• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My Resignation & the "NEW" Region I - RC

JSal69

SM 2004
As some or most of you already know 2009 has been a bad year for me to say the least.

I have had health issues, work issues, and numerous other life issues that have kept me from keeping up with my responsibilities here at CAFCNA as the Region I RC.

I love this club which has given me thousands of hours of pleasure and new friendships, but I cannot go on shrugging off my duties here and it is for that reason that I am stepping down as RC.

When I was first asked to take on this position I was a bit hesitant, but after many hours and days of contemplation, I decided to accept the challenge.

I regret never completing all my goals that I set out to accomplish when I started and that is one of the reasons I hadn?t resigned sooner.
But that is a selfish reason and after thinking about this for weeks, I decided that for the good of all and the club the time had come for me to let go.

There was only one thing holding me back. When I accepted the job I swore to myself that I would never leave the position without finding a suitable replacement first.

That brings me to the point of this thread?

I nominated a member a while ago as CC for the MD-DE-DC area.

He has never let me down and has far exceeded all expectations I had of him.

He is a true leader in the sense of the word and has wonderful organizational skills and shares my love, devotion and loyalty for CAFCNA.

By now I am sure you know I am talking about Harry a.k.a. GulfstreamV

And for the reasons above are why I chose to nominate Harry as my successor as Region I RC.

It was voted on and Harry won the title by unanimous decision and was approved by staff as the new Region I RC last night.

I will be staying on as a CC for the New York area and will be working closely under Harry to help him in any way he needs.

So won?t you please join me now in welcoming Harry as your new Region I RC.

Congrats Harry (y)

JSal, I hope things get better for you concerning your health.  :wave: I've been reading what's been going on over that way with the work issues and they don't sound like much fun.

Hey John,

I know all of the troubles you've had  and I completely understand. Hugs for ya bud. I too have been lacking in my CC duties as well due to life issues. I'm glad you're staying on as CC though, this way we can plan something soon.

Congrats Harry, I look forward to working with you on making region 1 a success again.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know

Thanks, Mark

:wave: Jsal69,

I'm sure GulfstreamV will do his best to fill out the position. As of during my trip this summer I got to meet both of you, I'm looking forward to attempt any GTG organized by any of you.

GulfstreamV,

Since NC is not that far from ya, if it ever come that you need help for a big event, I'll be happy to be your little helper.  :love:  Congradulation!

Moddess

Sorry to hear about your life issues, but everyone has them including me. I wish the best for you.

Congrats to Harry (y)

All I can say is WOW  :eek:.  Never saw this one coming, but when it did things moved along quickly.

John, thank you very much for the faith you have in me to continue in your position.  I will do my best to continue to make Region 1 grow and become a more active area.  I wish you nothing but the best and hopefully with less stress at home and work your health will improve.  I know you have stepped down, but you can believe I will be calling on you occasionally for your expertise.

OBB - thank you very much

trannyman -  I look forward to meeting you at a GTG soon.   :wave:

Moddess - what can I say?  I had a great time meeting you in DC and look forward to another GTG soon!  Thank you for your support  (y)

Gary - we're just going to continue to support eachothers GTG's

MS03 2500 - thank you sir!  :B:

Frankie - thanks buddy!  I'm looking forward to another GTG with you!

MD2500AV - Thank you  (y)

You will be great (y)

It's going to be tuff, but I think you can deal with it.

John, thanks for all you did for CAFCNA and it was a lot! Your choice of Harry for your replacement was just one more good thing that you have done for CAFCNA. I am sure as you progress with the issues that caused you to step down you will do more once again!

Congratulations Harry, as I get to know more about you I am feeling very comfortable working and planning with you!

Butch

For me just to say Thank You is an understatement Butch.   (y) (y)

Look forward to working with you as well.

:eek:    :E:                                                                                      :kidding:

Congrats Harry.  Way to go!  :woot:

:laugh: :laugh:
INresponse said:
  :eek:    :E:                                                                                       :kidding:

That's a good one!  I may feel like that soon enough.   :laugh:   Thanks though  :D   

Spork - thank you very much  (y)

John.. As I have mentioned when we talked I truly understand your situation and wish you the best through these times you are facing. I think your reasons to step down and your choice of successor show real character. You know I am available for help or support in any way I can so don't hesitate to call.

Harry.. Congratulations and welcome aboard. I know you will do great! If you need anything, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Wow John sorry to see this and wish you all the best.

Harry congratulations my friend but do not think for a minute this removes you from my list  :laugh: :laugh: This is a great choice John. Harry will do great.

Best wishes to all.

Aussie Red said:
Harry congratulations my friend but do not think for a minute this removes you from my list  :laugh: :laugh: This is a great choice John. Harry will do great.

Best wishes to all.

:laugh: I thought this would help, but I still can't get off the list  :E:   :laugh:

Thanks Aussie  :love:

John - Thanks for all that you have done for CAFCNA as the region 1 coordinator.

Harry - Congrats once again. Look forward to working with you and seeing you at a GTG soon.

Brian

John-sorry to hear you've had a bad year...I can commiserate...

Harry-Congrats yet again!  I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!

GulfstreamV said:
:laugh: I thought this would help, but I still can't get off the list  :E:   :laugh:

Thanks Aussie  :love:

Ah Harry you tried so so hard to get there though lol you can never get off " the list" but you are in good company lol ( i think )

Very happy for you my friend.

Congrats Harry!  I look forward to seeing you at a G2G sometime in the future..

John - Although I haven't had much interaction with you from the success of this group and the numerous posts of kind words I can tell you are a great leader.  I hope your issues get worked out for the best.  Good luck.

Back