Crazyglue, Intimidatoruag, and a few others) started putting there money together and offering it to the original member who had won that basket, I believe they collected close to $100.  The winning member finally agreed to give up the basket in exchange for the money.  When CrazyGlue and Intimidatoruag got the basket they handed it directly over to my son.  He was elated!!!  That is what so great about my Cafcna family, they always take care of us!!! :love:

:love: ... brought a tear to my eye when we gave it to him ....  (y)

my favorite .... don't even think I could say it was one moment .... It would have to be all the new friends that I have met while at STI .....  :wave: ... almost forgot one .... the Parade when we were there for Pirate Fest .... had a lot of members talking when my family and I did the Chinese fire drill in front of the hotel! ...  :D

my worst? ... we won't go there ....  :E:  ... and be quiet Heidi ....  :beating:

:laugh:  That was GREAT trAV!!!

Lets see...Big L paying how much for a bottle of detail spray? Funny, but no...

Moosc winning EVERYTHING at the raffle...lucky guy!!!

The Georgia Crew dancing in the parking lot...OMGosh, hilarious!

Lots of great memories, but I think my favorite was when my Husband (at the time) came into our hotel room one night and said "Hugz just shut the poker game down and told everyone they had to get out of the room and go to the parking lot.  :eek:  Oh, and Hoss wants to see you...NOW"  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Not sure which was worse...Hugz killing a perfectly good poker game  >:D  or the Big Guy wanting to see me NOW  >:D  :love:

It turned out it was time for the passing of Heidi Hoe and that was when I was deemed her new Madame, and more great memories surfaced from there!

GOT IT!!!

STI V, driving out to take a day cruise down River Street, and the guy on the motorcycle driving up beside each truck and beeping, then on his way back down the line as he was beeping seeing someone (Dune) demonstate the train horns for him and watching him swerve all over the lane he was in. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Way too many to list but I will name a few.....................

Staying up until the sunrise with a few guys, you know who you are, and then having to detail the truck the same morning to be in the parade. And thanks to hugz for finding my wife handing out candy almost a mile behind us.

Watching my kids have the time of their life.

Watching the strobe competition. I almost had a seizure.

The poker game. You rock Fred! Even though you never played before.

And the last, but not least, was beating grnxnam in the mod competition. And yes, I still have all those decals. LMAO. But props to him, he helped me with most of my mods and I found a great friend. You need to come back to the lake house to hang out brother! I miss ya.

And if I left anyone out, there were way to many great memories for me to sit here and go into. All you guys are the best and I will never forget one moment of my first STI. And Intimidatoruag, I had a great time eating pancakes and talking with ya.

avyz66 said:
Way too many to list but I will name a few.....................

Staying up until the sunrise with a few guys, you know who you are, and then having to detail the truck the same morning to be in the parade. And thanks to hugz for finding my wife handing out candy almost a mile behind us.

Watching my kids have the time of their life.

Watching the strobe competition. I almost had a seizure.

The poker game. You rock Fred! Even though you never played before.

And the last, but not least, was beating grnxnam in the mod competition. And yes, I still have all those decals. LMAO. But props to him, he helped me with most of my mods and I found a great friend. You need to come back to the lake house to hang out brother! I miss ya.

And if I left anyone out, there were way to many great memories for me to sit here and go into. All you guys are the best and I will never forget one moment of my first STI. And Intimidatoruag, I had a great time eating pancakes and talking with ya.

Does that mean you'll be joining us at this years STI?

No way in haites I would miss a STI. You ganna be there? Maybe meeting you will be on my next "best of STI" list. That is the one thing I left off of my list was meeting the best crowd ever at STI. It was my first and everyone treated me and my family like we had known each other forever. You can't beat the guys and gals of this site.

I am the coordintor for this STI , so I will DEFINITELY be there.  Wouldn't miss it for the world!!!

My first and only STI was V...

Lot's of memories...

- Doing the treasure hunt with PokerGuy, MaggieMoo and Jacob

- Haunted pub tour with Dune, Shels, Mo & xNightwolf

- Power Tailgate lock mod-marathon

And most of all, meeting so many new friends, who made me welcome even though at the time, I didn't have my Av yet.

ChevyGuyNC said:
My first and only STI was V...

Lot's of memories...

- Doing the treasure hunt with PokerGuy, MaggieMoo and Jacob

- Haunted pub tour with Dune, Shels, Mo & xNightwolf

- Power Tailgate lock mod-marathon

And most of all, meeting so many new friends, who made me welcome even though at the time, I didn't have my Av yet.

What year were you there?

trAVelingman said:

Cherish the memories!!

What's yours?

That was Hilarius!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here's a pic of Widow when she found out Chris was the one bidding against her and one when he gave the basket to her.  :needhug:

Attachments

• PA260333.jpg
    PA260333.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 76
  • PA260334.jpg
    PA260334.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 77
So I was looking through my pic's of STI V and here are some of my favorite memories  :needhug:

Meeting and eating dinner with Avalanche Fox with Shels Land and Mrs.Shopolot (y)

Attachments

• PA230016.jpg
    PA230016.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 74
  • PA230015.jpg
    PA230015.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 74
Having dinner and staying with the trAVelingclan and playing Wii bowling with the trAVelingkids

Attachments

• PA230029.jpg
    PA230029.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 70
  • PA230022.jpg
    PA230022.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 69
Back