• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

backfiring missing on acceleration

dropzone

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
ok looked and can't find anything .03 cladded 4x4 102,000miles, problem is , if i takeoff from a light normal, it might backfire goin' into second gear, but not all the time and only when goin' from first to second gear and fine through the rest of the gears. sometimes seems like it's loading up or misfiring  before i accelerate.gettin' on the freeway is worse. backfiring on acceleration through first and second gear but fine through the rest of the gears.  had a p0301 code  missfire cylinder 1.any thoughts??

When was the last time you have plugs and wires changed.

Or you could try switching the coil pack, spark plug wire and spark plug from the number one cylinder to the cylinder next to it and see if the code follows it. 

changed plugs about a month ago. was getting a misfire . one of the plugs was missingsome of the porcelan off the end . she ran great after that.haven't changed wires yet. i did wash the engine compartment recently due to excessive mud.

Try switching the wire to another spot.

Pull #1 plug & wire, inspect carefully. 

it's been about 4 days since iwashed it.i've washed it before and didn't have this problem. i'll look at everything tomorrow and see if the#1 wires and coil look bad maybe swith the coils around to see if the code changes .

Back